Edd march 2012

katsg

Can I check with you mummies that if bb 1st time taking semi-solid, can we straight away make about half a bowl of cereal for him or add some to the milk and let him taste from the bottle 1st?

Stay

Can I check with you mummies that if bb 1st time taking semi-solid, can we straight away make about half a bowl of cereal for him or add some to the milk and let him taste from the bottle 1st?
Nono... Always start with 1 tbs first then increase gradually. N nvr add in his bottle feed

sherin86

Oh you meant ur gal can finish up milk and then continue to eat a bowl of cereals? That's very filling isn't it? @@
nono.. the cereals was mixed with milk and feed her.. which total add up to 220ml.. LOL.. does any mummies encountering abnormal periods after birth?? my period was used to be ard 6-7 days and the first 2 days were pretty heavy.. but after i deliver, my period only lasted for lk max 4 days and even the first day it is not heavy at all.. i am so worried that i can't give birth anymore.. :(

leesc

Depends on individual baby I think. I feed mine 200-240ml followed by 40ml cereal with 40ml milk. Then he sleeps thru for the next 12 hrs
200-240mls of milk? My girl is on 180mls only. Sufficient? she nvr asked fr more n I yet to feed her cereal daily though.

n mummies, did u feed bb water after they started semi solid?

sherin86

Nono... Always start with 1 tbs first then increase gradually. N nvr add in his bottle feed
why can't cereal add into bottle feed?? oh no.. i think i am doing the wrong things.. i followed the elderly.. normally i will mix the cereals with formula in bottle and feed her..

katsg

So with a tablespoon of cereal to bb's normal milk, after consuming the cereal still must give him the usual amt of milk or make lesser or after 2hrs then give milk?

Stay

200-240mls of milk? My girl is on 180mls only. Sufficient? she nvr asked fr more n I yet to feed her cereal daily though.

As long as ur girl is gaining weight well n not fussing for more milk, I think she is fine. Girls tend to drink lesser anyway.
I started feeding water when I introduced solids.

Stay

So with a tablespoon of cereal to bb's normal milk, after consuming the cereal still must give him the usual amt of milk or make lesser or after 2hrs then give milk?
Yes, add cereal to BB's milk. It should be very watery when u first introduced coz it's for tasting. It's better to give him milk first before cereal coz milk is still the main food for the first year.

katsg

Yes, add cereal to BB's milk. It should be very watery when u first introduced coz it's for tasting. It's better to give him milk first before cereal coz milk is still the main food for the first year.
Haha, just now tried feeding bb a tablespoon of cereal with about 40ml of milk and it's not very watery lei but anyway he manages to swallow all of it. Feed it as a snack in between milk feeds...:)

katsg

I started feeding water when bb turns 6mths old. Now with cereal as an added snack, I will feed him some water after the cereal so he will not get heaty...:)

katsg

One of my fren's bb is starting to reject milk after starting on solids. Does anyone of your bb rejects milk too after introducing solids? A bit worried though cos it will be a big headache if bb refuses to drink milk...

hayashi43

Mummies,

Can I ask how do you boil small quantity of porridge? Do you steam the carrots (or other food) first then put into the porridge or put in and boil together? Any recipe books to recommend?
One of my fren's bb is starting to reject milk after starting on solids. Does anyone of your bb rejects milk too after introducing solids? A bit worried though cos it will be a big headache if bb refuses to drink milk...
my elder twin been drinking slower since we started feeding cereal and porridge, esp e feed after porridge. But my younger twin always cried for more after feeding...we intentionally keep e feeding amt at 150-160ml for every 4 hours...intend to increase abit after monitor for a while longer...

katsg

my elder twin been drinking slower since we started feeding cereal and porridge, esp e feed after porridge. But my younger twin always cried for more after feeding...we intentionally keep e feeding amt at 150-160ml for every 4 hours...intend to increase abit after monitor for a while longer...
Oh I see...think still gotta depend on individual bb...

xiaodaisy

Do you mummies bought a highchair for baby? Wonder if it's useful? :)
didnt get it cos she's sitting well by herself on floor or sofa so i just feed her like that =)

mummies, what are ur fb?? so that we can talk at fb and exchange comments.. :D .. so long nvr login le.. bz taking care of my little girl!
Daisy Tay | Facebook

add me up =)

the purpose of feeding solid is to teach them how to eat fm spon , so better to spoon feed den adding to bottle cos elder ppl sometimes lazy slowly feed so they just add in bottle n feed them .. my mom used to did it when she look after my boys last time lol ..

yes , i will start feed water after starting semi solid but not much still , just a few tea spoon cos i usually latch her after that =)

leesc

As long as ur girl is gaining weight well n not fussing for more milk, I think she is fine. Girls tend to drink lesser anyway.
I started feeding water when I introduced solids.
Yah.. She indeed is gaining weight. ^^

Tml she is turning to 6 mths. These few days I fed her 1 tablespoon rice cereal with 40mls bm. Only can last her fr an hour. After that she will ask fr milk.

Should I replace her milk to full cereal or porridge during her feeding time? N how?

leesc

Yah.. She indeed is gaining weight. ^^

Tml she is turning to 6 mths. These few days I fed her 1 tablespoon rice cereal with 40mls bm. Only can last her fr an hour. After that she will ask fr milk.

Should I replace her milk to full cereal or porridge during her feeding time? N how?
I meant to replace cereal or porridge in one of her feeding. :)