EDD Oct 2013

sylviajemmy

I will be getting the cordlife package I guess. Cos I signed up for TMC first born incentive, will get $550 off from the cordlife pkg~ My relative took cordlife too.

sylviajemmy

Amazon.com: Philips AVENT BPA Free Twin Electric Breast Pump: Baby

anyone tried this? seems to work as well as Medela at a fraction of the price from the review. Medela also seems to be cheaper at $300sgd at most. Can ship to a third party in US from amazon and ship here. 1kg cost US13+ to ship.
I've bought the AVENT twin electric pump from babyexpo last week! I've read tons of reviews of Medela and Avent and find Avent more lasting & less painful.

sylviajemmy

I paid $550. But I think it includes 2bottles & 10 milk storage cups which u can place in the freezer. I forgotten what else is included cos haven't delivered to my place.

huilee

Hi Octkid, saw ur PM. Will reply u yaaa.... Thanks....

Any other mummies would like to sign up Cordlife this month? I can do the referral since my baby has banked in the cord blood with them.
Fyi, this referral promo is seasonal.... As far as I recall, the highest nominal vouchers they give in.... Can definitely use the vouchers to buy extra things for our lil ones :)

So look fwd to hear from you ya.....

weeeii

CYin:796282 said:
Does anyone know how many cord banks are there in Singapore? I only know of Stemcord and Cordlife.

Weeeii, do you know how much is the package for Stemcord. I saw at Motherhood fair last week Cordlife is at $5800 if paying at one go.
Cyin, my friend told me first time payment was about $1300+, subsequently $200+ annually for 21 yrs, after which your baby can choose whether to continue (this amount she quoted was already with rebates as she was referred too).

CYin

Thanks Weeeii, I think Cordlife 's package with annual fees is around the same.
We still haven't decided on which one to take, will wait for the next fair to see if there is any promotion.

My hubby prefers one time payment Co's the annual fees package end up we pay more..

spyvonne

hello Alisa, i took d package at 8k (got cheaper ones).
not sure wats d rates now. i suggest tat if any of u r interested to give a call to mk appt n visit d place.
my reasons for chosing are
i nd a place to recover fully due to previous op on cyst removal i didnt recover well.
my mil place too noisy n crowded + dementia grandma who kp opening the door.
confinement lady no place to stay.
if rent a place + $ of confinement food n nanny > cost at aixin.
room n personal toilet at centre (terrace) larger than hdb + whole day aircon.
less hassle for family members n quiet environment..

hubby used up his bonus tis yr to pay for this... haa ;)

wow 8k!
im also headache with confinement plans.
but, majority tell me cannot even have aircon. sob.
but in order let bb slp better at night, aircon needed for bb.
esp health not very gd pple like me better not have aircon at all. (but i dont think i can do it since cannot bathe much)

spyvonne

ooo mummies,

i signed cordlife package at expo fair lately. didnt choose other banks since this is the biggest and awarded most in singapore + the only bank that successfully used cordblood as of now.

one time 21years.

cordlife 21 years + fbi (first born membership for thomson)
total paid $5650+gst7%+ fbi at $98.
meaning i got a $550 off cordlife, and $50 off fbi.
was also given $150 capital mall vouchers (need redeem) and 3 books+ hamper (to redeem next visit at tmc).
+ free axa 6months insurance coverage for bb.

---
i also signed 5 years stem tissue at $2888 instead $4888.

---

from aug onwards they can collect cordblood and stem tissue at all hosp.
but june to aug only at tmc.
*news will be announced later on*

spyvonne:796538 said:
hello Alisa, i took d package at 8k (got cheaper ones).
not sure wats d rates now. i suggest tat if any of u r interested to give a call to mk appt n visit d place.
my reasons for chosing are
i nd a place to recover fully due to previous op on cyst removal i didnt recover well.
my mil place too noisy n crowded + dementia grandma who kp opening the door.
confinement lady no place to stay.
if rent a place + $ of confinement food n nanny > cost at aixin.
room n personal toilet at centre (terrace) larger than hdb + whole day aircon.
less hassle for family members n quiet environment..

hubby used up his bonus tis yr to pay for this... haa ;)

wow 8k!
im also headache with confinement plans.
but, majority tell me cannot even have aircon. sob.
but in order let bb slp better at night, aircon needed for bb.
esp health not very gd pple like me better not have aircon at all. (but i dont think i can do it since cannot bathe much)
I heard that aircon is acceptable as compared to fan wor

Alisa

i donate my 1st son cord blood to public bank. We think thru and decided to donate it out cuz if my son is having genetic illness, his own cord blood will not helps him and since we do not know will he ever use it *touch wood* we decided to donate out and see it his cord blood is suitable for others in need.

for my current, we decide to let her take in all her cord blood. no donation for her.

june83

Ooo! If really ok for aircon I will be so happy!!!

Then I can't let adults come visit me. Lol! Cfm Niam Niam Niam
I also have aircon when i doing confinement, my aunt ask me to leave a glass of water on top of my cupboard when i on aircon while doing confinement.

shuangyh

ooo mummies,

i signed cordlife package at expo fair lately. didnt choose other banks since this is the biggest and awarded most in singapore + the only bank that successfully used cordblood as of now.

one time 21years.

cordlife 21 years + fbi (first born membership for thomson)
total paid $5650+gst7%+ fbi at $98.
meaning i got a $550 off cordlife, and $50 off fbi.
was also given $150 capital mall vouchers (need redeem) and 3 books+ hamper (to redeem next visit at tmc).
+ free axa 6months insurance coverage for bb.

---
i also signed 5 years stem tissue at $2888 instead $4888.

---

from aug onwards they can collect cordblood and stem tissue at all hosp.
but june to aug only at tmc.
*news will be announced later on*
hey dear, i signed up the same at motherhood fair with cordlife. but they didnt explain the stem tissue to me.. was it also with cordlife? thanks!

spyvonne

Cordblood is meant for ur bb basically. It's to generate blood cells. N dont need draw bone marrow. Got chances use for sibling too. But one time only.

Cord tissue is restore bb organs n skins . Eg cornea. But lower chances use on siblings. Can use few times.

---

Yup! Stem tissue is a new technology. Not many pple sign.
Same until 21 years give back ownership to ur child.
I heard no more promotions after this expo tts why I signed.

*but think July/ Sep will have again according to expo other promoters*

spyvonne

Cordblood can pay by CDa too.
So if u all sign ip up one time 21years,
U need put in $3050 when baby born.
Gov give another $3000.

Cord tissue cannot.
(can pay via credit card/ credit card 24mths instalment free/ cash).

shuangyh

Cordblood can pay by CDa too.
So if u all sign ip up one time 21years,
U need put in $3050 when baby born.
Gov give another $3000.

Cord tissue cannot.
(can pay via credit card/ credit card 24mths instalment free/ cash).
so this cord tissue is also with cordlife?

spyvonne

I lost count of which week I'm at. Since Both gynaes I saw quoted a 3weeks difference. Lol

Constipate, Pimples pimples .. Flu. New challenge of the week.

Anyone encounter tightening of the vagina?
Like when u flip body in bed too fast it gives a Piak sound.
Like "cracking fists" tt sound. Haha!

Meowmummy

I lost count of which week I'm at. Since Both gynaes I saw quoted a 3weeks difference. Lol

Constipate, Pimples pimples .. Flu. New challenge of the week.

Anyone encounter tightening of the vagina?
Like when u flip body in bed too fast it gives a Piak sound.
Like "cracking fists" tt sound. Haha!
when i flip my body at night when i sleep, or wake up to go loos, my baby movement will be very big, dunno issit i scare him while i move suddenly..