EDD September 2013 Mummies

skt

A mummy: Yup, inclusive for hubby. Parkway East has weekend slots. $218 from Mt Alvernia is quite cheap and affordable. I think glens has alway been the one of the prestigious hospitals and that explains the higer price?

And yes, you can still tour around the materinity facilities even you've decided on the hospital, it's always good to familiarise with the place. :)

raoow

Hi ladies! Been so busy cos I'm moving house. This two months super shag cos I'm moving to my parents place in April and moving to new place in June. Argh!! My renovation was delayed and the rental place cannot extend so no choice but to move to my parents.

I heard the prenatal classes gets full pretty fast. Better book soon!

Hospital tour sounds fun! Good to see their wards then can decide which to go. Ask them if you choose single bedder ward and it's full, will they still charge you the single bedder price, or the double bedder price.

Sunbeams

I use the nipple cream from pigeon. I saw that day so went to buy. Gets itchy ESP at night.
not sure if I m allergic to stretch Mark cream but I have rashes all over my body. Maybe heat rash? SShrugs.

for milk, I don't usually drink :p but eat calcium pill once a day.
if I drink, usually aust brand for farmhouse. The low fat. Like the taste! Heh

littlej

Hi faithmummy - yeah my two choices for gynae only deliver at glen e.

Are antenatal courses necessary?

Mummies - I am at a dilemma. I cannot decide if I should go with dr Peter chew or dr chan kon hon. Dr chew helped me with this "success" via natural means as in after my first visit to him - viola - striked jackpot. Dr chan has always been my gynae for the past many years (regular checks etc).

I went to see both recently. They are very different.

Dr chew's scanning does not include measurements ie no head circumference, abdominal circumference, fetal length, femur length and weight. Dr Chan's scanning includes all the measurements as listed above. Dr Chan's machines are definitely more advanced as he could identify baby is a boy but dr chew said not sure, cannot see yet.

Questions ; Are these measurements necessary? Do you get these measurements with your gynae?

If anyone has any feedback, do let me know please... Thanks thanks!

skt

littlej: my gynae does provide me with the meansurements during each monthly scan checkup. I think it's good to know the measurements to know roughly how much the baby has grown, any implications etc.

Antenatal course is useful if you are a first time mum, as the classes will cover topics like nutrition, how to calm down/ massage the new born, the techniques for your husband to massage your back during your labour, what's doing to happen during the labour, things like we shouldn't push as and when we want but only when the nurse asks us to etc.

Just my 2-cents worth. :)

A mummy

A mummy: Yup, inclusive for hubby. Parkway East has weekend slots. $218 from Mt Alvernia is quite cheap and affordable. I think glens has alway been the one of the prestigious hospitals and that explains the higer price?

And yes, you can still tour around the materinity facilities even you've decided on the hospital, it's always good to familiarise with the place. :)
ok so i'll book next mth for my 22 week scan plus hospital tour. then after that i'll try mt alvernia for the talk.if full, i'll go glens.

raoow

@raoow, can we move house now ? My mum say don't touch any furniture in the house
Yah, some people "pantang" say cannot. But no choice and we dont believe in it lah. My new place ready after renovation in June. And rental ends this month. I'm supervising the packing and getting movers to do everything else.

Yiks

Yah, some people "pantang" say cannot. But no choice and we dont believe in it lah. My new place ready after renovation in June. And rental ends this month. I'm supervising the packing and getting movers to do everything else.
Dont worry! Just be extra careful, everything will be fine! It'll help to talk to your lil one too!

I teach in a school, so I use alot of stickers, stamps, and cut papers too. But I'll always talk to my lil one. :)

chweewy

how big the bump shd b?

Hi mummies to be, I'm in my 5 mths today but the bump is still not big... Any mummies face the same like me? I'm first time mom..worried..:(

Sunbeams

Yup! Heard that first time mum the baby bump can't be seen so soon but I m into week 19.. N pple can start to tell :(
although I m not really believing it! N I m having a boy too. Think boys tend to be neater in the tummy hence smaller in size.

yup, Chinese believe in patang! But everything Shld be ok coz my good friend room was renovated when she's preggie too n her bbaby girl turned up totally ok!

babywipes

Hi faithmummy - yeah my two choices for gynae only deliver at glen e.

Are antenatal courses necessary?

Mummies - I am at a dilemma. I cannot decide if I should go with dr Peter chew or dr chan kon hon. Dr chew helped me with this "success" via natural means as in after my first visit to him - viola - striked jackpot. Dr chan has always been my gynae for the past many years (regular checks etc).

I went to see both recently. They are very different.

Dr chew's scanning does not include measurements ie no head circumference, abdominal circumference, fetal length, femur length and weight. Dr Chan's scanning includes all the measurements as listed above. Dr Chan's machines are definitely more advanced as he could identify baby is a boy but dr chew said not sure, cannot see yet.

Questions ; Are these measurements necessary? Do you get these measurements with your gynae?

If anyone has any feedback, do let me know please... Thanks thanks!
Hi LittleJ, my visits to gynae usually only consists of measuring the length of the baby. Only during the NT scan did the doc measure the head circumference, show us the nasal bone, etc. Gynae never told us the weight of the baby ever. Only said that the length is important to ensure the baby is growing well.

babywipes

Hi mummies to be! i just got back from my doc and he says i'm carry a little princess! :)
the doc always asks us if we have any questions to ask him...and we always have none....hahaha do you girls have alot of questions to ask your gynae? what questions do you girls ask?

raoow

Babywipes: Congrats on your princess! I know what you mean. Every time I go for my checkups, I don't seem to have anything to ask. Haha! I guess nothing is good news!

I'm so loving second trimester! Feeling my stomach harden and go away is super fun. Love my baby so much already. Goodness. LOL.

Hi mummies to be! i just got back from my doc and he says i'm carry a little princess! :)
the doc always asks us if we have any questions to ask him...and we always have none....hahaha do you girls have alot of questions to ask your gynae? what questions do you girls ask?
Congratulations! When you don't have a request, you have no questions. Just for suggestion, do you want a natural process of labor? Ask how is your doctor and the hospital practices during labor and birth. How comfortable is he/she if you labor off the bed. i.e in position other than on your back. In what situation will he/she induce labor. Will he/she rush the labor, such as using drugs to shorten the length of your labor? Can you eat and drink during your labor etc. Only if you know the risks and benefits of certain medical practices then will you be able to understand the impact.
HypnoBirthing in Singapore | ChildBirth Odyssey