EDD in July?

uksportgal

Have you ladies went for the fairs? how's the shopping??

Next up coming:
Baby Expo
* Dates: 22 to 24 Apr 2011
* Time: 11a.m. to 9p.m. (22-23Apr), 11a.m. to 8p.m. (24Apr)
* Venue: Singapore Expo Hall 6A

Motherhood Exhibition 2011
* Dates: 2 to 5 June 2011
* Time: 11.00am to 9.00pm
* Venue: Hall 6B Singapore Expo

Tiggee

Didnt buy much. Feel that its a lil too early to buy too much. most prob will chiong the june fair. but for now, just buy those smaller items 1st.

usagibb

Next up coming:
Baby Expo

I havent started buying much, only get a receiving blanket, one set of new rompers and few cutie booties...hehe...next month then will start buying bit by bit bah, cos most of the things i have le, just the small items need to buy and also new bottles and also to get some new tops and bottoms too cos my #1 de quite old liao, i have throw away, never kip for #2 and also getting a beansprout pillow too...hehe

Next up coming:
Baby Expo

me have start buying cos afraid too busy wif work and afraid tummy too big can't walk much keke... but if go out see anything will continue to buy lor hahaha can't really think of wat haven't buy have to see see n look look around keke ^_^

so far the ive bought:
avent sterilizer
avent breast milk storage bottles
avent newborn startup bottle kit
some little toys for baby
hairbands ( cant resist the little cute pink hairbands!:001_302:)
reusable diapers/ diapers cloth
2 packs of new born disposable diapers
2 changing mats

will be getting the baby sling, baby stroller and baby cot soon.

big hole in wallet!:tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

btw, my MIL told me that its not necessary to get the bottle sterilizer as we can use salt to wash the bottles...not sure how true is that..but since all her children are well and healthy now so i guess it shouldn't be a problem.:001_302:

but pls dont come after me if got problem ah.hehehe:tlaugh:

btw, my MIL told me that its not necessary to get the bottle sterilizer as we can use salt to wash the bottles...not sure how true is that..but since all her children are well and healthy now so i guess it shouldn't be a problem.:001_302:

but pls dont come after me if got problem ah.hehehe:tlaugh:
ya me did not but the bottle sterilizer too.. cos my 2 kid i juz use a pot of water, put in the bottle and boil it a while.. keke

icic...anyway, ive already bought it so will use...

sidetrack a bit : so far have you all experience any "irritating" friends making "irritating" comments about your pregnancy?
i just remembered that a few months ago, when i was having dim sum with a friend ... she wants to order chrysanthemum mixed with pu-er tea and I told her that I only wanna drink chrysanthemum tea as I dont think i can drink pu-er tea...

and she passed a remark saying " actually you can drink or eat anything you want when you r pregnant what." I dont know why but im quite pissed off with this remark... she is NOT pregnant and she has not been pregnant b4..and what is wrong with me just trying to be careful..

I went back home n told my hubby and my hubby said " aiya, baby is not hers mah"

In contrast to my other friend, while having dim sum ( again ), my other friend immediately changed the order to something that I can drink and even apologize for not checking with me earlier..hehehe

anyway, im just ranting and wanna see if you all got any stories similar to share?

icic...anyway, ive already bought it so will use...

sidetrack a bit : so far have you all experience any "irritating" friends making "irritating" comments about your pregnancy?
i just remembered that a few months ago, when i was having dim sum with a friend ... she wants to order chrysanthemum mixed with pu-er tea and I told her that I only wanna drink chrysanthemum tea as I dont think i can drink pu-er tea...

and she passed a remark saying " actually you can drink or eat anything you want when you r pregnant what." I dont know why but im quite pissed off with this remark... she is NOT pregnant and she has not been pregnant b4..and what is wrong with me just trying to be careful..

I went back home n told my hubby and my hubby said " aiya, baby is not hers mah"

In contrast to my other friend, while having dim sum ( again ), my other friend immediately changed the order to something that I can drink and even apologize for not checking with me earlier..hehehe

anyway, im just ranting and wanna see if you all got any stories similar to share?
1 of my cousin lor... b4 i go for detail scanning... she saw me at my mum place on CNY.. she know i m try this time to have a girl cos i have 2 boys liao... than she say aiya confirm is boy wan la, see ur face look like boy face... after my scanning.. again she saw me and say i told u is a boy lor... confirm wan la juz like her daughter lor 3 all boys.. i told her not ma.. checking the calendar say i will have a girl if i try this period lor... and juz hope to have a girl lor..hai i know is ok to have boy as long baby is healthy but y she have to talk until like she knw everything hai.. so kns wan....

Tiggee

I bought an avent sterilizer, Is my mum buy for me. Lols. So I got no complains, more convenient anyway. When I bought the sterilizer, they gave 2 short and 1 tall bottles, nappy rash cream and pacifiers. I also bought baby detergent, washing liquid and a changing mat, they gave me some sample size baby body soap and shampoo. Got quite a few stuff I dun need to buy cos my cousin passing to me. I got 2 whole bag of clothes and alot of other stuff. I can't rmb. All at my mum's place.

Btw, do I need to buy a food warmer? I intend to bf and I'm thinking it will be useful.

So far no weird remarks. My friends take extra precaution ard me, and let me eat whatever and whenever I want! :)

uksportgal

hee hee I bought most of the stuff already :p coz price is right.

Bottles sterilizer
Bottle/food warmer
Bottles
Playpen
BB Cot
BB carrier
Car Seat
Stroller
Breast Pump
Baby Monitor
Mammy's bag
hahaha and many clothes and stuff :p still have some little things to buy here and there.

Oh ya as I have already went for the hospital tour the lady show me that actually some hospital have free give like bag/blanket/set of clothes FOC so maybe can save abit also :p

I also agree more convenient and safer to use the sterilizer. And you don't need to use big pot of water and waste gas to boil each time you wanna sterilize.

Tiggee

I need to slowly buy the stuff. All the stuff very expensive! :(
I know that TMC more or less don't need to bring anything for the baby. TMC has already sent me pre-admission form with the booklet.

win11

I need to slowly buy the stuff. All the stuff very expensive! :(
I know that Thomson Medical Center more or less dont't need to bring anything for the baby. Thomson Medical Center has already sent me pre-admission form with the booklet.
Better start buying! I'm into my 27 weeks, bought almost all big items. When to suntec again today but my back n legs r aching like mad after 1 Hr of shopping. Haven even bought anything already feel like gg home . I lost interest in my favourite activities for this pregnancy, majong n shopping...I can feel sharp pain on my spine even when I walk!

Tiggee

Better start buying! I'm into my 27 weeks, bought almost all big items. When to suntec again today but my back n legs r aching like mad after 1 Hr of shopping. Haven even bought anything already feel like gg home . I lost interest in my favourite activities for this pregnancy, majong n shopping...I can feel sharp pain on my spine even when I walk!
The bigger items buying during the last 2 months. I still can mahjong overnight, although abit backache. I still can walk but slower than normal. :)
I only need to buy playpen/cot for bigger items. Stroller I think my relative buying for my baby 1st month. Breast pump I bought it 2nd hand. Den when I confirm I need to pump I will buy a new 1. :)

win11

The bigger items buying during the last 2 months. I still can mahjong overnight, although abit backache. I still can walk but slower than normal. :)
I only need to buy playpen/cot for bigger items. Stroller I think my relative buying for my baby 1st month. Breast pump I bought it 2nd hand. Den when I confirm I need to pump I will buy a new 1. :)
Envy man, still can play overnight! My back is killing me jus after 1 round. It's good that there will b ppl buying for u. Can save up money n save them the trouble to think wat to get for u also.

Tiggee

Envy man, still can play overnight! My back is killing me jus after 1 round. It's good that there will b ppl buying for u. Can save up money n save them the trouble to think wat to get for u also.
Im not working so play MJ to pass time. And cos im not working, im very poor! so my relatives understand and are willing to buy stuff for me! :)