EDD April Mummies

Dilys

Hi Dilys,

My edd is 29apr.. Been having difficulties to slp, tossing n turning, most if the time waking up to feel both my palms (near e pinky area) numbed.. Also keep waking up arnd 1am n 4am feeling hungry too! So far my gynae haven tell me if i be able to giv birth naturally, but really do hope so (without epidural). As for e chinese name of my bb girl, i wil go calculate but have decided on e english name (Khloe Chen). Btw, im 27 this yr. ;)
Hi dear..

Hmmm.. oh palms (near pinky area) numbed.... Hmm i never heard of that. Maybe blood circulation not good. Try to do some stretching? Oh .. your baby's position down already? Because by now baby should be down already.

As for me .. my edd is 23 April. Yes me too having difficulties in sleeping. :) Now busy zzz & eating. How heavy is your baby now? You should be about 34 weeks now?

Nice name : (Khloe Chen).. :)

rashescinderella

Hi Dilys,

During my last scan on 6 mar, gynae say bb's head is downwards already but commented that bb cud possible turn again. Tt time bb weighing abt 2.1kg. Next visit b on e 29mar.

Huafen83

Hi rashescinderalla, ur appt now still abt 4 weeks once? Yup bb still possible to turn up. So muz tok to bb dun turn back :)

now we all r in final lap of pregnancy. Shall see who will pop first.

For me I already started to have contractions but too early Liao cox now I am in 34 weeks. So was given more med to take :( was also given 2 jab to boost the maturity of my bb liver/lung growth in case he wan to come out early. But I hope he can hang in there for another 3 weeks hehe

zodiacstar

Hi rashescinderalla, ur appt now still abt 4 weeks once? Yup bb still possible to turn up. So muz tok to bb dun turn back :)

now we all r in final lap of pregnancy. Shall see who will pop first.

For me I already started to have contractions but too early Liao cox now I am in 34 weeks. So was given more med to take :( was also given 2 jab to boost the maturity of my bb liver/lung growth in case he wan to come out early. But I hope he can hang in there for another 3 weeks hehe
Hi Huafen83 and rashescinderella,
jiayou and lets all stay strong and have healthy bbs !:)
Stay strong and positive!

zodiacstar

Hi zodiacstar, me tml will be exact 34 weeks. Ya was given enough med to see my Gynae next mon! The moment I reach home I will rest Liao. Hoping the tome will pass fast so tat I can start my ML!!!
Hi Huafen83!
same here my gynae has also mention tht i need to stop walking too much. It didnt help when i was being informed during last check tht she is leaving the hospital for private practice soon after my delivery.Haiz. Hope she can give me one more week of meds to last till 38 weeks (now creeping twds the 37 weeks) but she may not cos bb will be full term then and will encourage natural contractions to set in. I will be delivering again at kkh so hopefully everything will be event free..

Huafen83

Wow zodiacstar, u can't sleep? Can still post at 3plus am?

Think if she may not give u more med le, like u say u approaching 37 weeks bb is considered full term. So like natural feelings take place Ba :)

Ya kkh alot of Gynae r coming out for their own practice :( mine formerally also there but now came out n do his own but I choose to follow him as trust n confidence already built n most impt is comfort :)

let's all jia you! Soon soon!

rashescinderella

Hi Huafen83,

Yupz, its stil 3 weeks once. N gynae often din say much. During scanning she jus say bb heart beat normal n check e weight ttz all. She only prescribed e normal med like multi-vit, calcium pills n fish oil. So far no contractions yet but i THINK i might have lost that mucus plug. I read up in babycenter.com that its cud b days or even weeks til labour. -.-

Dilys

Hi Huafen83,

Yupz, its stil 3 weeks once. N gynae often din say much. During scanning she jus say bb heart beat normal n check e weight ttz all. She only prescribed e normal med like multi-vit, calcium pills n fish oil. So far no contractions yet but i THINK i might have lost that mucus plug. I read up in babycenter.com that its cud b days or even weeks til labour. -.-

Hi

Oh why do u think that ur mucus plug is lost ??

rashescinderella

Im not sure if it is, but it doesn look like the normal discharge.. Its the dangling stringy gluey kind, for like 5-6cm long, instead of the liquidy state. Myb i wil just check with my gynae next thu.

Huafen83

I also having tat. Think it's normal. I tot mucus plug is will have blood? I also dunno how to see it is. Mine is greenish gluey sticky type

chrio

Hi Huafen83!
same here my gynae has also mention tht i need to stop walking too much. It didnt help when i was being informed during last check tht she is leaving the hospital for private practice soon after my delivery.sigh. Hope she can give me one more week of meds to last till 38 weeks (now creeping twds the 37 weeks) but she mitay not cos baby will be full term then and will encourage natural contractions to set in. I will be delivering again at Kandang Kerbau Hospital so hopefully everything will be event free..
Hi Mummy Zodiacstar,

oh you will be delivering at KKH, me too who is your gynae? Mine is Dr. Han, currently im turning 36 weeks, tom.will be my review
this past few days i have experienced its like menstration cramps just mild esp.when im sitting down, will share to my gynae tom. i do not know yet if he will remove my stitch on my 36weeks as i remember my last checked up my gynae told me that he will not touch my stitch unless it breaks itself but will confirm tom.to make it sure. . .Jia You all mummies

zodiacstar

Hi Mummy Zodiacstar,

oh you will be delivering at KKH, me too who is your gynae? Mine is Dr. Han, currently im turning 36 weeks, tom.will be my review
this past few days i have experienced its like menstration cramps just mild esp.when im sitting down, will share to my gynae tom. i do not know yet if he will remove my stitch on my 36weeks as i remember my last checked up my gynae told me that he will not touch my stitch unless it breaks itself but will confirm tom.to make it sure. . .Jia You all mummies
Hi mummy Chrio!
Hmm does your tummy feel tight when you have the cramp? If it does it could be minor contractions! You got to let your gynae know and he will likely order a ctg which will help to confirm your queries. I also felt similar to you and the intensity got higher sso end up i was put on meds.Mine gynae is Dr Regina and she is really nice. You are really doing well and coping great so hang on :)

zodiacstar

Wow zodiacstar, u can't sleep? Can still post at 3plus am?

Think if she may not give u more med le, like u say u approaching 37 weeks bb is considered full term. So like natural feelings take place Ba :)

Ya kkh alot of Gynae r coming out for their own practice :( mine formerally also there but now came out n do his own but I choose to follow him as trust n confidence already built n most impt is comfort :)

let's all jia you! Soon soon!
Haha yeah sort of my regular time for toilet parade so drop in to the forum to see how mummies alike are doing:). Seriously its true but i was hoping bb can stay longer in tummy to gain weight . Feeling BH despite reduction of minor contractions and tugging of the cervix so i am guessing tht despite on meds its not going to stop bb from coming. As for the gynae , you are right but got to think of he costs in total cos likely will need private hospital and antenatal charges aint gonna be cheaper so am kinda hesitant. Guess one step at a time.:) thanks very much for your advice :) really appreciate it!

zodiacstar

Dear all mummies,

My granddad just passed away this morning. He was rather close to me.. May i ask if it is okay to attend the wake/funeral?
Dear rashescinderella,
I am sorry to for your loss. You might want to consult your elders on this as to avoid any unhappiness.
Do take care of yourself.

rashescinderella

Hi Zodiacstar,

I've asked my grandma n she oso suggest tt its better not to go.. But after telling her my reasons, she asked to tied red ribbons arnd my tummy n put ginger in pocket.. N im not allowed to go near the coffin. Ttz y i would like to hear mummies' suggestions too.. ;)

Jofeny

Hi Zodiacstar,

I've asked my grandma n she oso suggest tt its better not to go.. But after telling her my reasons, she asked to tied red ribbons arnd my tummy n put ginger in pocket.. N im not allowed to go near the coffin. Ttz y i would like to hear mummies' suggestions too.. ;)
Sorry about your loss. The general rule is dun attend funerals. But i think its best you consult the elders in your family. Because eventually, if u never go, jus hope that they understand else the tongues will wag.. Some ppl says own family is ok, but really depends on your family culture..

Last edited:

Dilys

Dear all mummies,

My granddad just passed away this morning. He was rather close to me.. May i ask if it is okay to attend the wake/funeral?
Hi dear

Sorry to hear that . Deepest condolences!! Usually preggie u will need to tied a red cloth like belt around your tummy. Attend wake okie but u cannot go during the cremation .. & not allow to join in praying along during the ritual. Really depends on ur family also! For what I know can't walk near coffin & no last look at the person!

Dilys

Hi Mummy Dilys,

Miss u leh, everytime i checked April Mummies, u never comment kinda hmmmp. . . By the way, you better take it slow and as much as possible you must be on bedrest and take care of yourself . . .
I just went for my review my gynae told me in 34weeks he said my baby big leh. . Leh. . .He said me like that and i found it very funny. Congratulations . . . And Thanks to God as my gynae told me last time his operation will be successful if reach 34weeks All Glory to God, currently im turning 35weeks, My little prince was 2.7kg. , he did checked also my stitch still remain close tight and we decided to remove on my 36 weeks. . .
Pray hard. . .Take care[/QUOTE]

Hi chrio,

How r u ?? U say u miss me .. But so bad la u I MSG u , u never reply me also! Sad... How's everything for u , your stitch remove ?? Or u give birth already ?? Give birth Liao must share with us your birth story okie !
Have a smooth delivery !!! Jia you !!