EDD Sep 2010

nightingale

Is e mucus plug some kind of symptoms? My girl has been really active these few nights as well. The past 2 nights was horrible for me, think I experienced bh.
xian, yep the mucus plug is a jelly-like substance at the cervix that acts as a protective barrier against bacteria and prevents it from entering the uterus. When the cervix starts dilating, this plug becomes dislodged and so it gets discharged from the body through the vagina. More explanation here:

Signs of labor | BabyCenter

Although it is one of the signs of labour to look out for, I've also read that it's not a very reliable indication that baby will be arriving soon - sometimes still need to wait for days or even a week or two before contractions begin! Sigh~ (thanks DELvy anyway! I'm also getting very excited but trying to manage my expectations also heh heh)

bb2010

Ya, I got storage bag too. But can reuse bottle and is easier for warming up too.
Hi hi.

Would like to know if we storage the breastmilk into storage bag n put into the fridge. when we need the milk then just take out the bag and put whole bag into the bottle warmer directly or we need change to bottle and warm it ? i am first time mummy..not sure of this.

i oso heard ppl say the milk bag better storage into different compartment of the fridge, is it true?

the milk bag should place at the frozen level ?

Thanks ya

xian

xian, yep the mucus plug is a jelly-like substance at the cervix that acts as a protective barrier against bacteria and prevents it from entering the uterus. When the cervix starts dilating, this plug becomes dislodged and so it gets discharged from the body through the vagina. More explanation here:

Although it is one of the signs of labour to look out for, I've also read that it's not a very reliable indication that baby will be arriving soon - sometimes still need to wait for days or even a week or two before contractions begin! Sigh~ (thanks DELvy anyway! I'm also getting very excited but trying to manage my expectations also heh heh)
not sure if i have mine as well. noticed some yellow discharge which really looks like mucus. It's getting more and more exciting.

lekdao

Hey,

Yes, is a sign to look for. I waited for almost 24hrs before the contractions. Found the discharge at 9am, head to hospital for check up at 4pm. mid wives checked my cervix, start to feel very mild contraction, cervix 1cm dilated and was asked to go home rest. Waited till next morning 5am, the contraction is unbearable, head to hospital and was admitted.

BTW, did gynae do a test on the discharge for bacteria?
Certain bacteria is harmful to the baby. if bacteria is found, medication needed. My 1st pregnancy did not test, and tested on my 2nd pregnancy.

lekdao

Hi hi.

Would like to know if we storage the breastmilk into storage bag n put into the fridge. when we need the milk then just take out the bag and put whole bag into the bottle warmer directly or we need change to bottle and warm it ? i am first time mummy..not sure of this.
For me, i poured the amt required into the milk bottle and warm it up.

i also heard ppl say the milk bag better storage into different compartment of the fridge, is it true?
different compartment as in what sense? i was told store the milk bag in the plastic container

the milk bag should place at the frozen level ?
chill compartment - 48 hrs
freezer (separate door) - 3 mths
Deep freezer (-20 degree) - 6 mths

Thanks ya

My reply in blue.

nightingale

not sure if i have mine as well. noticed some yellow discharge which really looks like mucus. It's getting more and more exciting.
Mine looked like a piece of jelly - transparent and slightly yellowish, ewe. Nearing labour we should also be experiencing an increase in vaginal discharge I think?

you sure?? thought suppose to come with abit of blood?!?!?
haha~ sometimes there is some blood, sometimes there isn't. I think varies from individual to individual bah. :)

Heard also that for some mummies they don't notice the mucus plug at all - either because it only gets discharged very late, like during labour itself, or sometimes in the toilet they may have missed seeing it (esp. if you're the kind who uses water to rinse).

Anyway not much difference to me leh - since there are no other labour signs at the same time - just makes me more gan cheong only! haha!

BTW, did gynae do a test on the discharge for bacteria?
Certain bacteria is harmful to the baby. if bacteria is found, medication needed. My 1st pregnancy did not test, and tested on my 2nd pregnancy.
I did a swab test about 2 weeks ago for yeast infection and something called Group B Strep infection (some kind of bacteria), came back positive and was put on a course of antibiotics to treat it. Doc said they will also be giving me the antibiotics through IV during labour to keep the bacteria under control.

Last edited:

lekdao

haha~ sometimes there is some blood, sometimes there isn't. I think varies from individual to individual bah. :)
Hey,
Ur sign is same as mine. I felt discharging tot is mensu, after checked is mucus with abit of blood stain. Put on panty liner to observer further, and it stopped for a few hrs then blood stain appeared again so decided to called hospital to check. was asked to go for a check up, that how i found out actually i'm into labor but still early to admit and went home to rest.

Guess, you continue to observe, and meanwhile prepare urself anytime contraction starts, water bag burst or mensu. Dun panic, anything that u dun feel good, either call ur gynae or hospital to check. They will advise you accordingly.

All the best & Jia You!

Last edited:

lekdao

Hey everyone,

Just to share old wives tales.
Open up all the drawers in the hse b4 heading to hospital for delivery, and you will hv a easy delivery. I dunno how true is it but no harm trying. I did follow and delivered pretty smoothly. woke up from the contraction, heard mid wives called gynae hurried to hospital. gynae reached hospital within 15 mins and checked on me, in less then 30 mins i gave birth.

xian

Hey everyone,

Open up all the drawers in the house before heading to hospital for delivery, and you will have a easy delivery. I dont know how true is it but no harm trying. I did follow and delivered pretty smoothly. woke up from the contraction, heard mid wives called gynae hurried to hospital. gynae reached hospital within 15 mins and checked on me, in less then 30 mins i gave birth.
I heard that before but forgotten about it. Thanks for reminding. Must all the drawers in the house be opened or just the bedroom ones will do?

By the way, how much coconut can we drink now? Once a week?

lekdao

I heard that before but forgotten about it. Thanks for reminding. Must all the drawers in the house be opened or just the bedroom ones will do?
Well, Just the bedroom if staying with in-law. Staying alone, all in the hse (kiasu abit)... hahaha

By the way, how much coconut can we drink now? Once a week?
I drank once a week coz kenna control by my MIL. My sis-in-law drank every alternate day. Heard that the coconut water is to wash off those like blackhead on the baby face.
See my reply in blue.

xian

lekdao, thanks thanks. I will open those drawers in my room then.

coconut drink is also to lessen the heat rash/pimple on baby face.

MummyK

may i know where is the shop? bcos my mum intend to buy the bakit sarung for me ...
You know there's this chinatown market which the hawker is located at level 2 and level one sells all the traditional wedding stuffs? there are quite a number of shops selling nightdresses.. ;)

ah.bee

interesting to note the open drawer tale, i shall try that too (if i remember to! hehe).

having a small problem here: sometimes i can't tell if i'm feeling baby's movements or BH contractions? it feels like baby is moving, but also feels like a tightening feeling. i'm just worried that i won't even know if it's actual contractions that i'm feeling. any mommies with the same problem?

mrs_eg

haha~ sometimes there is some blood, sometimes there isn't. I think varies from individual to individual bah.

Heard also that for some mummies they dont't notice the mucus plug at all - either because it only gets discharged very late, like during labour itself, or sometimes in the toilet they may have missed seeing it (esp. if you're the kind who uses water to rinse).

Anyway not much difference to me - since there are no other labour signs at the same time - just makes me more gan cheong only! haha!

Gosh.... this anticipation is so exciting!!! All the best Nightingale!!!! :Dancing_wub:

mrs_eg

Hey everyone,

Open up all the drawers in the house before heading to hospital for delivery, and you will have a easy delivery. I dont know how true is it but no harm trying. I did follow and delivered pretty smoothly. woke up from the contraction, heard mid wives called gynae hurried to hospital. gynae reached hospital within 15 mins and checked on me, in less then 30 mins i gave birth.

Champs! Sounds wierd... but I will definitely try!!!!! hahahaha....

mrs_eg

interesting to note the open drawer tale, i shall try that too (if i remember to! hehe).

having a small problem here: sometimes i can't tell if i'm feeling baby's movements or BH contractions? it feels like baby is moving, but also feels like a tightening feeling. i'm just worried that i won't even know if it's actual contractions that i'm feeling. any mommies with the same problem?

I also hav tightening feeling... It is like the whole tummy contracting... Sometimes with baby moving sometimes without...
but I think if it goes away after a while and dun come back too soon.. shld be pretty safe...
and I think you will know it if is the real contractions...
think it will be much more intense than BH...

Can any mummy tell me if what I said is correct??

lekdao

I got the same experience with you in my 2nd pregnancy. I was put under observation for my baby heartbeat, and found out actually into my contraction and is consistent yet i dun feel anything. Gynae told methe hardness and tightness feeling is contraction. I was asked to rest at home till the big day (real pain contraction) comes.

if you are worry, checked with your gynae on your next check up. Or call the clinic to check.

lekdao

I also hav tightening feeling... It is like the whole tummy contracting... Sometimes with baby moving sometimes without...
but I think if it goes away after a while and dont come back too soon.. shld be pretty safe...
and I think you will know it if is the real contractions...
think it will be much more intense than BH...

Can any mummy tell me if what I said is correct??

Well in the beginning you may not know that your contractions starts coz the pain is exactly the same as stomache. The differnce is, it will goes off and come back again. When the interval like 15mins to 20 mins the pain can be more intense until it showed on your face. And the more you move ard, the more pain you feel. I stayed still when pain comes, it help to relieve the pain.