EDD March 2011

Jinny

^I experience that all the time. I don't think it's alarming since it's our body's way to "practice" for the big day. Try to google more information about braxton hicks :)
Alright thanks! As a 1st time mommy, I find those tightening practices are really amuzing and yet disturbing.. lol

kaitokane

Btw, i have some difficulties to sleep ..
whenever i lie down on bed, my chest to my throat will have this hot hot and spicy feeling which leds to nausea, totally feel like vomiting.

:wong16:

Do any mummies experience the same as me? i wonder is it a symtoms of heatburn..

Jinny

Btw, i have some difficulties to sleep ..
whenever i lie down on bed, my chest to my throat will have this hot hot and spicy feeling which leds to nausea, totally feel like vomiting.

:wong16:

Do any mummies experience the same as me? i wonder is it a symtoms of heatburn..
Yup thats heartburn, I also get that sometimes. What u have to do is not lie down immediately after a meal, or just prop more pillows behind ur back for a more incline position then the stomach acid won't reflux.

jespang

Hi mummies, CNY is coming. U gals plan to pamper yourself? Like.. coloring/perm your hair, pedicure and/or manicure etc etc??? I know pregnant women are not encourage to do so, but I already bear with it for last few mths so I thought is time to pamper myself or else I will feel very moody during CNY esp when now my backache is getting worst and I m getting more n more clumsy.

Another 7 more wks or so, I will hv another status - MUMMY! Getting more or more anxious, wonder if my baby will arrive earlier to see this world. First time mummies out there, are u anxious, worry, nervous and scare... like me??:shyxxx:. After attending the antenatal classes, I more worry abt the pain and discomfort AFTER the labour instead of during the labour.

Jinny

Hi mummies, CNY is coming. you gals plan to pamper yourself? Like.. coloring/perm your hair, pedicure and/or manicure etc etc??? I know pregnant women are not encourage to do so, but I already bear with it for last few mths so I thought is time to pamper myself or else I will feel very moody during CNY esp when now my backache is getting worst and I m getting more n more clumsy.

Another 7 more wks or so, I will have another status - MUMMY! Getting more or more anxious, wonder if my baby will arrive earlier to see this world. First time mummies out there, are you anxious, worry, nervous and scare... like me??:shyxxx:. After attending the antenatal classes, I more worry about the pain and discomfort AFTER the labour instead of during the labour.

Absolutely! I'm also super scared and now I also 8 more wks to go, tummy feels more sensitive than ever... Also scared bb will come anytime lol... As for some pampering yourself why not?! I do go for mani and pedi during the pregnancy, cut hair also.. as long don't do it too often it should be fine. But I think its best to avoid chemically treated hair treatments like coloring, rebonding or perming as we never know how much chemical will get absorbed into our body. Or else go for a good prenatal massage and relax :001_302:.

evie

me too... I'm rather nervous as I see my due date drawing nearer... Afraid to give birth while at work... :D
As I awaiting to see my gynae in 4 days time, I am praying very hard that my placenta has moved up and baby is in the head down position...
My gynae actually told me to be mentally prepared for a c section in the event my low-lying placenta remains so... :(

As for manicure and pedicure, I do every 3 weeks or so... and due to my pregnancy, my skin has been getting quite dry so I indulge in spa pedis too...
As for my hair, I think it's safer to wait after I have given birth... though I really miss coloring my hair
and getting hair treatments done...

My backaches are quite bearable... but after a long day at work, standing and walking around quite a bit, my legs n ankles get very very swollen and feels rather painful...

I think what I really miss most pre-pregnancy is being able to daily indulge in an entire tub for ice-cream without putting on weight as well as my morning expressoes ... Now , I wouldnt dare to do so, my weight has been going up like mad! Haha...

Last edited:

kaitokane

Yup thats heartburn, I also get that sometimes. What u have to do is not lie down immediately after a meal, or just prop more pillows behind ur back for a more incline position then the stomach acid won't reflux.
thanks you jinny! <3 i heard that milk helps too.

Hi mummies, CNY is coming. U gals plan to pamper yourself? Like.. coloring/perm your hair, pedicure and/or manicure etc etc??? I know pregnant women are not encourage to do so, but I already bear with it for last few mths so I thought is time to pamper myself or else I will feel very moody during CNY esp when now my backache is getting worst and I m getting more n more clumsy.

Another 7 more wks or so, I will hv another status - MUMMY! Getting more or more anxious, wonder if my baby will arrive earlier to see this world. First time mummies out there, are u anxious, worry, nervous and scare... like me??:shyxxx:. After attending the antenatal classes, I more worry abt the pain and discomfort AFTER the labour instead of during the labour.
Pedicure and medicure, yes! i love to do it, pampering myself. But i think that colouring and perm, best is don't do it at all because of the chemical that goes into your hair den your body, worst is the chemical might affect your baby. Plus most of the saloons wouldn't help to do your hair with colour/perm if you are pregnant.

My hair also like shit, so frizzy, dry and the colour faded off. Got to wait after give birth bahs.

Yes! definitely, i feel nervous, all sorts of feelings and emotions.
Super scare of labour! im afraid of needles!!!!! omg ..
:we2wacko:

jespang

In fact, I have done twice of coloring during my pregnancy. First time was done during my 6th or 7th wks, I didnt know abt the risk, my second time was during my 4th mth, I told my hairdresser abt my pregnancy and she used those products/chemical that are not too strong. But she did tell me not to come anymore until closer to CNY... hehe...

Anyway, did any mummy buy NEW clothes for CNY? Do u think is advisable to buy NEW clothes? Cos shortly after CNY, we are going to due and then the NEW maternity clothes will go to waste. But my hubby said first day of CNY must wear NEW cloth so I trying to shop for those clothes that still can be wear even after giving birth (ie. baby doll dress etc) but now everywhere/shopping malls are packed with people and honestly, nowsday I getting tired and backache very easily.

jespang

Oh... one more thing to check with all mummies out there... I was told by friends to take coconut juice when you are abt 36wks or so.. maybe once or twice per wk, must be young coconut, just drink the juice not to eat the fruit. They said reasons: 1st when the baby is out, his/her complexion will be more smooth and clean, 2nd due to coconut juice is cooling when u having your "period" after the delivery, the blood would not be smelly and clot.

But my mum dun encourage me to do so, her reason is because coconut is too cooling, may cause baby to have asthma or phlegm after when he/she is born.

^why don't you just buy those maternity/nursing wear so you can still wear them even after birth? :)

mummies, anyone here who has booked for a massage lady already? i'm still contemplating whether to avail Noura Sam's services for postnatal massage. I'm currently engaged with her prenatal services. I kinda find $700/10 sessions quite heavy on the pocket specially after hubby attends to my hospital bills. any recommendations? :)

kaitokane

Anyway, did any mummy buy NEW clothes for CNY? Do u think is advisable to buy NEW clothes? Cos shortly after CNY, we are going to due and then the NEW maternity clothes will go to waste. But my hubby said first day of CNY must wear NEW cloth so I trying to shop for those clothes that still can be wear even after giving birth (ie. baby doll dress etc) but now everywhere/shopping malls are packed with people and honestly, nowsday I getting tired and backache very easily.
try going to bugis, they have alot of clothes thats cheap and pretty! somemore preggy still can wear :>
same same, my backache always aching easily. and i feel alot of pressure on my lower tummy, even more difficult to walk too long,.

mummies, anyone here who has booked for a massage lady already? i'm still contemplating whether to avail Noura Sam's services for postnatal massage. I'm currently engaged with her prenatal services. I kinda find $700/10 sessions quite heavy on the pocket specially after hubby attends to my hospital bills. any recommendations? :)
waoo, $700 for 10 session abit too expensive lehs! lols. maybe she's good ..
urmms anyway, i booked my massage lady, introduce by a mummy.
$350 for 10 session. im not sure whether is it good or not, but i will try since it's affordable. but she is not malay, she is a chinese lady.

Jinny

waoo, $700 for 10 session abit too expensive lehs! lols. maybe she's good ..
urmms anyway, i booked my massage lady, introduce by a mummy.
$350 for 10 session. im not sure whether is it good or not, but i will try since it's affordable. but she is not malay, she is a chinese lady.[/QUOTE]

:elvis: $350 for 10 session is really cheap! I just booked mine for $500~ 10 session, but think we can't share the same massage lady as we all giving birth around same timing!

i know quite pricey :p but let's see I hope auntie Noura will lower her rate for me if ever since she asked me to buy her some barongs in the Philippines and these aren't really cheap. Hoping I can see her next week before hubby & I leave for Malaysia for some R&R. Her skills are really good that's why I'm considering her. Maybe she can also give me extras like baby massage, just incase :001_302:

Mummies, Is the bengkung or the wrap also included in your postnatal massage package?

kaitokane

$350 for 10 session is really cheap! I just booked mine for $500~ 10 session, but think we can't share the same massage lady as we all giving birth around same timing!
yeah, cheap! you never know wad, hahahs :D sekali i c-cect, den need wait 2 weeks plus den can massage. choy! LOL

i know quite pricey :p but let's see I hope auntie Noura will lower her rate for me if ever since she asked me to buy her some barongs in the Philippines and these aren't really cheap. Hoping I can see her next week before hubby & I leave for Malaysia for some R&R. Her skills are really good that's why I'm considering her. Maybe she can also give me extras like baby massage, just incase :001_302:

Mummies, Is the bengkung or the wrap also included in your postnatal massage package?
yeahs, i think most prolly they will include the wrap inside the package. you might wanna call up your massage lady and ask her just to be sure.

evie

hi mummies to be

I just went for my 32nd week check-up today. Great news is that my placenta is no longer low-lying and my baby has turned head down, ideal for natural birth! YAY!
And my baby has gained 1 kg over the past 4 weeks, now weighing 2.3kgs :)

how much do ur babies weigh now?

Last edited: