EDD Oct 2013

sorry to hear that babe... dont feel disheartened or annoyed now. just seek a second opinion first. hugs. i did my detailed scan at TMC, perhaps you can try there? the thing is, its quite crowded and usually have to book quite early in advanced. i did the booking through my gynae clinic. im with Eunice Chua at TLC. her clinic is in TMC itself. perhaps u can give the clinic a call and explain the situation to them?
Can i have her details and how are the charges?

TVH

okok thou shalt not read too much!

I'm going for my FA scan tmr too...kinda stressed about it....i hope everything goes well...every scan is nerve-wrecking

shuangyh

Can i have her details and how are the charges?
Dr Eunice Chua
TLC Gynaecology Practice
339 Thomson Road #03-02
Thomson Medical Centre
Singapore 307677

Tel: 6254 2878
Fax: 6254 6233

Operating Hours:
Mondays to Fridays - 9.00am to 12.30pm, 2.00pm to 4:30pm
Saturdays - 8.30am to 12.30pm
Closed on Sundays & Public Holidays

her first time charges are $120 if i remember correctly... if u have any questions, just ask her. best is to make an appt and go down for a consultation. her nurses shld be able to slot u in for another detailed scan at TMC.

spyvonne

Uh oh. Seems like I am doing too much exercises... Hmm. Maybe I will cut to two.

Oh eating Too much fruits is no good? Maybe that explains for my weight gain!!! I have been munching on at least a packet of guava, one stick of kiwi and one rock melon daily. And also grapes as snack at tea time. I heard kiwi and guava can help in constipation so I take them.

My previous doc did prescribe me with stool softener and i could easily poo but usually wet and twice a day. I didn't think it was good and especially I didn't want to do this for the whole 9 months and eventually my body may get dependent on the meds. So I stopped...

Maybe I will give Yakut a try... Just scared that I am overloading my body with too much sugar cuz I take prune juice too...

Oh gosh - 2 hours! Seriously?!? I will be panicking cuz I did panicked with 40min stint. I was wondering if i need to check myself into a&e! Hmm - stand up shake shake sounds good!!

My yoga teacher said squatting with knees facing out, palms together and with elbows pressed at knees - is a good pose to help alleviate constipation. And one can also do kegel exercise with this pose to strengthen pelvic muscle. Maybe I might do this nightly and see If it helps. For those with low lying placenta - put a bolster below your butt so you ain't squatting since there is support.

yo! ur right. fruits contain high sugar. eat moderate lor. hehe! cos i scared i diabetes (b common when preggy i heard), so i only eat 2-3times a week. i duno gd or bad. but too much fruits cause me pee entire night.

yes i can poo .. worse record is 2 hours. cos super hard. and dun come out i cant slp. (TMI but ya hahahah)

dont drink yakult if u not comfy wor. cos there are pple who believe in dont drink cold waters/ yakult one.
i drink cos i drink before preggy . so i dont see any harm la. haha

Xtinee

PrincessIrsh, you can try my gynae Dr James Lee in Toa payoh, he has another clinic in Mt E. Tel:62585530.
I just booked my detailed scan two weeks ago and they say TMC is fully booked, they tried Novena for me instead which is a TMC branch. See if you can squeeze in, if not you will have to walk in to TMC, best be the first in line.

God bless :wong19:

spyvonne

Hi Mummies!

Me went for my 21week scan at KKH on last Fri...

The result was real bad..

they detect either me or baby might have mild heart prob. but its jus a suspicion. n they cannot confirm till 7th mth.but like tat. the baby is too big.. cannot do anyg.. n they cannot gimme a definite answer for any of my qns.. me n my husb got so upset n fed up with them..the doc say.. mayb bcoz the scanning center was too crowded.. so the lady did it in a rush.. not to worry.. 7th mth scan they will do throughly.. still can tell me.. dun worry so much.. firstly its juz a suspicion.. 2ndly there are many ppl who has tis prob n still living fine.. 3rdly.. dunno if its u or the baby.. so ntg to worry so much. .juz wait till 7th mth.. n then if its again detected.. ask the lady who did the scan to explain.. they say.. all perfect... all formed.. kidneys, brain, heart n all.. the skull all ok.. baby is well and fine.. all the 3 cord vessels are normal.. all ok.. baby developement n growth all ok.. baby breathing all good.. but got mild heart prob detected.. oni a suspicion.. n dunno if its for me or the baby coz the report not indicated.. they say mus wait till 7th mth cannot scan earlier..coz by then baby fully developed n can see everything clearly.. which is exactly my point.. once baby is fully developed.. then i cannot do anyg.. i gotta juz live with it.. good or bad wat?

Hence, family decided to get 2nd opinion.. Any good gynae to recommend?

Help mummy in distress... Been crying over the whole weekend.. First baby and got result like this. I jus find that their answers were unprofessional and they are irresponsible.. Its like they faster faster want to chase me out of the doctors room. Haizzz...

:msad::bsad:

hi princess,

dont worry. kkh is well known for such cases de. LOL! i went kkh twice a&e , once they bo chap my profuse bleeding. once they gave me uti cos they duno wtf is wrong with me. after i went back my gynae a week later, at TMC, she say MY TUMMY EXPANDING resulting in more severe pain tts all. so i ate UTI medi for nth .

and i did my FA at lvl 4 thomson too. it shows everything is very gd, but one vein like "blocked"/ slower.
my gynae says not to worry as the other vein working gd.
he say cos this is early scan ma.. so sometimes bb haven develop fully.
so u dont worry so much.

my frens had cases of suspected mild heart problems too. when they say mild, it can be really mild de.

u can also go my previous gynae clinic too. she has her own FA machine and very well know.
she is dr yvonne chan at thomson.
$170 for fa scan + her consultation charges ard $120 or $80. (but can be more cos u 1st time go)

her clinic is at lvl 6, contact is : 62560474

spyvonne

Ooo!
heard malay charge $350-500 + go ur house massage + brings u yummy food.

but i dun have contacts though. but this is the rate told to me by older generations.

the massage heard is to help lose weight and improve circulation. so if u all hiring confinement lady etc, and ur doing good with the food intake and weight loss, then most pple nvr do the massage de.

Ooo. I have discharge too.... I didn't know discharge can be oxidized!

Tvh - I have decided to stop researching on every single symptom cuz I will be over-thinking and wondering is this it, am I facing this problem that problem, will this symptom mean this consequence, that consequence. My colleague who is preggers with her 2nd baby gave me this advice - stop researching and just enjoy the pregnancy cuz before i know it, it will be all over!! Instead of spending seconds researching, why not spend those second breathing and bonding with the child inside.

Oh gosh- I had severe constipation today. 40min in the loo... And even had blood in stools...Sorry if it is tmi... But argh... Gotta load up on even more fruits and veggie and water now.. And ask doc at next visit how (2 weeks later...).. Anyone else has suggestions? I'm also drinking prune juice once every 2 days too...

As for exercise - So far I hope my regime is ok. yoga is more stretching, pilates is using reformer but i use lightest resistance and swimming is just more blooping in water.
Doc hasn't told me to stop... But I guess common sense prevails. Like if feel any form of discomfort, to stop immediately. And I try to schedule on alternate days so I give my body a rest. My hubby did say I should cut down to 2 exercises per week...
I think prune is good. fruits and veggie and water all helps. You already know what to do. I like your suggestion here. Just follow your instinct. As long as you don't feel that you over exercise, it will benefits you both mentally and physically.

Midwife and author Jeannine Parvati Baker reminds us, giving birth is women’s spiritual practice, requiring “purity in strength, flexibility, health, concentration, surrender and faith.

hi princess,

dont worry. kkh is well known for such cases de. LOL! i went kkh twice a&e , once they bo chap my profuse bleeding. once they gave me uti cos they duno wtf is wrong with me. after i went back my gynae a week later, at TMC, she say MY TUMMY EXPANDING resulting in more severe pain tts all. so i ate UTI medi for nth .

and i did my FA at lvl 4 thomson too. it shows everything is very gd, but one vein like "blocked"/ slower.
my gynae says not to worry as the other vein working gd.
he say cos this is early scan ma.. so sometimes bb haven develop fully.
so u dont worry so much.

my frens had cases of suspected mild heart problems too. when they say mild, it can be really mild de.

u can also go my previous gynae clinic too. she has her own FA machine and very well know.
she is dr yvonne chan at thomson.
$170 for fa scan + her consultation charges ard $120 or $80. (but can be more cos u 1st time go)

her clinic is at lvl 6, contact is : 62560474

Great Thanks... Will do the calling asap... You know their replies can literally make u jump down.. Haizz.. Thanks thanks..

spyvonne

Great Thanks... Will do the calling asap... You know their replies can literally make u jump down.. Haizz.. Thanks thanks..

ya dont worry too much about it. my gynaes at tmc both say kkh now foreigners mainly. esp a&e and scanning rooms. they very kan chiong type one. and 草草了事。so seek 2nd opinion then! my gynae didnt give me any medi for the vein tts not functioning as gd as the right vein. he says wait near delivery will know full health of bb one.

ya dont worry too much about it. my gynaes at tmc both say kkh now foreigners mainly. esp a&e and scanning rooms. they very kan chiong type one. and 草草了事。so seek 2nd opinion then! my gynae didnt give me any medi for the vein tts not functioning as gd as the right vein. he says wait near delivery will know full health of bb one.

Can i also get ur male gynae detail? jus in case.. tis doc is full with appt... coz yest i tried calling a few gynae in TMC.. all were fully booked till Aug '13... :(

Erm..that time when i went to KKH for the NT scan, the staff was actually quite thorough and gave us an explanation on the areas that she is scanning eg, the blue veins refers to incoming/outgoing blood from the heart and etc...so i think not all sonographers are the same.

TVH

huh...how u all can poo for 2hours without getting up from the toilet seat? after 15minutes, my legs will go numbed and ache...i can't sit in the toilet for more than 15minutes...

littlej

Hi princess - I did my detailed scan with dr tc Chang at tmc. He is not my doc but he was recommended by my gynae to do my scan.

You may wanna consider him.

spyvonne

tvh,
tts why i had to constantly use the method of stand up shake shake! haha!

for really very gd scans, can go paragon do. like those 3d/4d. can predict gender 100%. but best after 28weeks many say.
$150 onwards for such 3d n 4d. some of my frens go do extra scan to confirm gender and organs.

spyvonne

Erm..that time when i went to KKH for the NT scan, the staff was actually quite thorough and gave us an explanation on the areas that she is scanning eg, the blue veins refers to incoming/outgoing blood from the heart and etc...so i think not all sonographers are the same.
hi nat!
no la.. i no obstracize kkh. but tts the bad reviews many saying. of cos, same like tmc, and all other hosp, ultimately its who we end up with . its luck lo.

like i go tmc my sonographer very nice to me, but same lady super fierce to my fren. she totally dun dare talk to the sonographer after tio whack twice. LOl

for all mummies, can always get one more scan/ opinion one.
there are always gd and bad results from fa scans. but only when bb out then we will truly know the condition.
e.g my fren colleague was told her bb healthy all along. until delivered then know got illness/ down syndromes.
and of cos most cases, the mummies go home with healthy happy babies!

spyvonne

Can i also get ur male gynae detail? jus in case.. tis doc is full with appt... coz yest i tried calling a few gynae in TMC.. all were fully booked till Aug '13... :(

hi babe!

my fren is seeing dr tay sun kuie at sgh, top gynae in sgh. appt line is: 63214377
private charges ( think fa cost few hundred. u can check with the nurse over phone, normal appt+2d scan ard $120).

my current gynae is half price of dr yvonne chan. very comforting gentle well known doc (once from kkh).
but he does not do fa scan. we hv to go lvl 4.
his contact is:
dr benjamin tham
lvl 01-01
clinic no: 62534122

spyvonne

for all those wanna do thomson lvl 4 walk in fa scans or any scans, pls reach by 8am. to be the FIRST! LOL!
opens 830 if i rem correctly. always a q right outside liao.
even if got appt, ask for earliest.

*cos my scan scheduled 12pm, they ask me back at 3pm, on a weekday*

Yeah.. for my experience with TMC, it's always a waiting game.. go gynae with appt wait.. the last time no appt i waited 2hours.. go Oscar with appt also wait.. take blood also wait.. aiyoooooooooo....