EDD Nov 2013

yuzudinga

rav3nears, i tried without epi for my no 1 but when i was 7cm dilated, i couldnt take the pain n asked to be given epi.. i kind of regretted it as when its time for me to push, i couldnt feel where to push. so i hope this time round i can persevere all the way without epi. :p

Aixin Mummies Confinement & Wellness Sanctuary
Our 28 days' stay-in confinement package includes personal one to one confinement nanny service for mummy and baby, delicious and nutritious confinement meal tailored according to the different stages of recovery during confinement (3 main + 3 side meals), herbal bath for mummy, infant bath and massage, free diapers and toiletries for mother and baby etc.
Other services we provide are pre/post/aqua yoga, belly binding, post natal detoxification massages, breast feeding guidance etc.

https://www.facebook.com/aixin.mummies

bijinoo

Any ladies here tot of their birth plans already? Natural w/o epi, w/ epi, elective c-sect?

Maybe experienced mummies can share? Though pain is what we all are prepared to face and have to endure, there is a certain level of fear at the back of my mind. :x

Hi rav3naers,
I delivered my 1st 1 with c-sect. So, this time i also plan for c-sect as my gynae said i not suit for natural birth.
As my 1st 1 after my waterbag burst & do the drip induce for few hours, i still no any contraction pain and dilate only for 1cm. So in the end, my gynae suggested me opt for c-sect.
I am very happy that i opt for c-sect. As my wound pain is bearable & i can come down to walk on 2nd day in hospital. 3rd day i was back home already.

happysoul

@Lishan and rav3naers - thanks for your feedback on the tailbone pain..since few days I am not feeling that intense pain so I understand now that it is not regular sprain or something..it's just my baby is growing bigger :)

@rav3naers - my OB gyn does ultrasound scan each time I visit her..looking forward to my next appointment this weekend so that I can see my baby :)
I am planning to have a complete natural drug free delivery.i am looking forward to the pain as I want to experience it..hope all goes well as planned..:)

rav3naers

Happysoul: I am hoping to go without epi but well...keeping my options open since no way to gauge my pain tolerance...haha...hope that we can perservere...mum's telling me that its bearable @..@!? But besties opt for epi straight away.

rav3naers

Thank you for sharing bijinoo. Every pregnancy is different I guess. We all hope for the best and most imptly bb is safely delivered :) trust our gynaes

happysoul

@rav3naers - I generally have high tolerance for pain and also I am training myself watching pregnancy shows on Discovery Home and Health so that I know how the natural delivery happens.the shows are quite informative as they show live delivery both natural and csection depending on the circumstances of the mother.I am praying that my baby should cooperate..:) lets see, long wait to go..
Are you planning to check the gender or you Checked already? I want to know the gender but my hubby wants it to be a big surprise so as of now I cannot check :(

Last edited:

rav3naers

Happysoul: My gynae scheduled my detailed + gender scan together on 22nd week. Not in a rush. Gender doesnt matter to me coz its not as if we can pick and choose also right? Hee. One of my bestie's pain tolerance is very high too but ended up with epi. From what i read online, some feel it more as intense pressure instead of pain. Read that keeping calm and meditation will help. Info overloading myself, trying not to scare myself too much :x

happysoul

@rav3naers - detailed scan means? I thought that the Oscar one is the detailed one and after that would be the normal ones..

I read all information to prepare myself..:) i am also ok with any gender as long as it is safe and healthy..but I believe that the main decision about how long the labour would be will be depending upon the baby position..so I am requesting my baby to cooperate so that I can bring him/her to the world naturally..:)

Talking about being calm and meditation, I am planning to join prenatal yoga classes once my gyn gives the green signal..I guess it should help with staying calm through proper breathing and also strengthening the pelvic muscles and back too..

rav3naers

Happysoul: Gynae told me the detailed scan at 22 weeks is to check for any physical abnormalities. Oscar they scan the neck for fluid only :)

Where will u be attending the prenatal yoga? I cant find any at west side...very tiring to travel now. :/

ahber

I will be going to my detailed scan in two weeks time.. Can't wait.. Hopefully I will know what is my bb's gender by then.... Dan mummy can start shopping..

happysoul

@rav3naers - thanks for the info regarding the detailed scan. I will also check regarding it during my next check up..
Oscar I remember was about the nose bone length, the fluid at neck and analysis of the spinal cord too..

As for yoga, I have checked websites of omsantih and few others..depending on the frequency that my gyn advises I will accordingly check further..

Thelay

Wow.. happysoul and ravnaers .. u guys so brave.. I m thinking between csec and natural with epi. My pain tolerance low. I dont want to feel any pain..lol... I also interested in yoga but I m lazy to go so far.. I m joining aqua aerobics after my gynae confirm

rav3naers

Ahber: Do share after ur scan k? Hee...my next appt is also in 2 weeks. Not too sure gynae will be kind enough to check gender or too early at 16 weeks? Ah boy or ah girl, I got alot of 2nd bb clothes that I can get from frds & relatives since first few mths will grow out of them real quick. :) looking forward to getting some cute clothes for cny though.

rav3naers

Thelay: ermmm...dun think I am brave. Just weighing the possible side effects of epi plus if kena unskilled dr who do the insertion to the spine. Anyway everything boils down to the delivery day itself. :x keep options open, for sure no csect if there is no complications though.

ahber

Rav3naers: sure! I m excited but my hubby seems to be like normal.. Cos he say he is fine with either.. Hopefully baby will cooperate..

rav3naers

Ahber: My hubby also very unexcited. bleahz...he seldom get worked up over things, his motto is whatever that may be, will be. I am the gan chiong type. hahaha... it does gives us ladies a valid reason to go shopping! Must control... >..<

happysoul

Ahh discussion about husbands!!! :D

Talking about my case, my hubby is excited about the baby but I don't think he is much worried about how the delivery will take place coz he is not much aware about how things may go, just have the basic knowledge..also he is super scared when I show him natural delivery videos..he never sees them completely..I am not sure if he can be there to see it all during the final moment, the last thing I want to see is him fainting..:) talking about supporting a wife in labor..:)

He is the kind who sees the baby during the scan and not talk anything to me nor the doc during the checkup.he will just smile and listen..

He doesnt want to check the gender and want to get a big surprise..I asked him last weekend what does his intuition say girl or boy?? He said cant say with a blank face..I said that's so boring, nor you want to check the gender nor want to guess..:(

rav3naers

Happysoul: hahaha...the man will not feel like a father until he actually held the child in his arms. They can't feel the stretching, itchy, kicking and waddling plus excess weight. Plus our bump isnt that obvious yet, they r probably still in denial? Hurhur :p we r entitled to be crazies during our pregnancy, its good thing that our hubbies are calm & collected, no? :)

happysoul

@rav3naers - I am the very to the moment getting excited kind of person and my hubby seems opposite as of now..:)
My tummy has started to become much tight and getting bump shape so started to show little already..:) my hubby surely would massage the bump as if doing to the baby and trying to talk to it..he sometimes cannot even do that :) I am like c'mon talk, just talk :) and he will just blush..:)