EDD May 2012 Mummies!

Meilynn

Morning ladies!! Soon we will be sharing tips on how best to lose weight ;)

My gal recently always throw tantrum when latching on. Refused to open her mouth big big to suckle properly. Now my nipples are so sore n painful :( Anyone using a nipple shield? If yes good to use? Can share?

Rukia

I am worried my baby will forget how to latch on. I am sick and on medicated. Doc advise not to bf her for at least 5 days until i complete my course of antibiotics. Now my bb is on total fm. How i wish the 5 days pass quickly. I want to get well and be able to nurse my bb again.

Meilynn

I am worried my baby will forget how to latch on. I am sick and on medicated. Doc advise not to bf her for at least 5 days until i complete my course of antibiotics. Now my baby is on total fm. How i wish the 5 days pass quickly. I want to get well and be able to nurse my baby again.[/:err:]

Tot we can still expressed n feed Bb EBM if mummy not well?? Also, if u worry abt nipple confusion, can juz use cup or spoon feeding thesewhile but def more tiring.

Worry less n ttk good care to get well soon.

Morning ladies!! Soon we will be sharing tips on how best to lose weight ;)

My gal recently always throw tantrum when latching on. Refused to open her mouth big big to suckle properly. Now my nipples are so sore n painful :( Anyone using a nipple shield? If yes good to use? Can share?
I almost wanted to buy nipple shield cos of sore nipples. But I tried applying nipple butter and it does help. I also make sure correct way of latching as prevention.

Rzena

I also have abit of nipple sores. Tried using Avent's nipple shield yday to bf, and my baby likes to suckle on it! However it seems a bit slippery, i keep having to guide him to open wider n take more of my breast.

RedDevil

Dear climsp,
Congrats!!! Those up in the middle of the night definitely feeding babies haha. Better get some rest before u discharge from hospital. Yesterday was first night since he just discharged from hospital. I don't really dare to sleep because I scare I can't hear bb cry. So is like every 1 hour I will auto wake up to check on him.

Rukia

I am worried my baby will forget how to latch on. I am sick and on medicated. Doc advise not to bf her for at least 5 days until i complete my course of antibiotics. Now my baby is on total fm. How i wish the 5 days pass quickly. I want to get well and be able to nurse my baby again.[/:err:]

thought we can still expressed n feed baby EBM if mummy not well?? Also, if you worry about nipple confusion, can just use cup or spoon feeding thesewhile but def more tiring.

Worry less n ttk good care to get well soon.
Think it depends on the medication given. My gp told me Not to bf, cos i think the antibiotics she gave me is not that suitable for bf. but if she doesnt give me that antibiotic, i cant get well from my tonsillitis.

I wanna cup feed but cos my mil is taking care of her while i am sick; i think she doesnt know how to cup feed.

twentydec

Resting at ward now!! Here my story!!
12.20 - poopoo
12.50. - insert pill
6:00 - start mild contraction
8.20 - 3 cm , broke water bag by gynea
8.25 - on drip
8.30 - more contraction coming
11:30 - injection at butt area to reduce the pain
15:00 - epidural at 4-5 cm dilation.( I give up cos waited too long still the same)
17:00 - still 4-5 cm gynea check crevic too narrow for my boy.no pt continue to wait
17:36 - baby delivery throu csection

My boy really kick his way out even throu csection. 3.59kg baby. All nurses n gynea keeps
tell me baby very chubby n big! I too small build for him to be natural birth. I cry throughout the operation. Super scare! Untill hear his cry I calm down. So happy he got my big eye. And he got hair!! Haha we always feel our boy maybe botak cos both of us are!! He super hungry when hubby push him to ward for me to see! Mouth move non stop. We ask to feed FM 1st, he finish all!

congrats!! finally the wait is over :)

twentydec

Can't sleep! Wonder any mummies got G.D breast feed?? Nurse told hubby 1st 3 day dont feed. But pediatrician say ok to try tomolo. He will check on baby then let us know! Anyway I dont have any milk to feed also! My boy finish the whole bottle of FM on his 1st feed!

Oh my tummy seem flatted after labour! Both mother in law n mum say I slim down!! Lol. My total weight gain is 2 kg+

hey climsp, i do have G.D but after popping, it went away and everything back to normal. went to gynae yest, will retake glucose test to make sure i'm fully recover. thus far, im going on 50/50 cos yet to meet baby demand. :)

Meilynn

I m using Medela nipple cream. Like the thick coat. Has some Philip Avent nipple cream sample pack do also applying these but more oily n watery.

Rzena

I'm using Avent's nipple cream. Quite ok with the texture n consistency of the cream, really eases off the painful sores quite well. No need to clean off before bf.

Fanger

Need help. Today is 4th day since delivered my bb. This morning, having swollen breast. Is this normal? Why is it pain also? When we can start pump milk? Do we have breast milk? And after pump, do we straight feed baby or have to preheat? It's my first time and didn't know what to do

Need help. Today is 4th day since delivered my bb. This morning, having swollen breast. Is this normal? Why is it pain also? When we can start pump milk? Do we have breast milk? And after pump, do we straight feed baby or have to preheat? It's my first time and didn't know what to do
4th day meaning u are having colostrum. It is precious milk so please try to give it to BB :) u can try to let BB latch on to reduce the pain in swollen breast if not pump it out. If u feed straight to BB no need to preheat.

Meilynn

Dear Fanger, u are experiencing engorgement. Need to start getting your Bb to latch on n direct feed from your breast or pump out else the swelling will get worse n breasts will be harden n sore like rocks. Will be very painful then.

To ease the swelling, use a hot towel n apply over the Breast area before massage. Avoid covering the nipple n areola area. Need to massage until the harden area is gone but best pump is still your Bb.

First few days will hv limited milk flow. The type of milk is colostrum n it is extremely nutritious so will be limited quantity. After you pump, can feed baby directly. Else if put in fridge, to consume within 48 hours. Need to heat up before consumption. If in freezer use within 3 months.