EDD Jan 2014

Missy10

Anyone started fish oil here?? Please do not take that with your milk every morning, it just worsen the MS or nausea feel.... take it with something esle that you prefer, so at least when you burp, is not the oil taste...

illuz

I'll get up at several times at night too to go toilet and i feel it is interrupting my sleep.. Have been having a few pimples on side of forehead.. And having headache for three days including today. Felt that the headache was either because I didn't sleep well or that I'm stressed thinking of some issues.. And during this period, I can't take the stronger medicine for headache that will knock me off.. Hai...
I also keep going toilet at night. As much as 3 times a night. And sometimes it's the urgency but actually not so much liquid. Probably bcos I like to sleep lying on my back so uterus is pressing on the bladder. Do u sleep on your back too?

What I did to reduce the frequency is to stop drinking liquids 2hrs before bed. Most liquids would be cleared by bedtime and I now wake up maybe only once, some lucky days not at all. I also try to sleep more on the sides. I have to get used to side sleeping from now, cos tummy gets bigger in a few months time, don't think we can sleep on back already.

gnissim23

Missy10: nope I nvr take fish oil. I only took multi vit tn dha tt the gynae gave. But I started on bird nest thoigh. Maybe once every 5 days.

I do wake up n pee at night too. I will keep go toilet to clear my bladder b4 slp. I tend to get thirsty always when night time arrives. Sometimes I feel my lower abdomen is pain when I wake up to pee. Maybe bladder too full. Lol. Peeing at night is normal. My fren told me its worse in 3rd trimester. She nvr drink water after dinner n still can wake up 3 or 4 times at night. :/

Missy10

gnissim23:810838 said:
Missy10: nope I nvr take fish oil. I only took multi vit tn dha tt the gynae gave. But I started on bird nest thoigh. Maybe once every 5 days.

I do wake up n pee at night too. I will keep go toilet to clear my bladder b4 slp. I tend to get thirsty always when night time arrives. Sometimes I feel my lower abdomen is pain when I wake up to pee. Maybe bladder too full. Lol. Peeing at night is normal. My fren told me its worse in 3rd trimester. She nvr drink water after dinner n still can wake up 3 or 4 times at night. :/
I do feel the pain while peeing when i woke up only once at night, its bcos bladder to full and press against the uterus bah....

Missy: I take the DHA supplement that i got from GNC, but i take it at night. Thinking about it now, i think there was one time that i threw up because of that.

Illuz: Wow, that's waking up 3 times. I think i will be cranky in the morning if i have to wake up 3 times. Good thing i'm a side sleeper. Though even during night time i make a conscious effort to sleep on my left side. When i notice that I'm on my right side or back side, I will immediately adjust my sleeping position. It's hard though because my sleep is still interrupted if i correct my sleeping position.

babytazz

I also keep going toilet at night. As much as 3 times a night. And sometimes it's the urgency but actually not so much liquid. Probably bcos I like to sleep lying on my back so uterus is pressing on the bladder. Do u sleep on your back too?

What I did to reduce the frequency is to stop drinking liquids 2hrs before bed. Most liquids would be cleared by bedtime and I now wake up maybe only once, some lucky days not at all. I also try to sleep more on the sides. I have to get used to side sleeping from now, cos tummy gets bigger in a few months time, don't think we can sleep on back already.
I sleep mixed positions, on back and on sides. Sometimes it is urgency too and not the amount. Will try drinking less. Sleeping on back not isn't that comfy..

babytazz

I'm taking fish oil too. I try taking that before I take the prenat vit and calcium so that even if I burp, the fish oil smell won't be that bad. Own conclusion that it was swallowed first and the others later so burping will have the later med's smell if any. Hehe...

illuz

I take all my vitamins at night after dinner. I'm quite pleased with the fish oil my dr prescribed me. It has no fishy smell at all even with burping. It has a pleasant lemonly smell. It's called Dhaxtra softgel

Lush

waking up in the middle of the night is like a routine for me now. I will wake up at around 330/4AM just to pee. Sometimes i think of holding my pee but i know it's bad plus i really can't sleep if i try to hold it. It's sad because i really want an uninterrupted sleep. This is regardless whether or not i drank a lot during the night. :(
ya , i agree with the peeing part, during earlier part i still could hold in till i wake up in the daytime, now around 5 or 6am in the morning i got to relieve myself if not i will feel a dull ache on my abdomen. Worst is i get thirsty all the time.

Lush

I take all my vitamins at night after dinner. I'm quite pleased with the fish oil my dr prescribed me. It has no fishy smell at all even with burping. It has a pleasant lemonly smell. It's called Dhaxtra softgel
I agree with you. i love the lemony smell.

Lush

Hi, I am new to this thread. My EDD is 22nd Jan and I have a 2-year-old girl. My gynae is also Dr Ben Tham. Had gone for my Oscars on last last Saturday and got a call from the clinic on the following Monday assuring me that the baby is low risk. So far, had a bit of MS, was worse the last time round. My MS seems to be still around occasionally. What bothers me more is the pimples outbreak. This is rather different from my previous pregnancy whereby I was very radiant and my skin was better than previously. Bump-wise, I can no longer fit into my pants. Bump is growing at a faster speed than previously. I m using Elancyl anti-stretchmark cream. Somehow I thought I can feel the movements, but my gynae said it's too early. Maybe it's the air in my tummy.
Hi! I told my gynae that too and he laugh it off by saying it should be my gastric acting up or my bloaty tummy making noise :( i was 14 weeks plus when i told him that too. Congrats on your 2nd bundle of joy!

ya , i agree with the peeing part, during earlier part i still could hold in till i wake up in the daytime, now around 5 or 6am in the morning i got to relieve myself if not i will feel a dull ache on my abdomen. Worst is i get thirsty all the time.
hahaha...i have the same feeling. I'm always thirsty. My htb will tell me not to finish my water too fast so i don't get bloated, but i told him there's nothing i can do. Even if i just drank water, i still feel thirsty, i will keep on drinking, but of course the result will be constant peeing.

Lush

by the way mummies, any one of you tried maternity milk yet? my gynae's clinic did give me a few samples for me to try but heard some mummies from other forums telling me the taste was really bad. Want to hear more feedback before i start trying to drink one glass. Now I'm always drinking HL chocolate milk, im wondering is the nutrients good enough? If it is then i probably will skip the maternity milk.

by the way mummies, any one of you tried maternity milk yet? my gynae's clinic did give me a few samples for me to try but heard some mummies from other forums telling me the taste was really bad. Want to hear more feedback before i start trying to drink one glass. Now I'm always drinking HL chocolate milk, im wondering is the nutrients good enough? If it is then i probably will skip the maternity milk.
I'm still drinking the samples. My gynae gave me a box of enfamom i think. I forgot which one i have. But I have a very bad reaction to powdered milk, so I always mix it with milo. I don't drink it constantly, since i have DHA supplement, calcium supplement and Folic acid supplement. My HTB is afraid that i might be drinking too much of this stuff. But i do drink it most of the time during breakfast. As for the HL choco milk, what i discovered during checking of nutrients is that with the per serving amount, Milo 3-in-1 has higher calcium content. The same thing goes for the breakfast cereal drinks.

babytazz

I have some milk samples too but my body or mind is refusing to drink them. Actually up till now I'm still rejecting a lot of stuff.. Including milk. I read somewhere before that it wasn't really necessary to drink the milk if we are on prenatal vitamins. These milk actually makes us put on weight. Maybe can check with gynae if the milk is a need or a want?

Btw, the flavored milk I preferred during my first pregnancy was anmum chocolate flavor. Others all I can't Tahan. :)

Anyone knows what kind of fish is used for slice fish noodles?

jellybean1114

My gynae advised me to take either 500ml milk daily (HL magnolia or maternity milk also can) or take calcium supplement. I guess it is fine to take whatever your body is accepting as long as you have enough calcium intake.