EDD in July?

raindrop

ya i hear can use credit card to pay 1st than we pay by instalment. my sis have juz done tat kekek
wah..now even baby can pay by instalment.....so if you miss the payments or can't pay up, they will take the baby ar? =þ

Just kidding....

finally the workday is over. had a bad headache but still need to work.

my lst one induce then emerg c-sect cost me abt $6K lei....then since this #2 is straight c-sect, i guess ard $3K
my 2nd kid.. also emerg c-sect... it cost me about 10k b4 medisave deduction... so scare... lucky this time is straight c-sect... so 6K-7K after medisave deduction will be around 3K too

Tiggee

wah..now even baby can pay by instalment.....so if you miss the payments or can't pay up, they will take the baby ar? =þ

Just kidding....

finally the workday is over. had a bad headache but still need to work.
i know private hospital dun let you take the baby unless you already. :( im sooooo afraid not enough money!

raindrop

where am i suppose to find 6 -7k???? O.O
Tiggee, i think the different hospitals put up, on their website, an estimate of the costs of various procedures and room types that they can offer. I know TMC has. You can check out the one you are delivering at.

6-7k is already not very high. I tink my SIL did an emergency c-sect too, and it went up to $10k or something, including the stay.

I intend to buy insurance for my baby immediately after giving birth so that he would be covered if anything happen. I know of baby who had to be hospitalised for respiratory problems and that can be alot of money also.

I know I painted a very grim picture. I suppose we should be prepared for emergencies!

Tiggee

Tiggee, i think the different hospitals put up, on their website, an estimate of the costs of various procedures and room types that they can offer. I know TMC has. You can check out the one you are delivering at.

6-7k is already not very high. I tink my SIL did an emergency c-sect too, and it went up to $10k or something, including the stay.

I intend to buy insurance for my baby immediately after giving birth so that he would be covered if anything happen. I know of baby who had to be hospitalised for respiratory problems and that can be alot of money also.

I know I painted a very grim picture. I suppose we should be prepared for emergencies!
i think i will be going to TMC cos most likely got free upgrade to 2 bedded. i went to check, if normal delivery w/o epi is 4k plus, i dunno is minus medisave already anot.

usagibb

i think i will be going to TMC cos most likely got free upgrade to 2 bedded. i went to check if normal delivery w/o epi is 4k plus, i dunno is minus medisave already anot.
i noe my friend pay abt 2K or less in cash at TMC, natural w/o epidural

raindrop

i think i will be going to TMC cos most likely got free upgrade. i went to check if normal delivery w/o epi is 4k plus, i dunno is minus medisave already anot.
y got free upgrade? haha...sounds like hotel stay! =þ

I'm not very sure but I believe the cost quoted should be before medisave deductions. And I signed up for a package with my gynae and the nurse says I can also claim $400+ from the cost of the package after I deliver. Everything is new to me, so got to check with the experienced mamas.

Tiggee

I'm not very sure but I believe the cost quoted should be before medisave deductions. And I signed up for a package with my gynae and the nurse says I can also claim $400+ from the cost of the package after I deliver. Everything is new to me, so got to check with the experienced mamas.
Cos TMC only got one 4 bedded room, so normally will get free upgrade.

BOYS

:tlaugh:U gals r amazing! Just 1 day and I have 3 pages to read!
I guess I m not as excited as this is #4 plus work and 3 boys are draining my energy flat :embarrassed:
But it's really nice reading what u gals posted. . . Good to feel "young" again with all u young mummies. Enjoy motherhood as the kids grow really fast, my eldest is already 15 and dun really need mummy anymore.

usagibb

E $400 tat e nurse told u is e antenatal package u sign with ur gynae after 2nd trim for ur chkup, u need to bring e receipts with u when u go for delivery n pass to e registration counter, they will help u to submit and claim from medisave, hopey explanation is clear