EDD April Mummies

Huafen83

Dear all mummies,My granddad just passed away this morning. He was rather close to me.. May i ask if it is okay to attend the wake/funeral?
Hi rashescinderalla, sorry to hear abt the news. Hope u r coping well. For me I onli know it's best dun attend funeral. But since he is ur closest kin, should be ok. But like ur grandma mention. U need to follow her instructions. For your bb gd too. Take gd care of urself ok. Dun over upset

phoebe84

Hello April mummies! I'm new to this thread.. Btw did u all buy dry shampoo , considering cant shampoo during our confinement month? If so, which brand and where to get it?

My EDD is 25april. But gynae just informed might deliver mid-April. Excited ! My gynae is Dr Adrian Tan in TMC. For those going to deliver in TMC, did u all attend the hospital tour? How was it?

Jofeny

Hello April mummies! I'm new to this thread.. Btw did u all buy dry shampoo , considering cant shampoo during our confinement month? If so, which brand and where to get it?

My EDD is 25april. But gynae just informed might deliver mid-April. Excited ! My gynae is Dr Adrian Tan in TMC. For those going to deliver in TMC, did u all attend the hospital tour? How was it?
Hello, welcome to our April mummy club. :)

I'm not using any dry shampoo, this question 2ndtimemummy can help. :)

I will b delivering at TMC but I din go for any tour. I think the photos on URL is quite informative already n since my Gynae is also from TMC, so it's a bit like no choice too. Anyway will b there for a few days so didn't really bother. How many beds are u taking? My EDD Is 24.04 but I'm doing c sect on 09.04. :)

Hi Phoebe84,

Welcome to the thread... :)

You might want to try this brand Batiste dry shampoo or alternative, u might want to get it from the chinese medical hall.. some of them do sell dry shampoo powder as they also sell the herbs for showering. :)

all the best.. jia you :)

phoebe84

Thanks jofeny and 2ndtimemum.
I can't imagine myself not shampooing for like a month!
So are u already on maternity leave?

Phoebe :)

yingzy

Hi Mummies to be,

I have 5 tommee tippee (3 white, 2 pink) 260ml brand new milk bottles to sell. 5 for 40 bucks.

Throwing in a pre-love white 150ml tommee tippee. Pick up location at old airport road.

phoebe84

Jofeny, me still working .. I'm still thinking when I should really take maternity leave coz don't want end up take too early. Would prefer more days after delivery so that can spend more time with baby :)

Huafen83

Hi Phoebe, I heard abt the dry shampoo b4 but never use it b4. When I had my no.1, I also can't imagine tat I not going to shampoo for one whole mth but ended up I manage to do it. But I believe confinement is impt :) so bear wid it. One mth very fast over. Me now preg wif no.2 already very firm telling myself this time I will do even better than last time coz may be the last time le :) dun wan anything to regret in future. So jia you!!!!

As for ML depends on ur own condition, if u feel ur body can take it n dun wish to rest, may be u can choose to work all the way till u give birth. Or u may also like take 1week b4 ur Edd to have a gd rest b4 ur bb is out. May be after each of ur gynse visit u see how ur own condition :)

Dilys

Hi phoebe,

Welcome to April mummies !!! :)

Jofeny, me still working .. I'm still thinking when I should really take maternity leave coz don't want end up take too early. Would prefer more days after delivery so that can spend more time with baby :)

Hi Phoebe,

Yup, I'm working from home and has planned to go on leave soon to rest. In total will be taking additional 1 week of leave to make it 17 weeks of ML.. :)

It really depend on yourself if you can still hang on, then it might be a good idea to keep the maternity leave for baby, otherwise you might want to consider to take a couple of days in the week just to rest and relax at home. :)

Calumon

Hello April mummies! I'm new to this thread.. Btw did you all buy dry shampoo , considering cant shampoo during our confinement month? If so, which brand and where to get it?

My EDD is 25april. But gynae just informed might deliver mid-April. Excited ! My gynae is Dr Adrian Tan in Thomson Medical Center. For those going to deliver in Thomson Medical Center, did you all attend the hospital tour? How was it?
Hi Phoebe, I bought the dry shampoo from the retail shop at Thomson Medical Center. You can check it out with the salesperson :)

Huafen83

Hi mummies, April mth is approaching in a few days time! Hope everyone is cropping well n prepared for it. Muz update ur birth story once you have give birth ok! Jia you!

phoebe84

Wow! Thx mummies for sharing.
I will try to endure not to wash hair.. But as for bathing, my confinement lady has instructed to buy those herbal packs to bath during confinement period.

Last night was experiencing my very first time painful lower tummy cramps coupled with lower back ache. I suppose that's BH. These days have been feeling more pressure on my pelvic and vagina too. Did my vagina swab test last week and again diagnosed with yeast infection.. But gynae assured its not serious and just had to be on medication.

Dilys

Wow! Thx mummies for sharing.
I will try to endure not to wash hair.. But as for bathing, my confinement lady has instructed to buy those herbal packs to bath during confinement period.

Last night was experiencing my very first time painful lower tummy cramps coupled with lower back ache. I suppose that's BH. These days have been feeling more pressure on my pelvic and vagina too. Did my vagina swab test last week and again diagnosed with yeast infection.. But gynae assured its not serious and just had to be on medication.
Hi phoebe,

Ya.. u can get herbal packs for confinement @ those traditional medical shop.

For the tummy cramps , back ache... try to relax... use breathing techniques... it will helps. Oh yeast infection is very common so just finish the medicine... everything will be fine.

I was mild infected also.. was given 1 week antibotics. I am okie now.. :)
Positive... ;) Jia you !!

phoebe84

I just went for my gynae checkup and bought the dry shampoo Calumon mentioned. It's Klorane Oat extract dry shampoo selling at $14.60 at TMC level 1. Shall try during my confinement period.

Oh yup dilys, my coll and sil fren also said to buy those herbal packs from medical hall. Gotta stock up before I deliver,

Btw mummies, do u all have any brand infant car seat to recommend??

phoebe84

Yummygums, you keep lookout of any mucous brown/bloody discharge or water bag leaks.. This is advised by my gynae nurse today that I should head hospital immediately ..
As for contractions , check of intervals are within 10 min before heading hosp..

My first time as mummy..anxious too.
Might be u call up your gynae clinic for advice.

yummygums

Hi Phoebe,

I dunno whether my water bag leak or not. Came bk from lunch and Went to the loo and my undergarment is wet, dun smell like urine. But no contraction yet