EDD Feb 2012

Athes

any mummies experiencing weight gain? how's your progress?
i went to my gynae's on monday and found I only gained 1 kg in this 1 month! I'm 50kg now which is a normal weight for my size.
i'm now almost 18 weeks, but my gynae says the growth is normal so not to worry!
Haha.. I am 17Wk 4D.. I gained also about a kg too.. Think this is normal bah, coz I did a search online, saw some gals din gain weight at all, and the tummy also never shown. So.. As long the gynae scan shown baby is growing, then should be fine. But continue taking healthy food.

Athes

Hi Keke, my EDD is 1st week of Feb, but i still can't see the gender of my bb when i went for monthly check up at my gynae's on Monday. hopefully i will know when i go for my 20 week scan at NUH at month end..

you can get girly things now! yay!
My EDD is also first week of Feb.. Haha! So excited! My fren asked me to hold on till 14th Feb, the Valentine. Ha!! I am so eager to find out my BB gender too.. But was too shy to ask my gynae during the previous routine scan. Btw, we can only see the gender during the detail scan? Or the normal scan can also tell? I did my First Trimester scan in W13, the next detail scan should be in W20, the Mid Trimester scan.

Arrhh.. How I wish the day could come faster.. Haha!

Athes

if baby is in a good position it could be confirmed , however due to luck too .. if just nice the baby is in the position for doctor to scan den bingo.. lol ..
Haha.. My BB bpm is 167.. Haha! I am so keen to find out the gender too.. Though both gal and boy are okie.. I think I juz wanna know it so I can start filling up the cupboard bah! Haha..

Athes

Congrats !

yup , i think alot of people are very pantang about this but did u ask gynae what was the cause of ur miscarriage of it?

if baby is a boy and you are lucky , u might be able to see the gender by 12 weeks .. =)

Nope.. The gynae did not spell out the reason, only telling me for miscarriage, 50% is because the foestus din grow well and 50%, the reason is unknown. I also never tot of requesting the gynae to hv a thorough check on the foestus after the D&C operation. Hmm..

But my gynae paid special attention to me during my current pregnancy, I was required to go for the checkup once every two weeks to ensure the baby is growing well. I was so stressed when I was approaching the period (10weeks) which the miscarriage happened last time. But now I have proceeding to second trimester and things are going well.. I hope this will goes on smoothly till I see my baby.

muaji

i went to my gynae's on monday and found I only gained 1 kg in this 1 month! I'm 50kg now which is a normal weight for my size.
i'm now almost 18 weeks, but my gynae says the growth is normal so not to worry!
Hi Jean, I only gained 1.4kg till now.... Gynae also said bb'sa growth is normal.... But I still dun have much appetite... @_@..... Btw, mine is a BB boy....... Do let us know when u know abt ur BB gender ya.... =)

Muaji

xiaodaisy

Nope.. The gynae did not spell out the reason, only telling me for miscarriage, 50% is because the foestus did not grow well and 50%, the reason is unknown. I also never thought of requesting the gynae to have a thorough check on the foestus after the D&C operation. Hmm..

But my gynae paid special attention to me during my current pregnancy, I was required to go for the checkup once every two weeks to ensure the baby is growing well. I was so stressed when I was approaching the period (10weeks) which the miscarriage happened last time. But now I have proceeding to second trimester and things are going well.. I hope this will goes on smoothly till I see my baby.
i got to know my baby gender at 13wks , expecting a baby girl now =)

i had a miscarriage 1mth before i pregnant with current baby and gynae also paid extra care for me but he told me everything is well .. baby is growing well and healthy

so i guess its my own careless for being miscarriage at 20wks =x

i tink once reach 2nd trim is rather safe so good luck ! =) just remember to rest well ! =D

for the hospital room booking will be done by gynae after u take up the gynae's package

i'm going for normal delivery ..

ast0212

15 weeks now and I haven't gained much at all so far. Currently 60kg. I'm hoping not to gain too much with this bub because with my 1st I gained 18kg and it took me 14 months to lose 14kg. I used to be 56kg pre-pregnancies :( I've been breastfeeding all this while and still breastfeeding now...and it did not help me lose weight!! :(

xiaodaisy

15 weeks now and I haven't gained much at all so far. Currently 60kg. I'm hoping not to gain too much with this bub because with my 1st I gained 18kg and it took me 14 months to lose 14kg. I used to be 56kg pre-pregnancies :( I've been breastfeeding all this while and still breastfeeding now...and it did not help me lose weight!! :(
u bf on latch on u pump out?

wyby

It is a nice forum as you will find a lot in common by sharing here:)
I have the same question too! I went to the check up at 4th month and found that my weight only gained 1kg (0.9kg actually). That means the past month I gained only 1 kg. The doctor did not say anything about it. I was so happy at that time because I think the weight is all the baby's and I did not gain weight. That is good, right?
However, when I met a MTB in our neighborhood she said she has gained 4 kg in the 4th month. I was shocked and became to worry about the weight gain issue.
I am thinking that maybe I have been working too hard and have some pressure so that the weight cannot be gained.
But it is said that weight gaining will be greatly increased after 20 weeks. So let's see.:)

Shiawase

I am going for detailed scan at thomson in two weeks' time... will i be able to confirm the gender at 20 weeks' pregnant? can't wait to start getting the baby stuffs... heehee previously when i went for the normal ultrasound scan at 16 weeks, the doc was not able to see the gender as baby's legs were hidden by my pelvic bone... :shyxxx: hopefully this time i will be able to know!! :Dancing_tongue:

clap

Hello ladies and the occasional gentlemen,

What has been prescribed to you so far, I had so many questions for gynae I forgot to ask about when I need to take fish oil more frequently!

Now I have:
Prenatal vits
folic acid
calcium tabs (was told to take this when I don't drink yoghurt/milk that day)
fish oil (was given in 1st tri, but that time gynae said "no need to take so early". Now in 2nd tri, should I start taking daily?)

Thanks mummies!!

Athes

And also, did your gynae give you any creams for the belly?
Belly cream? Are u referring to stretch mark cream? Nope, the gynae never give. But i bought a dozen. I m using Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Massage Lotion for Stretch Mark. I super kiasu and "ai sui", so that's the first thing I bought once I know I m preggy. Haha!! But all the stretch mark creams are kinda ex in Singapore. If u gotta fren who is travelling to US, get them to buy, the price is only one third. If buy from Aus, the price is about half..

Athes

I am going for detailed scan at thomson in two weeks' time... will i be able to confirm the gender at 20 weeks' pregnant? can't wait to start getting the baby stuffs... heehee previously when i went for the normal ultrasound scan at 16 weeks, the doc was not able to see the gender as baby's legs were hidden by my pelvic bone... :shyxxx: hopefully this time i will be able to know!! :Dancing_tongue:
Haha.. Same for me, hoping to find out the gender during the 20th Wk scan. Haha!! By then it should be able to see unless ur baby is not cooperative again. Haha!! Good luck!!

xiaodaisy

yup will be able to cfm the gender by den , some early as to 12wks can be know ..

i knew mine at 14wks for girl at current pregnancy