EDD May 2012 Mummies!

Gemini11

Any mummies alr researching on full month baby shower ? Scare later come baby out only one month no time to search plus busy w baby. Im starting to do bit of research ( kaisu mummy) hopefully this week can get the hospital bag n my baby wardrobe up, then can concentrate on baby shower research, afterall only less than 10 weeks for us. Anybaby shower info care to share?

Last edited:

cn211279

Hi Meilynn,

I used nipple cream for the entire first month of breastfeeding and intend to buy one for my second one now. Just buy one tube will do because it can last a long time. And sore nipples won't last too long, only for the first month or so.

Meilynn

Hi Meilynn,

I used nipple cream for the entire first month of breastfeeding and intend to buy one for my second one now. Just buy one tube will do because it can last a long time. And sore nipples won't last too long, only for the first month or so.
Thks. Any particular brand to buy?

Suhaidah

Hey guys, have you all drawn up your birth plan? I'm not sure if its necessary cause it seems drs here don't really bother to follow it. But, im gung-ho on having a natural birth with no epidural. Hopefully!

Meilynn

Any mummies alr researching on full month baby shower ? Scare later come baby out only one month no time to search plus busy w baby. Im starting to do bit of research ( kaisu mummy) hopefully this week can get the hospital bag n my baby wardrobe up, then can concentrate on baby shower research, afterall only less than 10 weeks for us. Anybaby shower info care to share?
Hv yet to plan for Bb shower but from the booklet I received, following suppliers seems not bad.

1) Orange Clove Catering - Catering for the mid to high end market, Orange Clove provides more than just quality food. To turn your regular buffet line into the focal point of your party, Orange Clove's creative logistic team will work their magic with
2) PapaMama | Were Parents too!
3) Sweetest Moments ~ Celebrating your Sweetest Moments with us...

climsp

Hey guys, have you all drawn up your birth plan? I'm not sure if its necessary cause it seems drs here don't really bother to follow it. But, im gung-ho on having a natural birth with no epidural. Hopefully!
hahaha. i also hope having natural birth with no epidural cos if my mum can do it for her 3 children, maybe i can also!!
but hubby scared i cant tahan, must let him know if i need epidural.

Suhaidah

hahaha. i also hope having natural birth with no epidural cos if my mum can do it for her 3 children, maybe i can also!!
but hubby scared i cant tahan, must let him know if i need epidural.
I really think we all can do it la.. Cmon if our parents can do it, why not us right? And i know for sure most drs will convince you to take epidural cause it makes thier job easier but i've told my hubby to resist it. I've seen my SIL suffer after she took epidural. It's been 5 yrs since she gave birth but she's still plagued with backaches everyday and she cant do housework for more than an hour cause her back would hurt so bad! We can do it la!!

climsp

I really think we all can do it la.. Cmon if our parents can do it, why not us right? And i know for sure most drs will convince you to take epidural cause it makes thier job easier but i've told my hubby to resist it. I've seen my SIL suffer after she took epidural. It's been 5 yrs since she gave birth but she's still plagued with backaches everyday and she cant do housework for more than an hour cause her back would hurt so bad! We can do it la!!
i got backaches problem already, tat why i dun want epidural also. lucky for my gynea he is ok w/ me w/o using epidural.

yes! we can do it!!! hahaha:Dancing_tongue:

Suhaidah

i got backaches problem already, tat why i dun want epidural also. lucky for my gynea he is ok w/ me w/o using epidural.

Lucky you! I think my gynae is pro-epidural la. Too last min to back out also so im asking my husband to be my moral suppor t and make sure he resists the evil epi. :p

Rukia

With backache better not to use epidural? MY gynae quite pro-epidural as well. So I am still considering between taking it or not.

Hi,

I have done some research sometimes ago... haha very kiasu .. but not sure whether there will be any changes in price since there are new rules nowadays that the food need to be consumed 3 hours from the preparation and heard that most of the caterer has increased the cost.

Some of it really quite cheap but not sure of the quality and quantity...just for your reference only and do share if have any comment..
(1) http://www.brosoncatering.com.sg
(2) http://www.yehlaisiang.com.sg
(3) http://www.chiachia.com.sg/menus.htm
(4) http://buffetcatering.sg/order-buffet/standard.php
(5) http://dfine.com.sg/index.php/menus/detail/10

Since I have budget on it so I plan to DIY the red eggs and you can buy the Ang kuh keuh from some shops or even stalls from hawker centre.

Last edited:
You can talk to you gynea about it. During last visit I am checking with my gynea when is the suitable time to discuss the birth plan with him. His response is since I knew about birth plan so I must have done some research and study. He felt happy about it and said that I can discuss it with him during this coming visit. He also advise can download some sample from the internet and discuss see which one is applicable and which one is not suitable...
So it is better for you to check with your gynea.

I just do some massage and shake my hands (like swing it). Then I stand up and once the blood flood back to the fingers it gets better. It happen to me every night.. so sometimes in the middle of the night I need to repeat it a few times. Not sure what can be the right solution... Will check with my gynea again on this saturday appt..

Did you do anything to it? I still get it today. Painful....but my next gynae appt is next wk...

Rzena

It's called carpal tunnel syndrome... caused by fluid retention and pressure on the nerves. I'm also having this sensation, but mostly in the mornings after I wake up.

Can google the term and read more on it:
Carpal tunnel syndrome during pregnancy | BabyCenter
Carpal tunnel syndrome (natural remedies)
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome In Pregnancy

I just do some massage and shake my hands (like swing it). Then I stand up and once the blood flood back to the fingers it gets better. It happen to me every night.. so sometimes in the middle of the night I need to repeat it a few times. Not sure what can be the right solution... Will check with my gynea again on this saturday appt..

Suhaidah

With backache better not to use epidural? MY gynae quite pro-epidural as well. So I am still considering between taking it or not.
From what i have seen, the side effects of epidural is backache.. So, if you're already haviung backache, it might aggravate it even more cause its being administered right to your spine area u know..