EDD in Sept 2011

ChocoBaby

Since i cant stop durians, i dont eat anything else that's high in sugar. I used to love chocolate & cakes but now I don't. So I just think of it as durians replace my sugar intake. (Just making myself feel less guilty! Lol.) Yah I have to eat more spinach & beans now, I like them better than meat anyway so... Phew! I used to take the folic prenatal pills n I had constipation too. So after I finished my last bottle I switched to multi-vits. Has folic acid, iron, all the main stuff. I still get constipation sometimes, but pure orange or watermelon or prune juice helps alot. Plus I eat lots of wheat bread with lots of the seeds n stuff. Wholemeal! Yes that's what they call it. (U getting forgetful? Cos I am.)
Anyway, weekends around the corner.... So what's everyone doing? I've got to work! :( Day off tomorrow tho n going to window shop for baby cots. Can't wait to start shopping but like most of us I'm still waiting to find out bb's gender. The last time I went shopping, saw some cute bb stuff that only comes in blue or pink. No choice I bought 1 in each color! Hubs came home, saw it n thinks I'm crazy. Lol! Women.... Can't help shopping can we. :)

babybull

nevermind, girls can wear blue too! Although pink on boys is a lil weird... Anyway my girl was super ta boh until she turned 8-9 months, so it didn't matter what we put her in. She wore boy clothes at home (hand-me-downs). And when going out, I try to let her wear girly dresses, but all these aunties ah, carry her for 30min can still ask me whether she's a boy!

I take prune juice, orange juice daily but it isn't helping. =( now all the pregnancy discomforts are hitting one by one.

Qian1984

I ate lots of SUSHI and DURIAN too!! YUMMY!!

:( pple scare baby big.. i scare baby too small :( Already 5 months incoming and i don't have A TUMMY to show!! :(
is it ur first? i heard first child, our tummy not so stretchable, so not much tummy de~ u want bb big ar ? Eat more sweet stuff. durians lah. tow huay lah. i make sure ur bb big. i got sweet tooth, my bb quite big. i oso scared loh.. scully end up hv to c-sect. zzz

Qian1984

Oooo Same as me!! I went to scan last Saturday suppose to be 18 weeks 6 days, but then become 19 weeks 4 days!! I was like D: You so lucky can know the sex already.. My baby so notti, don't let us know.. most probably is girl already since Doc said "cannot see properly" :(
ya loh ya loh.. same.. bb backfaced me, i can only see the white piece of spine. that's all~ zzz..

Carisella

is it ur first? i heard first child, our tummy not so stretchable, so not much tummy de~ u want bb big ar ? Eat more sweet stuff. durians lah. tow huay lah. i make sure ur bb big. i got sweet tooth, my bb quite big. i oso scared loh.. scully end up hv to c-sect. zzz
haha.. i cannot eat too sweet, cos i'm diabetic.. then today go see diabetic doctor, i asked him my current sugar levels what are my % of c-sect, he asked me how far along i am, i said 5 months.. he looked at my tummy and look back at me.. and then asked me to go confirm with gynae how is baby.. (big or small) :(

ya loh ya loh.. same.. bb backfaced me, i can only see the white piece of spine. that's all~ zzz..
Zzzz.. i think baby want to wait for daddy then reveal together.. :( hubby missed 2 appt already but detailed scan he confirm will be with me .. Jin Notti

My baby also small I think, I am plus size person, so scared my baby too big.. but until now its not showing much.. 17 weeks for me…
Then my hubby keep asking baby to kick me… and talk to my tummy but I think still too early to feel much.

Btw do anyone have pantangs? My friend told me I cant use scissors but since I am a freelance florist, I need to use scissors!
They say baby might come out with clip mouth.. make me so scared and worried..
I don’t even dare to go cut hair right now even I am feel so hot!! Help..
Other couple gave me some stuff on wed told me they cannot change bedsheets! My mom is a clean freak and says as long as I am not doing it.. my part time maid is.. sigh.. I feel so conflicted inside….
I know I read a lot that cannot move house furnitures.. but I didn’t know bedsheets also cant… my part time maid had been changing it every week and from scans baby looks fine….. sigh…….

Carisella

My baby also small I think, I am plus size person, so scared my baby too big.. but until now its not showing much.. 17 weeks for me…
Then my hubby keep asking baby to kick me… and talk to my tummy but I think still too early to feel much.

Btw do anyone have pantangs? My friend told me I cant use scissors but since I am a freelance florist, I need to use scissors!
They say baby might come out with clip mouth.. make me so scared and worried..
I don’t even dare to go cut hair right now even I am feel so hot!! Help..
Other couple gave me some stuff on wed told me they cannot change bedsheets! My mom is a clean freak and says as long as I am not doing it.. my part time maid is.. sigh.. I feel so conflicted inside….
I know I read a lot that cannot move house furnitures.. but I didn’t know bedsheets also cant… my part time maid had been changing it every week and from scans baby looks fine….. sigh…….
I'm also a plus size person.. worse still.. when i lie flat down on the bed.. my tummy is still FLAT! omg.. 20 weeks liao.. STILL FLAT!! I don't even feel pregnant at ALL!!
The more you think about these pantangs, the more you'll stress yourself out.. If you're worried, maybe when you need to handle sharp objects, you can rub your belly and tell baby that you're using the scissors, don't come here mummy lo.. the clipped mouth i believe pple is say we accidentally cut the baby's lips.. but sometimes, it's really part of the job.. we can't really say cannot or no..

ChocoBaby

Yah i heard alot of pantangs like that too... But i dont follow if it doesnt make sense. Changing sheets is cleanliness isnt it? So why not? Maybe what they meant is so we dont lift the heavy mattress. Mind u, i had a miscarriage before from carrying heavy objects. So be careful, ask for help if u cant. And no scissors?? Again i think it's just to prevent us ftom accidentally hurting ourselves. Some pregnant women get clumsy. Anyway doctors have never warned us against sciccors... So i guess the actual reason for most of the pantangs is just for us to be careful whatever we do. :)

ChocoBaby

nevermind, girls can wear blue too! Although pink on boys is a lil weird... Anyway my girl was super ta boh until she turned 8-9 months, so it didn't matter what we put her in. She wore boy clothes at home (hand-me-downs). And when going out, I try to let her wear girly dresses, but all these aunties ah, carry her for 30min can still ask me whether she's a boy!

I take prune juice, orange juice daily but it isn't helping. =( now all the pregnancy discomforts are hitting one by one.
Lol... Awww that sounds so cute. Some baby girls look cute tho in boys outfits but no no for boys in dresses!! Lol...
Get some medication for ur constipation, i got a syrup from my doc once. Only take when u cant poop. Im starting to get cramps n backaches already. Soon we'll have fat swollen feet, heavy sore breasts, itchy tummy... Etc. All in the name of baby love!! :))

Carisella

Soon we'll have fat swollen feet, heavy sore breasts, itchy tummy... Etc. All in the name of baby love!! :))
D: Heavy Sore Breast again!? Fat Swollen feet is it every pregnant women will have? as in is it normal to have fat swollen feet or it means something is wrong?

dolphyant

hihi,

can i join in? My EDD is 25th Sept but bb has grown faster by 1 week. Based on LMP, now supposed to be Wk 16+ but based on size of bb, I'm now in WK 17+.

have anyone of you started buying stuff for baby yet? Now researching on breast pumps and so confused. hmmm...

Carisella

hihi,
can i join in? My EDD is 25th Sept but bb has grown faster by 1 week. Based on LMP, now supposed to be Wk 16+ but based on size of bb, I'm now in WK 17+.
have anyone of you started buying stuff for baby yet? Now researching on breast pumps and so confused. hmmm...
Lydia -> EDD 4 Sept 2011 -> Gender unknown -> Thomson Medical Center with Dr AL Lim
Carisella -> EDD 4 Sept 2011 - > Gender unknown - > Mt Alvernia / Thomson Medical Center (not yet decided between this two) with Dr Adrian Woodsworth
qian1984 -> EDD 15 sept 2011 > Gender unknown > Mt Alvernia with Dr C K Tho
Yun -> EDD 20 Sept 2011 -> Gender unknown -> Thomson Medical Center
RabbitMummy -> EDD 20 Sept -> Gender unknown -> Thomson Medical Center
Shannyang -> EDD 23 Sept 2011 -> Prince -> Thomson Medical Center with Dr Lawrence Ang
dolphyant -> EDD 25 Sept 2011 -> Gender Unknown -> Unknown

hehe.. Welcome dolphyant!! I've not bought a single thing at all!! lolz.. My baby also grew faster by 1 week.. suppose to be 19 weeks now become 20 weeks.. http://www.mummysg.com/forums/members/dolphyant/

babybull

D: Heavy Sore Breast again!? Fat Swollen feet is it every pregnant women will have? as in is it normal to have fat swollen feet or it means something is wrong?

Not necessarily.. my feet remained the same size from pre-pregnancy throughout til after I gave birth, no change. Also continued to wear my wedding ring all the way although I did hear of mummies who had to stop wearing rings later on in the pregnancy.

Usually if feet swell its from water retention.

But then I did get stretchmarks on my breasts.... cos was aeroplane runway before, suddenly they started growing so fast, kena stretchmarks. =( I never knew breasts can get stretchmarks too!

babybull

hihi,

hi dolphyant, not sure if this helps, but the breastpumps I bought for my first bb was the medela freestyle. Its quite pricey, but not bad.. used 5-8x daily for 3 months. I bought it at the KK hospital pharmacy on the day I discharged cos the lactation consultant said I had a lot of milk, and needed to pump. Maybe you can wait til after giving birth and buy while in hospital?

ChocoBaby

Lol. Im not sure about other women, but I think for most including myself it gets worse after baby is out n breast start producing more milk. Swollen feet is normal too i think, from the weight of our bodies increasing.

ChocoBaby

Not necessarily.. my feet remained the same size from pre-pregnancy throughout til after I gave birth, no change. Also continued to wear my wedding ring all the way although I did hear of mummies who had to stop wearing rings later on in the pregnancy.

Usually if feet swell its from water retention.

But then I did get stretchmarks on my breasts.... cos was aeroplane runway before, suddenly they started growing so fast, kena stretchmarks. =( I never knew breasts can get stretchmarks too!
Is it from water retention? How to decrease it? I always thought it was from the extra weight i gained.

ChocoBaby

hi dolphyant, not sure if this helps, but the breastpumps I bought for my first bb was the medela freestyle. Its quite pricey, but not bad.. used 5-8x daily for 3 months. I bought it at the KK hospital pharmacy on the day I discharged cos the lactation consultant said I had a lot of milk, and needed to pump. Maybe you can wait til after giving birth and buy while in hospital?
Hello dolphyant! I agree with babybull. I have the medela too n it's worth the $ especially if ure planning on breastfeeding.tried the pigeon brand and another i cant remember, cheaper but not as good. :)

babybull

Is it from water retention? How to decrease it? I always thought it was from the extra weight i gained.
Hmm... that's what I've always heard - that if feet swell during pregnancy, its due to water retention. Maybe the extra weight you gained was water weight? Hands and feet are the most difficult place to gain weight or put on flesh.... usually ppl gain weight around their hips, thighs, the fat storage areas etc.

If i'm not wrong, the water retention and puffiness will usually disappear after delivering baby?