**2011** Rabbit Mama Pls Gather here **

maneo0302

i thought of going swimming pool walk ard during last tri. but than i thought abt what im suppose to wear there and i decided not to go. but they say its very good for labour.
I also lazy to go at first. But i promised my hubby and my mum...

MummyJan

sorry ya, but what is alpha thalassaemi?
well, i also didn't kw when i 1st heard. Bt I managed to find some info...

People who do not produce enough alpha globin protein chains.

Alpha globin is made by 4 genes, 2 on each strand of chromosome 16. Individuals who hav 1 or 2 abnormal aplha globin genes have alpha thalassemia trait.

Tiggee

well, i also didn't kw when i 1st heard. Bt I managed to find some info...

People who do not produce enough alpha globin protein chains.

Alpha globin is made by 4 genes, 2 on each strand of chromosome 16. Individuals who hav 1 or 2 abnormal aplha globin genes have alpha thalassemia trait.
is it dangerous to the baby?

Tiggee

well, depends.... baby will stands abt 25% having thalassaemia. If serious, baby will be stillborn or even dies after born few hrs ltr....

that's y i'm so worried, hopes my hubby dont hav it
Pray that your hubby doesnt have it and that your baby will be fine!

hotmilktea

i got a mummy told me the doc can see her baby gender at week 12, and it is 80% confirm.
is it possible to see so early? coz i read is like week 20 or so.

Tiggee

i got a mummy told me the doc can see her baby gender at week 12, and it is 80% confirm.
is it possible to see so early? coz i read is like week 20 or so.
its easier to know the gender if your baby is a boy. Ard 16 weeks will be better than 12 weeks. And of cos you can confirm your gender at 20 weeks. i was told mine was 80% a boy during 17 week & it was confirmed during my detail scan!

maneo0302

its easier to know the gender if your baby is a boy. Ard 16 weeks will be better than 12 weeks. And of cos you can confirm your gender at 20 weeks. i was told mine was 80% a boy during 17 week & it was confirmed during my detail scan!
My gynea also told me that my bb's gender is a boy at week 17-18. But she say she's unsure if its the umbilical cord or the organ. So to be more exact, confirm it again during your 20th week.

stonston

My #2 is also rabbit baby:) Due 5th Oct :)

RE: Dr Adrian
Eh... I visited him during my 'gynae shopping' days when preggie with #1. Did not like his 'chop chop' style considering the LONG waiting time. Also, heard that he likes to encourage assisted delivery/c-section. Happened that 4 of my friends went to him and all 4 had assisted delivery (without their knowledge or approval).

RE: Gender
My #1 could tell was boy at 12weeks cos the penis and BALLS were very obvious already. This round, my gynae tried looking at 12weeks and we only saw umbilical cord. So far no sign of penis/balls :) So gynae said high chance is girl, but don't buy clothes yet :p

maneo0302

My #2 is also rabbit baby:) Due 5th Oct :)

RE: Dr Adrian
Eh... I visited him during my 'gynae shopping' days when preggie with #1. Did not like his 'chop chop' style considering the LONG waiting time. Also, heard that he likes to encourage assisted delivery/c-section. Happened that 4 of my friends went to him and all 4 had assisted delivery (without their knowledge or approval).

RE: Gender
My #1 could tell was boy at 12weeks cos the penis and BALLS were very obvious already. This round, my gynae tried looking at 12weeks and we only saw umbilical cord. So far no sign of penis/balls :) So gynae said high chance is girl, but don't buy clothes yet :p
I'm more comfortable with a female gynea. that's why i chose mine, who is a female in Mt. Alvenia.

U cant be sure of your baby's gender at such early weeks. Even if the gynea is 100% confirm, you have to confirm it yourself during your 20 weeks scan, to be safe!

Tiggee

I'm more comfortable with a female gynea. that's why i chose mine, who is a female in Mt. Alvenia.

U cant be sure of your baby's gender at such early weeks. Even if the gynea is 100% confirm, you have to confirm it yourself during your 20 weeks scan, to be safe!
My gynae freeze frame to let me see my lil boy's "thingy". Lols. He some circle the "thing" and wrote boy thing. I laughed my head off! :)
Den of cos during detail scan me and hubby also saw. :)