**2011** Rabbit Mama Pls Gather here **

hotmilktea

is ok , dun worry. i just got back from gynae, i lose 1kg. but he say is perfectly normal not to gain and lose during 1st tri. from 2nd tri then start gaining slowly. my concern is the weight will 1 shot blown in my face then i jia lat...ha ha ha

Jennifer Kee & maneo0302 - tks.. I weight myself everyday and I indeed very concern..
My gayne said is okie not not gaining any weight, den weight drop it is still fine.. dun force myself to eat if I really cant eat..mayb is for these period ba.. in 3rd trimester shld hav shown some weight gain..

hotmilktea

hmm btw, i will be going for the Oscar Test during next appointment at week 13, it cost $465 like that.
there seems i dont have a choice, coz my bestie only went for the NT scan and cost $100 over only.

maneo0302

hmm btw, i will be going for the Oscar Test during next appointment at week 13, it cost $465 like that.
there seems i dont have a choice, coz my bestie only went for the NT scan and cost $100 over only.
I think i went for the scan too, and it costs 200+

Shannyang

is ok , dun worry. i just got back from gynae, i lose 1kg. but he say is perfectly normal not to gain and lose during 1st tri. from 2nd tri then start gaining slowly. my concern is the weight will 1 shot blown in my face then i jia lat...ha ha ha
Oh ya.. I scare of that too.. haha..

Tiggee

I didn't do oscar test. Cos by the time I visited my gynae I was already 17 weeks. But I did some other test for downsyndrom but it was optional cos I'm still very young but I just do to buy a piece of mind. And a triple blood test, which everybody also got do.

hotmilktea

the 'very young' makes me very envy :p

the oscar test is offer in 1st tri, which is $4++, and the triple test you got is offer in 2nd tri - doc say this has been ard for 15 yrs whereas the Oscar test is new. he say if only the draw the amino fluid (yang shui) does not carry miscarriage chance, every women sld go coz is the 100% accuracy.

oscar test is 3 in 1, incld ultrasound and measure the neck there NT scan and blood test for the markers.

I didn't do oscar test. Cos by the time I visited my gynae I was already 17 weeks. But I did some other test for downsyndrom but it was optional cos I'm still very young but I just do to buy a piece of mind. And a triple blood test, which everybody also got do.

Tiggee

the 'very young' makes me very envy :p

the oscar test is offer in 1st tri, which is $4++, and the triple test you got is offer in 2nd tri - doc say this has been ard for 15 yrs whereas the Oscar test is new. he say if only the draw the amino fluid (yang shui) does not carry miscarriage chance, every women sld go coz is the 100% accuracy.

oscar test is 3 in 1, incld ultrasound and measure the neck there NT scan and blood test for the markers.
you are not that old either. I'm just considered very young to be a mum.
the blood test I did was serum screening I think. $200+ and detail scan was $145 I think.

hotmilktea

i am 29 this year...but my mum like to say i 30 plus already to other people. sot

you are not that old either. I'm just considered very young to be a mum.
the blood test I did was serum screening I think. $200+ and detail scan was $145 I think.

lsy

i am 29 this year...but my mum like to say i 30 plus already to other people. sot
As per medical guidelines in overseas Oscar is recommended for Preggy ladies above 35 yo.
If u r 29 it is really optional.
Who say no risk? U read the Oscar brochure d?
The process carries certain risk of miscarriage too when u get false positive result. U will need to decide whether cont with amniocentesis.
http://www.babycenter.com.sg/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/testsandcare/oscar/

Last edited:

uksportgal

wao seems like I got the cheapest test done among your le.. I did my NT test (sth like the oscar one) $120 at TMC then my detail scan at PEH for $116, blood test at clinic $60 or less I can't rem.. so far so good ~ all the test are fine...

hotmilktea

As per medical guidelines in overseas Oscar is recommended for Preggy ladies above 35 yo.
If u r 29 it is really optional.
Who say no risk? U read the Oscar brochure d?
The process carries certain risk of miscarriage too when u get false positive result. U will need to decide whether cont with amniocentesis.
OSCAR test in the first trimester
yah, but normally if gynae give the option to test or not, i wld go for it.. at least that is how my hubby and I feel.

there is no direct risk when taking the Oscar test. it is just scanning, measuring and taking blood test. that is what i meant.

whatever results taken from the test will go to the next level of worries...which i prayed hard wun happen to me

Last edited:

lydiaveroni

its normal to worry i guess. i was also very paranoid about the blood test. but it turned out fine. im also worried about the detailed scan in 2 weeks time.... and im super pantang

pipilili

Scanning is not scary...they just put some gel on your tummy then roll the thing on your tummy to see the bb.

Blood retrieval to me, is more scary cos you will feel pain if not done properly.:001_302::001_302::001_302:

maneo0302

Scanning is not scary...they just put some gel on your tummy then roll the thing on your tummy to see the bb.

Blood retrieval to me, is more scary cos you will feel pain if not done properly.:001_302::001_302::001_302:
Whatever pain it is, and to make sure that baby is well, i feel that its worth it.