EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

meltie

Jiayou Reiann! Can't wait to hear your story!! Wishing you all the best!

Oh ya, was wondering if any mums also feel pain in the joints of the wrists and elbows like me.. i couldn't really flex my wrist to carry something in an awkward position.. wondering if its due to water retention and swolleness... it gets worse when i am sleeping.. i wake up w the wrist joint aching.. like i've exercised it for the whole night...

felicity

Rodorsany thank you.. Was v stressed n miserable past 2 days.. Today feel better already, thanks! Having fenugreek supplement..

I dun wan to use aircon as I dun wan bb to be used to it :p anyway at my parents place no aircon so only fan.. At home we usually don't use aircon except when I was pregnant n perspiring nonstop!

Meltie I had v stiff fingers when I wake up... >< like when just wake up will hv difficulty clenching fists.. Even now I still hv difficulty w my last two fingers.. When I just wake v stiff..

purpur

Hi melti n felicity, I believe e stiffness is due to water retention n blood circulation .. u may massage with ginger cream during ur confinement period hope it helps .. :D

reiann

Thanks all!

Why is it that nobody ever mentioned enema?! It f%*{=€>+ing hurts!!! The insertion plus the holding in of the liquid whatever, the intense cramp but can't go to bathroom -- that's crazy. So painful :(

Now just waiting.. Contractions every 4 mins and some are quite painful but still tolerable. The enema was far more traumatic.

The food here at gleneagles is good! Yum. Okra and chicken.. Soup..

Yeah by edd is on 18th but was getting so fed up.. The breast pump must have really worked

Lingz12

reiann:693252 said:
Thanks all!

Why is it that nobody ever mentioned enema?! It f%*{=€>+ing hurts!!! The insertion plus the holding in of the liquid whatever, the intense cramp but can't go to bathroom -- that's crazy. So painful :(

Now just waiting.. Contractions every 4 mins and some are quite painful but still tolerable. The enema was far more traumatic.

The food here at gleneagles is good! Yum. Okra and chicken.. Soup..

Yeah by edd is on 18th but was getting so fed up.. The breast pump must have really worked
Wa.. tat is strange.. I find enema tolerable.. y can't u go bathroom? I tot that's e purpose? To make u poo? It is a bit uncomfy la, but tolerable la.. I find contractions much worse.. Haha.. U're such a power mummy! Jia you! :D

Lingz12

Hi mummies.. I'm super depressed.. Milk is still not coming in and this is my 5th day oredi.. My confinement nanny was saying by now it should have come in.. Then she said maybe I'm jus one of those few with no milk.. Sobz!

Issit true that milk will come in slower if I'm induced? I hope so, mayb that will explain y milk is still nt in.. :(

Yest wen I squeeze, I tot I saw a drop of clear liquid.. is that colostrum? I was super duper happy.. so quickly bring bb to suckle.. she did suckle for 10min in each side I tink but push my breast away after that and wailed her head off.. so fed her fm.. now I try to latch her on every 2hrs hoping to get e milk to come in quicker.. but everytime she wails at my breast cos she noes I have no milk, I'm so depressed..

I'm oredi taking fenugreek supplement but see no effect yet.. and wen I pump, onli one pathetic drop came out.. :'(

felicity

Lingz initially I hv no milk bb also didn't want to suckle n the lac consultant let me try the supplementary system which is putting fm to the breasts n let bb suckle.. It worked for me n we bought a new set but next day milk supply comes in so nv use still in box n dunno wat to do with it... Thinking to sell in this forum after my confinement... U want? I need to check the receipt how much.. Bought from TMC one..

Do keep latching... It's supposed to help. Jiayou mummy!!

Rodorsany

Lingz12:693281 said:
Hi mummies.. I'm super depressed.. Milk is still not coming in and this is my 5th day oredi.. My confinement nanny was saying by now it should have come in.. Then she said maybe I'm jus one of those few with no milk.. Sobz!

Issit true that milk will come in slower if I'm induced? I hope so, mayb that will explain y milk is still nt in.. :(

Yest wen I squeeze, I tot I saw a drop of clear liquid.. is that colostrum? I was super duper happy.. so quickly bring bb to suckle.. she did suckle for 10min in each side I tink but push my breast away after that and wailed her head off.. so fed her fm.. now I try to latch her on every 2hrs hoping to get e milk to come in quicker.. but everytime she wails at my breast cos she noes I have no milk, I'm so depressed..

I'm oredi taking fenugreek supplement but see no effect yet.. and wen I pump, onli one pathetic drop came out.. :'(
Lings, my milk also pathetic intially. My #1 basically not much. I started my massage ytd damn painful but then after when i pump got 20ml (both side add up).. Mil also cook papaya soup..

Today i pump increase abit more 25ml. Bbb suckle also got milk come out!! Jiayou!!!

Dun stress for bb will b stress.. Continue to stimulate...

I'm trying to pump every 3~4hrs to increase... Im still giving fm too

Rodorsany

Oh yah... U wanna try other supplement?? My fren fenugreek dun work for her... She used e more milk plus. She took oaks for breaky said to help la... :)

sapphire

hi Mummies who hav delivered.. how heavy is ur postpartum flow? how many sanitary pads did u change during ur stay in hospital?

sapphire

Mrs liaw n rodorsamy.. congrats on ur delivery!!

Can u share whats ur experience like in MAH? n wat did they provide for u n baby? like how many pkt of diapers n wipes for bb, bb clothes?

jia

I'm oredi taking fenugreek supplement but see no effect yet.. and wen I pump, onli one pathetic drop came out.. :'([/kQUOTE)

hello lingz, keep latching. I read it's supposed to help too. my flow was also slow at the beginning and now it's improving a bit, fingers crossed...feed fm first in the meantime. when ur milk supply is in and sufficient, u can switch to exclusive bf :) stay positive else being stressed will affect milk flow too...jiayou!!!

jia

hi Mummies who hav delivered.. how heavy is ur postpartum flow? how many sanitary pads did u change during ur stay in hospital?
hello sapphire, the flow has been 2 weeks and counting for me...I finished the whole packet of pads provided by tmc during the stay...u may want to rem to pack some into hosp bag...flow wise it's only heavier in the first few days and also somehow after my post natal massage

Lingz12

felicity:693307 said:
Lingz initially I hv no milk bb also didn't want to suckle n the lac consultant let me try the supplementary system which is putting fm to the breasts n let bb suckle.. It worked for me n we bought a new set but next day milk supply comes in so nv use still in box n dunno wat to do with it... Thinking to sell in this forum after my confinement... U want? I need to check the receipt how much.. Bought from TMC one..

Do keep latching... It's supposed to help. Jiayou mummy!!
Thanks felicity.. Initially my problem is bb dun wan suckle.. now she suckle just that the smart girl reject my breast after a while knowing there is no milk.. The supplementary system sound ma fan.. I tink I shall continue to let her suckle every time before her fm feed..

tonight super shag.. she jus had her fm feed and woke up crying 15min later cos her diaper is full of poo.. CL changed her diaper and noticed her wandering mouth so told me to let bb suckle.. So brought her back to the room.. let her suckle till she's satisfied before changing sides.. after she is satisfied with the other side I put her down but realised she seems to wan more.. put her back to my breast and she suckle again.. no milk oso dunno she suckle so long for wat.. mayb for that v v v little colostrum.. and in between I fell asleep until hubby walked in and asked y aren't I sleeping yet.. onli to realise that bb has been suckling for 1.5hrs! Oh my.. by this time wen I put her down, she's crying for fm oredi.. I sure hope the marathon suckling will translate to milk supply tmr!

Lingz12

Rodorsany:693330 said:
Oh yah... U wanna try other supplement?? My fren fenugreek dun work for her... She used e more milk plus. She took oaks for breaky said to help la... :)
Thanks rodorsany.. shall observe to see if milk supply comes in these few days.. if not mayb I will change supplement.. me currently using the motherlove more milk brand that the TMC pharmacy recommends.. will try not to be too stressed in e meantime!

Lingz12

jia:693397 said:
hello lingz, keep latching. I read it's supposed to help too. my flow was also slow at the beginning and now it's improving a bit, fingers crossed...feed fm first in the meantime. when ur milk supply is in and sufficient, u can switch to exclusive bf :) stay positive else being stressed will affect milk flow too...jiayou!!!
Thanks! I will try to stay positive! Been telling bb to please jia you with me.. Suckle more so that mummy can give u enuff milk! I hope milk comes in soon!

yeoymp

hello mummies

i`ve delivered my baby boy safely and naturally this morning.story as below:

water bag burst at 11.10pm last nite. quickly wake my husband and daughter up....call my girl's nanny ask if she can help to take care of my girl. then take a quick shower , send my girl to nanny and head to hospital.

reach kkh at 12plus....go straight to delivery suite. nurse checked was 3cm dilated, mild contraction at that time. 2hours later, checked again still 4cm only.
then the nurse advise me to turn sideway so that can encourage baby head go further down....then the real pain started at 3am.....dilatation suddenly go fast by 4.15am i already got the urge to push but gynae hasn't come yet. so the nurse keep press down my leg when i raise up uncontrollable. finally gynae came after 10mins and with 2, 3 push....my boy is out.

Rodorsany

yeoymp:693454 said:
hello mummies

i`ve delivered my baby boy safely and naturally this morning.story as below:

water bag burst at 11.10pm last nite. quickly wake my husband and daughter up....call my girl's nanny ask if she can help to take care of my girl. then take a quick shower , send my girl to nanny and head to hospital.

reach kkh at 12plus....go straight to delivery suite. nurse checked was 3cm dilated, mild contraction at that time. 2hours later, checked again still 4cm only.
then the nurse advise me to turn sideway so that can encourage baby head go further down....then the real pain started at 3am.....dilatation suddenly go fast by 4.15am i already got the urge to push but gynae hasn't come yet. so the nurse keep press down my leg when i raise up uncontrollable. finally gynae came after 10mins and with 2, 3 push....my boy is out.
Congrats yeoymp!