EDD Jan 2014

Rzena

LynetteN, you can tell your gynae your intention. I donated through SCBB - Singapore Cord Blood Bank. You can check out their website for more details on donating cord blood. www.scbb.com.sg

LynetteN

Hi Rzena I have the same tots too. Thanks i will contact Hopefully I rem. So many things to juggle these days my memory real bad :p

illuz

I will be donating too. Extracted from websites discussing about cord blood banking: parents should know that a child's own cord blood (stored at birth), would rarely be suitable for a transplant today. It could not be used at present to treat genetic diseases, for example, because the cord blood stem cells carry the same affected genes and. if transplanted, would confer the same condition to the recipient. The odds of finding a suitably-matched, publicly-donated, unrelated cord blood unit are already quite high and continue to improve as inventories of public cord blood banks grow.

babytazz

There's books on recipes too. :)
i also have the same problem when uploading pix. Too small...
Mummies who are reaching wk 28, think gynae would have told u to count fetal movement - need at least 10 times a day. Do take note ya! I juz read a post in fb on less fetal movement which isn't good. If movements are less than 10, call your gynae immediately. The clinic told me a separate count is counted only when baby stops moving then move again.

babytazz

Just wondering.. Any of u experiencing headaches? Initially thought I had them because I was under sun. (Being under sun causes me headaches sometimes). But today didn't go under sun and still experiencing slight headache.... Wonder if I'm lacking in iron like what some websites say..

Mummies, may i check with u what is ur weight gain so far ? I've gained 15.5kg and i'm only at week 26 of my pregnancy. I've just been to the gynae and he told me to cut down my intake of carb and sugar. Above that to cut down on my intake of food and increase the amount of meals. I'm so dame sad about it. he is worried that i gained so much excessive weight and isnt good for the baby and that may have complications at the 3rd trimester.
I love my carb wasnt able to jus cut down ... and i tried cutting down but i'm jus constantly hungry now over the decrease in food intake ... with my work i'm not able to increase the amount of meals ... anyone facing the same prob ? any advice ?

babytazz

Jasmine: I read about gynae giving water pills for mummies to be who are not to gain so much weight. If your weight gain is too much and you can't help it, perhaps can ask gynae if he have any other solutions available? Or else, maybe eat more veg, fish and fruits and drink more water make yourself full? Or if you are able to nibble some snacks, eat those oat biscuits?

Missy: Hai.. I had those headaches after my recent visit to gynae. Will have to wait 3 weeks to see him again.

illuz

Mummies, may i check with you what is your weight gain so far ? I've gained 15.5kg and i'm only at week 26 of my pregnancy. I've just been to the gynae and he told me to cut down my intake of carb and sugar. Above that to cut down on my intake of food and increase the amount of meals. I'm so dame sad about it. he is worried that i gained so much excessive weight and isnt good for the baby and that may have complications at the 3rd trimester.
I love my carb wasnt able to just cut down ... and i tried cutting down but i'm just constantly hungry now over the decrease in food intake ... with my work i'm not able to increase the amount of meals ... anyone facing the same prob ? any advice ?
I gained alot during my 1st trimester (7-8kg) and gynae already warned me to cut on sugars and carbs. From there onwards I am on a very strict diet. So for the last 2 months I only gained 1kg which almost all of it goes to baby. I eat meats normally, increase intake of veg, low sugared fruits and drink more water. If Hungry at night can drink some low fat high calcium milk with 2-3 pieces of biscuits.

Guess you really have to be disciplined and determined. It's hard.. But for the good of both mummy and baby. Jia you!!

Last edited:

alicianeo

Jasmine, on taking in-between meals during work, you may want to try keeping cereals (like coco crunch or honey star) n milk in the office, or bite-size fruits like cherry tomatoes, grapes, rasberries, blackberries etc... handy n healthy snacks for quick bites n munches

My weight gain is ok but i've always been wanting to eat more healthily but it's easier said than done.... I still eat alot of outside food n fast food n sometimes instant noodles........

Last edited:
It's been a long time mommies...hahaha...after work commitment and wedding preps...finally, I'm now able to breathe...hahaha. Any of you experience water retention yet? I'm getting them in my feet now especially in the afternoon...

Missy10

I only gained 6kg in total, but gynae says bb is big, i love carbs too.... but realised cant eat much nowadays as mayb my body is shorter, bb kick is up to my stomach already, so my burping came back again....

No water retention, mummies do drink more more water to reduce water retention

hi jasmine, I gained 16 at wk 26!! but gynae says it's ok, I'm more worried than he is, I've been asking him if my wgt gain is ok in the past 2 visits!
he says he will b worried if I don't gain cos that will risk baby's growth.. think he doesn't want to add unnecessary stress to me too.. it will b torturous to have to watch diet while worrying about eating healthy n baby's growth..

I guess u should not stress yourself out too much! for me, I just avoid excessive snacking.. I still continue to eat normal meals n have a bit of snack (even satisfy sinful cravings) whenever I feel like it :)

hi chiching, wedding over yet? you' re a super mummy! can juggle pregnancy n wedding! Jia you! btw, my water retention is quite bad (angle can get broader than feet kind!) n gets worse when I go work n sit whole day.. with rest (lying down n no excessive walking / sitting) the condition subsides.. I wear those compression socks to sleep n it helps.. gynae says it's perfectly normal n nothing to worry about so long as the condition is not companied by high blood pressure..

LynetteN

Read before that how much weight gain matters depends on the women weight before pregnancy. Those slimmer will be normal to gain more than those obese ones. Your obstetrician will be the best to know whether your gain is healthy anot as they have been monitoring our weight and blood pressure each session.

illuz

I only gained 6kg in total, but gynae says bb is big, i love carbs too.... but realised cant eat much nowadays as mayb my body is shorter, bb kick is up to my stomach already, so my burping came back again....

My baby is a little above average too! She's 1.2kg as of yesterday. Doc took a 3d face shot of her and she's already chubby!

Missy10

illuz:833751 said:

My baby is a little above average too! She's 1.2kg as of yesterday. Doc took a 3d face shot of her and she's already chubby!
Picture picture!!!!

Mine abv average too.... gynae jus say bb very long(tall like hubby) in Sept then the last visit in oct says very big hor....

illuz

Mine at week 24 only 660g leh! Comparing with yours 1.2kg at 27 weeks, mine seems small. Haha..
Gosh..!! Mine indeed sounds big. I did a search online and it seems that the average for 28 weeks is only 1kg (from baby centre)

Missy, here's her chubby face shot:
photoA.jpg