EDD April 2013..cont

Haha I bought mine from cheong choon at 7 dollars... jus one pack enough aldy cuz the first few days are heavier... better start packing in case baby is early

I think the rest of the days can use normal sanitary pads those night use ones... not sure leh see how lol I oso dont knw how the flow will be like lol... btw, have u started habing contractions? Actually my contractions started v early and now its getting more n more intense... isit a sign?

[h=5]EXPECTING YOUR BABY AND IN NEED OF ADVICE FOR ANTENATAL CARE AND CONFINEMENT SERVICES?

Nestled amidst the quiet and serene nature in the north-eastern part of Singapore, Aixin Mummies is the only one-stop wellness and confinement center in Singapore to provide stay-in confinement services for mummies. Our nannies are specially selected and undergo intensive training to ensure that we provide our mummies and babies the best care during the confinement month.

We also provide antenatal classes for mummies; pre/post natal & aqua yoga; herbal bath and massages; guidance and massages for breast-feeding mummies after birth; slimming massages and tummy binding after birth etc.[/h]http://www.facebook.com/aixin.mummies

I think the rest of the days can use normal sanitary pads those night use ones... not sure see how lol I also dont knw how the flow will be like lol... btw, have you started habing contractions? Actually my contractions started very early and now its getting more n more intense... isit a sign?
i have contractions since dec n have been on medication to prevent early labour. but previous experience I had was diarhoe, or loose stools n cramps like menses. the pain will increase from an hr to every 30mins then to every 10-20mins. look out for watery discharge too. it's sign of labour.

I have some yellowish discharge, I told doc and she says its braxton hicks.. really hope baby can be full term, or at least after 36 weeks at least...

alag

Is the yellow discharge a common sign of Braxton hicks?

Do you feel any other discomfort?

Did any other mummies go for the 4D scan?

I not sure, not matter how I wash I still have yellow discharge and sometimes clear discharge... 4D scan think if wana go have to go before 32 weeks or something... haha think dont need go la wait for them to pop out... shld be just a few more weeks...

Hi alag, no need waste $$ on 4D scan since baby out soon. If u wan, buy 4d from Singapore pools, then strike then even better! Hehee

Hi autumn fall, I got the cramps too early to be Braxton kicks n it was confirmed by my gynae so was on bed rest since early dec. now finally off medication so that baby can pop out naturally. Very nervous everyday coz tue checkup gynae say baby can pop anytime. N my hubby has not buy the new baby mattress to replace the old 1. Sterilizer still not wash yet since 3 yrs ago. I must everyday hurry him or he will Bo chap till I deliver.

alag

I didn't go for it either because I didn't want to find out the gender of the baby. Afraid it might be too obvious.

Seems like most of you guys have gotten almost everything ready... I better buck up!! :)

hi alag, coz we all worried baby will pop by 36 weeks so faster prep everything ready then last few weeks can rest n relax before big day.. hahaha more kiasu bah. just take ur own time n relax.

Hi alag, no need waste $$ on 4D scan since baby out soon. If u wan, buy 4d from Singapore pools, then strike then even better! Hehee

Hi autumn fall, I got the cramps too early to be Braxton kicks n it was confirmed by my gynae so was on bed rest since early dec. now finally off medication so that baby can pop out naturally. Very nervous everyday coz tue checkup gynae say baby can pop anytime. N my hubby has not buy the new baby mattress to replace the old 1. Sterilizer still not wash yet since 3 yrs ago. I must everyday hurry him or he will Bo chap till I deliver.
Omg iceydragon, how many weeks r u? Im 33, started having cramps v long ago but recently got worst. .. doc checked me today say no dilation yet so shld be fine... wan to check... does early contraction means baby gonna pop out early? I do hope baby is at least 36 weeks before delivery, if not baby will have breathing problems... I havent pack hospital bag, but I have gotten a list of what to bring and have bought everything except hospital pyjamas.. any idea where I can get cheap pj gowns with front opening for breastfeeding?

alag

post natal massage

Hey ladies, want to ask if you have any recommendation for the post natal massage (jamu)?
Ideally, I am looking at one that can travel to my place. Appreciate the tips!

Hi autumn fall, I got sarong (batik material) with zip till the tummy as pj gown because I went to some shops all say don't have my size. I buy at bukit Timah plaza when I company hubby n son go c doc. That was my only chance my hubby willing to bring me out so I Bo Bian buy the sarong gown. Cost me $16.80 per pc. U can try wet market with shops. Usually will sell pj.

I m now 34 weeks. Ya my gynae say early contractions likely will have early birth. Now tahan till 34 weeks n gynae assure me baby is fine so I m more at ease. Just now lunch hubby go buy diapers n nappy cream other small daily baby items.. Haaa.. 1 thing lesser to harass my hubby lo. Haahaa.. This weekend I will chase him buy mattress.

Re: post natal massage

Hey ladies, want to ask if you have any recommendation for the post natal massage (jamu)?
Ideally, I am looking at one that can travel to my place. Appreciate the tips!
Hi alag, I sign babies bellies coz it's cheapest n I see forum got good recommendations. I also prefer business run massage rather than private Malay aunties. I buy basic package, 5 days for $315 since 1st time doing it. Don't wan to buy 7 days in case I can't withstand the binding. Transport is per day $7-20. They quoted me $8 per day. U can check the forum here n c wat other mums say.

Eh when will we start doing the massage? I will be asking for contacts maybe I pass u once I have, alag?

And do we do 5 days in a row?

Wah 34 weeks and coming out aldy... happy for u, I wish mine will be earlier too.. began washing baby towels, bedsheets and swaddling cloths today. Planned to pack my hospital bag too in case suddenly wana give birth lol... so kiasu...

The admin ask me call them once I back home n settle down with baby, maybe 3-5 days later then their auntie will come on the 8th day then do continually for 5 days, but they sun don't do so they will plan it such that 5 days can be done continually.

alag

Thanks for the recommendation!! I'd check it out. :) I heard binding can get quite uncomfortable too... But 5 days seems reasonable.
So far, only managed to book my confinement nanny...

Thanks so much!

alag

Do we have to wash all the baby items first? It didn't even occur to me. :p

Ahh beginning to panic. I just went for my check up. Entering 32 weeks but doctor has given me hospitalization leave as my little one is sitting a little too low for comfort. :(

Have to wash... and must wash with special baby detergent... can get from normal giant or sheng shiong... oh no alag, hosp leave for how long?

Iceydragon, was ur first one early too? They say usually first one early subsequent oso early... isit true? And do u gals experience cramps? I have cramps and doc check says no dilation haiz... no dilation how come cramp? Very confused now...

Baby is 2.3kg at 33weeks now... but tummy is extremely small I look like im onlY 5 mths.. does belly size matters? Doc never say anything though