EDD May 2012 Mummies!

climsp

If is hiccups. Then my baby must be drink too much water. He can hiccup more then 4 to 5 times, each abt 3 to 6 poppings!

Hi, you are using disposable diapers? Has ny mum consider to use the all-in-one size cloth diapers? I am looking around for it... it is better for baby skin as less likely to develop rashes and can save cost in long run but has lots of washing work to do..

hi all

ive been stocking up on diapers and milk storage bags. wonder if what i bought so far is enough or should i continue?

i have about 120 bags of milk bags, 1 NB size of diapers, 3 packets of small size diapers, 1 packet of medium size diapers. coincidentally all drypers brand

Smurfete

Yap, my friends oso told me not to buy too much NB diaper...
i've not bog anything yet... Believe it or not... Hubby keep saying still early... Cause he hate shopping.... Haiz...
My hubby also kept saying that later may have nicer and newer models. Too early, too early.... So irritating. Then, I bought when he is not with me. hahahaha

Tannie

Hi, you are using disposable diapers? Has ny mum consider to use the all-in-one size cloth diapers? I am looking around for it... it is better for baby skin as less likely to develop rashes and can save cost in long run but has lots of washing work to do..
Hi clear blue sky, u might wana refer to this link...http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f44/cloth-diapers-18535/

Bum wear seems nice... I almost decided to get it... But after surveying arnd, I think I will still use disposal ones... Duno if I got the strength to wash diaper everyday ... If u got a helper thn will b easier...

Someone is selling brand new Bum wear, u might wana consider....

bleeeee

im planning to use a combination of both :) disposables for night and going out, cloth diapers for when we are at home. since NB poo and pee alot, esp if breastfed!

i bought prefolds from bumwear (their shop at united sq has a promo - 18 prefolds infant size + 2 covers + nappy liner + an all in one diaper + snappis for $99), figured if i give up on them, the investment not so
great so not so painful :p i like moomookow diapers too, they have a very cute cow print! will see how that goes :)

as for washing, i intend to machine wash all, so no big deal. also have confinenemt lady for 1st mth and a domestic helper. i think cost savings is the bigget incentive...

PS. my colleague also advised to use the prefold without any cover (just put baby on a waterproof pad in case of any leaks) so that the butt can breathe too.

bleeeee

My hubby also kept saying that later may have nicer and newer models. Too early, too early.... So irritating. Then, I bought when he is not with me. hahahaha
hehe same here, i either buy when he's not around or just dump it into the cart and get him to carry it for me later :p

anyway it was easier to buy when my bump wasnt so big, easier to manage.

bleeeee

I got AVENT plastic and pigeon bottles glass bottles. BTW, just curious if you got a boy or a girl? Mine is a boy
Wow glass bottles! I'm super clumsy so I got all plastic. The small bottles are so cute :p how are your preps coming along?
I'm expecting a girl! :D

Hi Tannie,

Thanks for sharing the link, it is very useful.

BumWear seems a bit expensive but maybe due to the better quality. According to the link, there is a brand called Babyland which is from China which at a way lower price, it cost less than S$10 for the all in one size diaper + 1 insert (which I just bought from ebay). Will wait for the good to be delivered and see how is the quality. I also get many advise is to buy one piece of a particular brand that you want to try out first become commit to the whole package.

Initially you have limited cloth diaper to try out so might require washing every day but once you have stock up what I heard is you do not need to do the washing everyday. I plan to try out and wash everyday when my baby arrive then if it is good I will stock up so will wash maybe 2-3 days.. hehe.. just dump it in the washing machine..

Hi clear blue sky, u might wana refer to this link...http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f44/cloth-diapers-18535/

Bum wear seems nice... I almost decided to get it... But after surveying arnd, I think I will still use disposal ones... Duno if I got the strength to wash diaper everyday ... If u got a helper thn will b easier...

Someone is selling brand new Bum wear, u might wana consider....

Smurfete

Wow glass bottles! I'm super clumsy so I got all plastic. The small bottles are so cute :p how are your preps coming along?
I'm expecting a girl! :D
Besides bottles, rompers and disposable diapers, I got nothing yet. I have not even toured or booked my hospital room yet. Hope to get some good bargains during the 2 baby fairs

miracle25

Where r the baby fairs held?
hi ramblingmummy,

both fairs are at Expo.. next week's one coincide with NATAS fair, sure crowded and difficult to find parking and food, 'dangerous' for us preggies to squeeze thru the crowd... so I'll be going tis week too...

difference is one is organised by Mediacorp and the other is by event company; but I guess some of the participating vendors are almost similar bah..

Hi Bleeee,

I also intend to use both, same practice as yours. But I didn't buy any prefold yet but maybe will but some muslin square during the coming baby expo. I think mainly I will go straight for those all in one size pocket diaper and I have already ordered 2 pieces of BabyLand from ebay. Some review said it is good and some said it is no good but intend to try out first as it's doesn't cost mush, less than S$10 for a diaper + 1 insert. So in tend to try in a small quantity before commit to a whole lot of this brand of cloth diaper.

Ya.. ya.. my mum also suggest to use cloth diaper in the first month, firstly it is good for baby skin and secondly there is a confinement nanny help to wash.. heheh.. and can save cost. a piece of disposable diaper already cost around $0.30 and heard need to change about 10 pieces a day from 0-3 months so for the 3 months already cost about $270.

I read from a link that never use baby detergent for the bumwear but not sure whether it is applicable for all others cloths diaper.. what detergent you intend to use for the laundry?

im planning to use a combination of both :) disposables for night and going out, cloth diapers for when we are at home. since NB poo and pee alot, esp if breastfed!

i bought prefolds from bumwear (their shop at united sq has a promo - 18 prefolds infant size + 2 covers + nappy liner + an all in one diaper + snappis for $99), figured if i give up on them, the investment not so
great so not so painful :p i like moomookow diapers too, they have a very cute cow print! will see how that goes :)

as for washing, i intend to machine wash all, so no big deal. also have confinenemt lady for 1st mth and a domestic helper. i think cost savings is the bigget incentive...

PS. my colleague also advised to use the prefold without any cover (just put baby on a waterproof pad in case of any leaks) so that the butt can breathe too.