EDD April 2013..cont

I'm also 32 weeks now, and from the usual once a mth gynae visit, my gynae has scheduled me to visit her two weeks layer!

I wonder if its because the ultrasound scan showed that my baby's head is downwards already? Does it mean I am gonna deliver soon??

Has anyone started biweekly visits to her Gynae?

Im oso visiting the gynae bi-weekly, think is to make sure everything is going on well and to prepare for labor... gynae says baby most likely to come out between 37 to 40 weeks...

pigletbao

Yup! Started seeing gynae once every two weeks since Week 28. Think it's just for closer monitoring. Then from Week 36, will be weekly visits for me.

Autumnfall - my gynae didn't mention anything abt when baby will come. Did your gynae mentioned why he/she said Week 37-40 or is it coz it's the norm?

Ya gynae says baby is considered full term from 37 weeks onwards as they are fully developed so most women give go into labor between 37 to 40 weeks... usually baby will arrive arnd one or two weeks prior to their edd... a minority will give birth after that..

Hi all, this morning when I woke up and went to the toilet I realised that my underwear had a wet patch...is it common to have such watery discharge? Din feel anything tho until I saw the patch...my hubby thinks I peed but I m pretty sure it isn't..
It's common because your bladder is not so easy to control now so little cough or laughing etc could cause some leaks. You can use panty liner. No worries.

Yasumi

Hihi yasumi im having a boy, u? Mrs wong`s class is fun but am afraid I will give birth before completion of course. I only signed up in early jan and I waited a month for the class to begin.

I bought my baby clothes from the expo baby fair last week, didnt buy much but will definitely look at gmarket too lol...

My hubby's fren is coming over to tok abt insurance policies on mon, maybe will share what we have gotten here so we can all compare n see which is better.. heard its better to get it now so that if baby is borned with problems (touch wood) we can claim immediately. But actually a gd hospitalisation and health insurance would suffice...

Any idea what to pack for hospital stay? Lol abit kiasu to pack now but wana prepare early.. anyone has swelling feet aldy? My feet started sweling 2 weeks ago, I cut down on sugary and salty stuffs, it got better for a while n now its worse...

Hi hi, I am having a baby girl. :)

Regarding what to pack for hospital stay, i have yet to pack too. Will be preparing early too just in case. Below is what i copied from the Thomson medical centre website as i will most likely be delivering there. Hope its of use to you. I have read online that it is advised to bring some of your favourite snacks along in case you get hungry during the early stage of labour. :)
"What to Bring For Your Stay
For maternity patients, please bring along your:
personal nightgowns (front-open types for easier breastfeeding)
maternity brassieres
cardigan or dressing gown
bedroom slippers
sanitary belt (optional)
sanitary towels (optional)
polythene bags (for your soiled linen)
Note: It is advisable to have a bag ready with these necessary items packed 2 to 4 weeks befoe estimated delivery date.

We will provide the following for your newborn baby:
baby vests
disposable diapers
toiletries
a baby bag
wrapping blanket
a pair of mittens
Basic toiletries throughout your stay with us will be provided. However, you may also like to bring along your personal clothing, cosmetics and toiletries for a more comfortable stay. You are advised against bringing large sums of cash or valuables."

Yasumi

hi yasumi

this is my #2. i will get the breast pump maybe in march, my due is on 2nd apr. will be buying preloved pump since i will not be using for long. intend to get freeystyle medela as it has massage and pumping function. so i no need to massage prior to pumping. :)
Hi iceydragon81,

i am due on 2nd April too!!!! Where will you be delivering? Who knows we might just run into each other. Lol!

I am getting next month too. But I have decided to get a manual pump first, most likely Philips Avent brand as i worry i won't have much milk/baby rejects breast milk. And also, after asking around, i found out that manual pump can pump out more milk at any one time as compared to electric. Anyway we will be with baby most of the time after giving birth so don't think will need the pump so often. Will consider whether to get the electric one later on.

7 more weeks to go for both of us!!! Can't wait!! You going for natural or c-sect?

Yasumi

Is everyone seeing the gynae bi-weekly now? My gynae scheduled me to see him every 3 weeks from 28 weeks onwards. During my last visit, he mentioned to expect to deliver one or two weeks before my EDD. I am thinking thats the norm right? Around 38-39 weeks. Gynae should be able to advise a clearer date based on baby weight and position closer to EDD right?

Autumnfall, i forgot to mention, need to bring marriage certificate to hospital as well for registration of baby's birth certificate. :)

To all MTBs, Have any of you heard of/ tried placenta encapsulation? A friend suggested this to me yesterday because I suffer from poor complexion and horrible acne outbreaks all over since conceiving. It is believed that consuming own's placenta promotes faster recovery of uterus to pre-pregnancy state, improves in complexion of skin, increases milk supply, balances hormones, increases energy levels etc. I am so freaked out by the entire idea about consuming something from my own body. But then the benefits seem so tempting! Thus unable to decide. Appreciate if anyone can share their experience on this!!

Hi mummies, how time flies, seems like only yesterday that I first logged in to share my joy of pregnancy and now we are all in our 3rd trimester already! Lol really enjoye receiving so many tips from mummies here...

Anyway yasumi, I shudder at the tot of consuming the placenta but I think u can get more advice from chinese physician and local prc... I have some prc frenz who do that but if u decide to consume it, remember to clean it thoroughly...

Oh btw... I went to this shop opposite the bugis guanyin temple where they sell infant clothes at super cheap prices... designs are very bare and simple but its really cheap... oh rem to bring all medical receipts to claim the $450 from medisave...

Have to get down to decorating baby room soon... cant wait to start as hubby and I went to buy wall decals via ebay for the nursery room... lol

alag

Hi autumn fall,

What is the claiming of $450 from medisave?

I am 9 weeks away from my EDD but am looking like I will pop next week. All my customers don't exactly make me feel better about my whaling size. Haha.

Oh anyone knows here knows about dual citizenship for the baby at birth?

Hi it is to claim for the gynae fees during the scheduled appointments before labor, and we can claim up to $450...

There will be a baby fair on 22feb, im making a trip down for some las min shopping lol...

Yasumi

Hi autumn fall, yes I feel scared too. :07: Apparently there are people who provide such service now.Ie collecting the placenta at the hospital right after birth and helping to clean and process them into capsules then deliver back to you at a fee. Will continue to ask around and give it more consideration first.

About the $450, do you mean the scheduled routine gynae appointments? But mine is actually a package. So we can bring this receipt and submit for claim at the hospital after giving birth ?

And alaq, I understand how you feel. I feel discomfort even while sitting up now due to the big bump. How much weight have you put on so far ? I've put on 12kg to date. Have never been this huge before. Was underweight prior to pregnancy. Feels sad occasionally but when baby kicks, it's all worthwhile. Jia you !!

About dual citizenship, my baby will be holding dual citizenships too. I am not so sure about the procedures yet. Will probably call up ICA to ask soon. I had assume that we just have to register for birth at both the hospital and also the embassy then apply for the respective passports? Then get baby to renounce one nationality before the age of 22?
Are you having boy or girl? From my understanding, if you having a boy and more inclined on having baby take up the other country's nationality, it will be more tricky if you don't intend to have him serve NS in future. He must serve NS if he did not renounce sg citizenship before the age of 11. And if he were to skip NS, he will be arrested upon arrival in sg. Do share with me if you have more info on the dual citizenship issue ok? Thanks in advance !! :eek:

hi yasumi, I m delivering at gleneagles. Going for natural as 1st was natural so hope this 1 also can go natural. Cheaper too. Ya for #1 I tried avent manual pump n it was very tiring n being single pump, I tends to have milk spraying already from the other breast as I pump. So this time getting dual pump. Hope I will have as much milk too. Haaa.. Ya very fast to popping. Getting worried even though its #2 already. Don't know when will pop/ will pop earlier? Will pop daytime or night time n who cares for my son when I Go hospital as my son is very attached to me n hubby.. Blah blah..then end of the day I tell myself to let natural takes its course.

Yesyes jus bring along the receipt to claim but maximum claim is $450.. I read somewhere that the consumption of placenta might have adverse effects on complexion if its not clean... so must make sure u find someone trustworthy to do it for u... anyway anyone heard of cheong choon at chinatown? I just went and bought all the necessary items for baby lol... there are so many to buy and we finally got to really understand what we are buying and what we need after some explanation from the very helpful salesperson. .. lol do go n take a look if u guys are free...

Yasumi

Iceydragon81, how come milk will spray from the other breast ? Leaking?

For me, my hubby working overseas now. I worry he wouldn't be able to make it back on time when I deliver. Really want him to be the first to carry our baby since its our #1. Yes, just let nature take its own course. :) im sure things will work out. We must stay relaxed in order to give birth to a happy baby.

Autumnfall, what kind of items did u buy from that shop ? Baby toiletries ?

Are you all getting formula milk powder in advance ? Which brand are you all getting ?

Yasumi

And yes autumn fall, I heard about it too. Some says the placenta acts like a liver for the baby so may contain many toxins too. Then consumption may cause my acne to worsen. Will check with my gynae on this. But will most likely drop the idea.

Nevertheless, appreciate your opinion on this issue. Many thanks ! :))

No prob, jus be careful cuz we r breastfeeding and if the placenta is not handled properly, its might do more ills than good...

I bought breastpads, bathtub, baby wash, baby detergent, maternity pads, disposable cotton panties, milk bottles, bottle cleaner, towel, baby cot bedsheets, nipple cream, baby rash cream, non slip mat, wet wipes, washable diaper wrapper, baby powder, pee pad... etc lol a lot alot of items... I kept the receipts, anyone wana knw the price can ask me lol... they also sell baby cap which I bought so that baby can wear it in the nursery room and easier for us to identify them lol...

They also sell cots, playpens, strollers, baby car seats, playmat...etc actually they sell everything u need so just take a look when u all can... quite a gd bargain actually... I intend to buy my breast pump there after I gave birth. ..

Oh and I also bought the chinese herbal thingie for bathing there, one for 1.50... and a dry shampoo .. the auntie oso taught me how to use it... so paiseh... end up have to ask the auntie what else do we need cuz we have no idea what to buy but she was very helpful and informative hehe

mapleleaves80

Hi autumnfall, where in Chinatown is the shop u're talking about? I hvnt got some stuffs like baby bath tub etc so wanna go one shop buy for last min things.. Do kindly share thx! :)

Its at blk 34 upper cross street #03-132... do make a trip there, the auntie will share a lot of useful tips and help answer ur queries... lol for example I didnt even knw what a nipple shield is until she told me lol... the store is called cheong choon baby store. .. u can do an online search...
Quite useful... u get all that u need...

Maybe compare prices here n there... I think their prices quite competitive though...