EDD Nov 2012 mummies here

teriwinkle

Lol, I'm not heading down today too. Probably on Friday when I have the whole day to shop after visitng my gynae. Let us know how the fair goes. :D

if anyone is up for catching lunch after/before checking out the fair today.... come to me! think i will be going 11ish
i will be wearing a zebra print black n white scarf... no red nose :)

I went to fair!! It was very busy during lunchtime.Some good deals - avent and medela seem to be having good promos. Lotsa strollers too but I haven't been researching so dunno if they are cheap. Many clothing items from $10 for 3 to $12+ per piece... Cheap but quality and practicality so so only. I thought the towel n blankets were fairly good buy - $10 for decent quality.Looks like there were some nice baby cots too for 300+Fisher price is usual price. Some cloth books and educational toys at 20-30% off. Good bargains with toilet seats n bath tubs (seems like half price some)I am getting the Tiny love gymmat for $109 and a babycook food processor! Oh no, gonna spend so much..

nature59

I went to fair!! It was very busy during lunchtime.Some good deals - avent and medela seem to be having good promos. Lotsa strollers too but I haven't been researching so dunno if they are cheap. Many clothing items from $10 for 3 to $12+ per piece... Cheap but quality and practicality so so only. I thought the towel n blankets were fairly good buy - $10 for decent quality.Looks like there were some nice baby cots too for 300+Fisher price is usual price. Some cloth books and educational toys at 20-30% off. Good bargains with toilet seats n bath tubs (seems like half price some)I am getting the Tiny love gymmat for $109 and a babycook food processor! Oh no, gonna spend so much..
Thanks you for the detailed update babyeskimo, I am gonna get bathtub and maybe towels and blankets? Heh i will head over next tuesday after my gynae apptmt!

teriwinkle

2 Nov: Chaw – Boy
3 Nov: Ladynana - Boy
3 Nov: Teriwinkle – Girl
7 Nov: Shanney – Girl
10 Nov: Nature – Boy
11 Nov: Babyeskimo – Boy
15 Nov: Apricotgem -
16 Nov: Lynnmun – Girl
17 Nov: Jesamine – Girl
20 Nov: Joasiss – Boy
22 Nov: Katherine - Boy
27 Nov: Ibie – Girl
2 Dec: Allele – Girl

Waiting for the rest of the mummies to get back to this thread. :)
Ryuichi - Boy
D0lphinz - Girl (Tentative)
MummyValerie - Boy
Gracelkw - Boy

Apricotgem, is yours boy or girl?

Ladynana, we have the same edd!

teriwinkle

Wow, I can't wait to head down now!

babyeskimo:672138 said:

Baby eskimo, u r fast!!

Btw one of our friends recommend the Philips processor. It's a 2-in-1, steamer and processor in same machine so save time n effort.

I'm going to the fair maybe tomorrow ;)

teriwinkle

So are the cloth books considered cheaper now after the discount than shipping from US?

Hi mummies, has anyone started playing classical music to your babies yet?

Last edited:
:embarrassed: phai sehh....
Katherine57, i read about Philiips food processor (after i bot the baby cook haha! that was kinda an impulse buy) it seems both food processors don't have a big capacity and are designed more for mothers that prefer to make fresh food more constantly. it makes more than one feed, but if you plan to make a big batch and few types of food all at once and freeze for weeks then maybe you are better off using a conventional steamer and blender. However, it will be useful if you want to bring it along traveling!

nature59, i don't think there are further discounts for members but no harm asking... i didn't ask

teriwinkle, i don't know if they are cheaper cos the books i saw at fair were unfamiliar to me. they had small (palm sized?) cloth books for $8, and bigger (like lamaze sized ones) for $12+ ... but u can get cloth books from fishpond.sg for $6-12 also - but can't see the content/story

i try to read for 5 mins n then play the same song after everyday buy rather lazy lately heeehee i read somewhere if we do it now, trying to do that as a bedtime routine (with the same song) might work when they r born...

I was playing piano music for a few weeks then these few days, started playing lullaby. Last night I forgot so I sang n hum instead. Been trying to play music at same time every night but sometimes I m late like 15 min

Anyone had good recommendation for sterilizer? Still not too sure which brand to buy. Only know that I'm not going for the microwave type..

Hi Apricotgem, we bought Avent because friends are mostly using that and said can sterilize other brands of bottles apart from Avent.

teriwinkle

Haha! I play piano spa music in my car so the timing is not fixed. Plus I teach piano to my students and my baby will respond to their playing at times. I guess that is sufficient enough for 胎教。:rolleyes:

Katherine57:672310 said:
I was playing piano music for a few weeks then these few days, started playing lullaby. Last night I forgot so I sang n hum instead. Been trying to play music at same time every night but sometimes I m late like 15 min

teriwinkle

2 Nov: Chaw – Boy
3 Nov: Ladynana - Boy
3 Nov: Teriwinkle – Girl
7 Nov: Shanney – Girl
10 Nov: Nature – Boy
11 Nov: Babyeskimo – Boy
15 Nov: Apricotgem - Girl
16 Nov: Lynnmun – Girl
17 Nov: Jesamine – Girl
20 Nov: Joasiss – Boy
22 Nov: Katherine - Boy
27 Nov: Ibie – Girl
2 Dec: Allele – Girl

Waiting for the rest of the mummies to get back to this thread. :)
Ryuichi - Boy
D0lphinz - Girl (Tentative)
MummyValerie - Boy
Gracelkw - Boy

joasiss

Anyone had good recommendation for sterilizer? Still not too sure which brand to buy. Only know that I'm not going for the microwave type..
I'm also undecided on the brand.. read that pigeon one is bigger so can put more bottles and pump parts at once. Avent more limited but looks better.