EDD May 2012 Mummies!

Gemini11

Oh ya mummies, just wondering if the glucose test is compulsory, as in I'm alr almost week 30, n my last visit at week 27 I wasn't informed of any test I need to do. I read glucose test is done ard week 28.

Meilynn

Oh ya mummies, just wondering if the glucose test is compulsory, as in I'm alr almost week 30, n my last visit at week 27 I wasn't informed of any test I need to do. I read glucose test is done ard week 28.
Glucose test is to test for diabetic? If yes, for mine, I will need to do it next week by which I will be almost 30 weeks. My father has diabetic so gynae asked me to do so when I asked him today.

Tannie

Yes I was thinking about bringing it too and glad u brought it up. This might be a silly question though... :p

When preparing my hospital bag, when should I clean the pump? Cos I thought can't clean too early?

Also, after expressing at hospital, how do I clean the pump and bottles? Will the hospital have the cleaning equipment or must I bring?

Thanks so much dear :)

Wah cupcakemum, where did u have ur 3D scan? Did u pay extra for it?

Gemini11

Glucose test is to test for diabetic? If yes, for mine, I will need to do it next week by which I will be almost 30 weeks. My father has diabetic so gynae asked me to do so when I asked him today.
Oh my dad also has diabetic, maybe should I ask my gynae about the test during my next visit (31 weeks)

miracle25

I will be delivering at TMC and was told to pack our own pj. I got those from pasar malam at $8 per set. I got those long sleeve n long pants type as was told the ward might be cold. I will alter it short after my confinement and wear at home.
Hi Tannie,

I'll be delivering at TMC too.. have booked a 4-bedded but not sure if it guarantees me a bed and when I asked my gynae on my last visit, he say it is flexible and can be changed.. dun realy understand wat he meant.. will we be given a list of things to bring on our own nearer to our EDD?

miracle25

Oh my dad also has diabetic, maybe should I ask my gynae about the test during my next visit (31 weeks)
I tot this is a compulsory test too.. but my colleague who is about the same week as me, said she wasn't told by her gynae at all to do this test.. I did too cos my mum has diabetics.. or could it be bcos there's no family history tat's why some dun need?

miracle25

i just returned home from my checkup! Baby is 2.1kg. Doc said its a good weight but asked if I eat a lot ?.?

I told him I eat moderately, I don't stuff myself. He said must watch my intake cos if baby get too big then labour will be difficult. Should I be worried?

Other than that, little one is looking cute from the 3d face scan hehe
hi cupcakemum,

I also eat moderately, didnt stuff myself.. eat only when hungry.. but my gynae still ask me to watch my diet as I merely passed the glucose test.. baby now weighs nearly 1.8kg.. after hearing wat the gynae say, I'm so worried and getting headache whenever comes to meal time ..haiz..

Sweetoothz

i just had my last check up on the 5th and wasnt told of the glucose test also...

Sweetoothz

My hubby n myself decided not to get stroller, we will be using sarong carrier. We find stroller too troublesome to handle... And if really need to, then get later during GSS.
that's what i tot so too. i do have the baby carrier already just dunno if i should get the stroller now as the bb fair is now on.

milkshake

Hi sunkissed, glad to hear both of you are doing fine. I read that baby born early can be fed and made fat with mums milk once they are out. So no need to worry but then again it's hard not to worry in such situation I guess. Jia you!!

climsp

for glucose test, i took it with my 20th week detail scan. i fail, took again on the 21th week. got no family history on diabetics. my gynea is very strict on all check up n test, cos he is 1 of the doctor in charge on the early diabetics in children research for the past 10 yrs in sg. i think is best to check, since this will not onli affect mummies now, will affect our child in future also.

for those who nvr take the test, n need to control diet, just cut down on carbo food like white rice, white bread, change to brown rice n wholemeal bread. dun take soft drink, or any sweet drink outside. try not to take outside soup also. replaced carbo food w/ more veg, meat, fish and wholemeal bread n brown rice. no 3 in 1 drink like milo or coffee, cos inside alot of sugar. can take milo kusong or coffee w/ fresh milk.

2 more months to go!! let jia you!!! stay healthy for our babies n ourselves :)

climsp

that's what i tot so too. i do have the baby carrier already just dunno if i should get the stroller now as the bb fair is now on.
dun intend to get the stroller now also. maybe after baby is abt 3 to 4mth. too young and small i dun feel safe to leave in stroller also.

Tannie

Hi Tannie,

I'll be delivering at TMC too.. have booked a 4-bedded but not sure if it guarantees me a bed and when I asked my gynae on my last visit, he say it is flexible and can be changed.. dun realy understand wat he meant.. will we be given a list of things to bring on our own nearer to our EDD?
THey do provide a list, can be found at their website but is not comprehensive. HEnce good to check around wif others who had stayed there before. I guess the ward is subject to availability...

RedDevil

Ladies, had my gynae follow up today. Bb at 28 weeks 6 days weighs 1.2kg. Thou gynae said weight ok but think from wat I read from other mummies from this forum, my gal seems to be smaller. I hv put on almost 9kgs since pregnant but most weight is on me :(

Placenta on the low side but this excuse me from my south Africa travel cos gynae advised not to travel. Im delivering at Mt Alvernia. Think I too lazy to bring the pj so will juz wear the hospital gown. From my antenatal class, Mt A do provides for rental of breast pump so most probably I will not bring along. If pump really to noisy, will then get my hubby to bring to the hospital.

Was told to bring along pad cos we will bleed. I saw from the taja's fair tt there is this maternity pad. Do we need this or normal pad will do?

Also, I def want to shower post delivery but how to shower wif those Chinese herbs in the hospital? Any advice?
i think my boy is the lightest among all the babies because he weighs abt 1kg. I didnt really put on much weight, around 3kg. The weight gain actually belong to my baby.

xiaoxiaoli

hi mummies,
I came across this on the other motherhood forum.
Think would be helpful to prepare your bags early. Advice from my colleagues is that bag should be prepared 1 month in advance if possible.

1. Feeding time
1.1 For breastfeeding
-Nursing bras:2 pairs (Cotton material is the best)
-Disposable breast pads:1 box

1.2 For breastfeeding w/ expressing
-Breast pump
-Bottles with caps

1.3 Bottle feeding
-Powdered baby milk:3 cans (Consult your paediatrician for type of formulae)
-Bottles with teats and caps
-Bottle sterilising equipment
-Bottle cleaning cleaner:2 (Highly recommended brand: Pigeon, those with fully sponged type. Brush type is not as effective)
-Baby plastic feeding spoon:1
-Baby compact milk powder container:1
-Bottle warmer:1 (Optional)

WHAT TO INCLUDE IN THE HOSPITAL BAG
1. For yourself
-Two nightdresses (Get those with open-front, buttons all the way, for easier breastfeeding)
-Slippers:1 pair
-Nursing bras:2 pairs
-Disposable breast pads:24 pieces
-Necessary toiletries
-Books/ Magazines
-Camera (Remember to load it)
-Cash
-Disposable maternity pads:2 packets (Get more to last say 2 weeks)
-Disposable maternity briefs:2 packs (Get more to last say 2 weeks)
-Going home clothes:1 set
-Jumper/ sweater:1 piece (Get those with open-front, buttons all the way, for easier breastfeeding)
-Face towel:1 piece
-Tissues:1 box
-Breast Pump:1 set (Use to simulate lactation as soon as after delivery)
-Essence of Chicken:Few bottles
-Snacks: Few packets (Get those in smaller packing i.e., biscuits)
-Instantly ready beverages: Few packs (Suggest 3-in-1 milo packs)

2. For baby
-Mittens/ botties:2 pairs (Though baby will be at the nursery, good to have them in case your baby feels cold)
-Going home clothes:1 piece
-Baby disposable wet wipes:1 packet
-Baby disposable nappies: Few pieces
-Baby toiletries:see note
-Shawl:1 piece

N/B: Though good to check what the hospital is providing, it is always good to bring your own in case supply provided by your hospital runs out during your stay

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/5453919/5977698.html?1331023396

Gemini11

Wah thanks for sharing xiaoxiaoli!!!
Really useful!

ive added a few things to the list after combining a few list i've found earlier.
-Hp charger
-Camera charger
-Coins for vending machines in case wanna buy snacks
-Nipple cream
-Socks in case at night very cold
-Bag ziplock bag for soil clothes
-Receiving blanket
-Baby swaddle
-Documents and Marriage Certs for baby name registration.

ok hope that helps. think list should be adequate now. Can start packing soon!

PS: Just realise i miss out the baby toileteries part, what to bring for baby toileteries? just lotion enough?:)

Last edited:

xiaoxiaoli

Apparently need to check with hospital on what they providing for toiletries. =) maybe check with the nurses at the hospital / during the antennata prog / when you go for next check =)

Tannie

Just came back from check up, bb weight 1.1kg, oso on the small side... I had also put on abt 10kg, looks like NB is not absorbing... But doc said is ok, bb seems healthy. She suggest I can't eat a little more but not less.

milkshake

hi mummies,
I came across this on the other motherhood forum.
Think would be helpful to prepare your bags early. Advice from my colleagues is that bag should be prepared 1 month in advance if possible.

1. Feeding time
1.1 For breastfeeding
-Nursing bras:2 pairs (Cotton material is the best)
-Disposable breast pads:1 box

1.2 For breastfeeding w/ expressing
-Breast pump
-Bottles with caps

1.3 Bottle feeding
-Powdered baby milk:3 cans (Consult your paediatrician for type of formulae)
-Bottles with teats and caps
-Bottle sterilising equipment
-Bottle cleaning cleaner:2 (Highly recommended brand: Pigeon, those with fully sponged type. Brush type is not as effective)
-Baby plastic feeding spoon:1
-Baby compact milk powder container:1
-Bottle warmer:1 (Optional)

WHAT TO INCLUDE IN THE HOSPITAL BAG
1. For yourself
-Two nightdresses (Get those with open-front, buttons all the way, for easier breastfeeding)
-Slippers:1 pair
-Nursing bras:2 pairs
-Disposable breast pads:24 pieces
-Necessary toiletries
-Books/ Magazines
-Camera (Remember to load it)
-Cash
-Disposable maternity pads:2 packets (Get more to last say 2 weeks)
-Disposable maternity briefs:2 packs (Get more to last say 2 weeks)
-Going home clothes:1 set
-Jumper/ sweater:1 piece (Get those with open-front, buttons all the way, for easier breastfeeding)
-Face towel:1 piece
-Tissues:1 box
-Breast Pump:1 set (Use to simulate lactation as soon as after delivery)
-Essence of Chicken:Few bottles
-Snacks: Few packets (Get those in smaller packing i.e., biscuits)
-Instantly ready beverages: Few packs (Suggest 3-in-1 milo packs)

2. For baby
-Mittens/ botties:2 pairs (Though baby will be at the nursery, good to have them in case your baby feels cold)
-Going home clothes:1 piece
-Baby disposable wet wipes:1 packet
-Baby disposable nappies: Few pieces
-Baby toiletries:see note
-Shawl:1 piece

N/B: Though good to check what the hospital is providing, it is always good to bring your own in case supply provided by your hospital runs out during your stay

doesnotwork.com: The Leading Doesn T Work Site on the Net
Hi, pardon my ignorance but what is disposable maternity briefs?? i don't think they are the same as disposable underwear right? I bought a pack from Guardian in the largest available size (L) but to be honest i don't think I can even wear L anymore since I've expanded on my thighs and bum. Any idea where to get these maternity briefs or possibly a larger size disposable underwear?? Thanks!