EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

Kary2500

Reiann - Good luck with your check up today!!

Eeneyminey - 16 times a day is like a lot.. I bought diapers to change about 12 times a day which will last me for two weeks, plus I have alot of those sample packs of drypers and huggies in the new born size. Will just need to stock up more I think, but told hubby lets just try what suits the baby's bum before we buy too much.

Piglim - Do the diaper liners actually help for the cloth diapers? Because I keep seeing alot of posts here with mommies wanting to sell their boxes of diaper liners that they have purchased.

How often do you new mommies give your babies a bath? And do you mean like a proper tub bath with soap or just a body sponge with water. Also, how do you clean your baby's mouth? Yea I keep thinking of things and then suddenly have soo many doubts in my head..

lizzy2101

Reiann -
How often do you new mommies give your babies a bath? And do you mean like a proper tub bath with soap or just a body sponge with water. Also, how do you clean your baby's mouth? Yea I keep thinking of things and then suddenly have soo many doubts in my head..
I bathe my son 1's a day then sponge bath at night, at the moment my baby's mouth still clean no whitish thingy on the tongue yet, guess cos breastfeeding... I supplement him with goat's milk so idk yet :D well if you gonna clean the baby's mouth either you buy spiffies at later stage ( when teething) or use cotton (wrap around your index finger and soak it with warm boiled water then rub lightly the tongue) but some brands like MAM has this cloth thingy to wipe the tongue but i find it troublesome cos u need to clean/sterilise it everytime so clean cootn and warm boiled water is fine for me :)

Piglim

Reiann - Good luck with your check up today!!

Eeneyminey - 16 times a day is like a lot.. I bought diapers to change about 12 times a day which will last me for two weeks, plus I have alot of those sample packs of drypers and huggies in the new born size. Will just need to stock up more I think, but told hubby lets just try what suits the baby's bum before we buy too much.

Piglim - Do the diaper liners actually help for the cloth diapers? Because I keep seeing alot of posts here with mommies wanting to sell their boxes of diaper liners that they have purchased.

Hmm... I guess e liners r useful...cos e thicker mushy stools r on top of e diapers so u can just throw it away... It's like us wearing panty liners to prevent stains... If u dun wear then need to scrub lor... Which in this case (baby stool) it can b quite a lot of work..

I bathe baby once a day-morning..just squeeze two drops of bathing soap.. No need to shampoo.. At night ard 6/7 I'll just wipe baby (ma sheng) actually u dun hv to worry cos if u r delivering at Thomson, attend their breastfeeding class... All these will b taught. Any last min qns u can also ask them... Nurses all v friendly n helpful. As for e mouth, I bought an oral wipe from mums n babes.. Dun hv to do it everyday..once in every 2-3 days... Wat my confinement lady did was wet a cloth (small towel) then press on e gums n wipe the tongue...

Hey everyone! Waterbag burst on 06.09.12 at 9.35 am.. Delivered baby boy, 3.077 kg at 8.42 pm on the same day at Parkway East. Was at 39 weeks one day. Made it thru 11 hrs of labour with laughing gas. No epidural!

Very sore below..As of right nw, i dun think i ever want to go thru the labour process again. The last few moments leading to 10 cm dilation was the hardest!

Jiayou mummies! U can do it too!

lizzy2101

Hey everyone! Waterbag burst on 06.09.12 at 9.35 am.. Delivered baby boy, 3.077 kg at 8.42 pm on the same day at Parkway East. Was at 39 weeks one day. Made it thru 11 hrs of labour with laughing gas. No epidural!

Very sore below..As of right nw, i dun think i ever want to go thru the labour process again. The last few moments leading to 10 cm dilation was the hardest!

Congrats Caramellae!

Pinky32

Congrats, Caramellae! You have a good rest and take care!

Lingz12

Caramellae:689779 said:

Congrats Caramellae! So impressive! 11hrs without epidural! Rest well! :D

mee212

Hi everyone,

My baby girl was born on 6.9.12 at week 36 weeks 4 days and my birth story as below:

5.30 am - woke up because have some stomach pain like diarrhea and I went to toilet, nothing, tired and go back to sleep.
7.00 am - suddenly have sharp pain like mensus cramp and jump out from bed, felt wanna pass motion and went to toilet to poo. some mild contraction, 10-15 mins interval.
7.30 am - followed by some bloody discharge and wake up hubby. Called my gynae also to inform him the situation, my gynae asked to head to hospital directly. Then, I went to take shower and had a quick bite.
8.40 am - reached hospital and asked to go delivery suite. Change and midwife do some checking on me. Was 8-9 cm dilated.
9.15 am - my gynae came and check on me again, it's already 10 cm dilated but my contraction was not consistent and not strong. Put drips on me to make my contraction stronger.
9.20 am - was told by midwife whenever contraction come, hold breath and push so that can push longer.
My gynae came in also and with 2-3 pushes, my baby came out at 9.43 am with 3 stitches below.

Although is my 2nd baby, but still very painful at the last stage when you push baby out.

That's all my birth story, now trying to breastfeed my little one. You all can do it too!

yeoymp

Hi everyone,

My baby girl was born on 6.9.12 at week 36 weeks 4 days and my birth story as below:

5.30 am - woke up because have some stomach pain like diarrhea and I went to toilet, nothing, tired and go back to sleep.
7.00 am - suddenly have sharp pain like mensus cramp and jump out from bed, felt wanna pass motion and went to toilet to poo. some mild contraction, 10-15 mins interval.
7.30 am - followed by some bloody discharge and wake up hubby. Called my gynae also to inform him the situation, my gynae asked to head to hospital directly. Then, I went to take shower and had a quick bite.
8.40 am - reached hospital and asked to go delivery suite. Change and midwife do some checking on me. Was 8-9 cm dilated.
9.15 am - my gynae came and check on me again, it's already 10 cm dilated but my contraction was not consistent and not strong. Put drips on me to make my contraction stronger.
9.20 am - was told by midwife whenever contraction come, hold breath and push so that can push longer.
My gynae came in also and with 2-3 pushes, my baby came out at 9.43 am with 3 stitches below.

Although is my 2nd baby, but still very painful at the last stage when you push baby out.

That's all my birth story, now trying to breastfeed my little one. You all can do it too!
Mee212, that was fast for you. May i know how old is your 1st child? Even though the dilation was there but still got to go through the contraction pain to push the baby out....omg......

i'm 2nd pregnancy too.....wonder will it be like yours, so fast.

mee212

Hi Yeoymp,

My first child is 20 months. Yes, although I have fully dilated but still need go through contraction..

Have a smooth delivery!

purpur

Many of u ladies, didn't take epi .. really thumbs up for u gals.. I dun think I can make it without epi .. :( 1st n 3 rd trimester for me is already a night mare dun talk abt labour pain. Nowadays due to excessive water retention even I walk my legs feel pain .. n cramps often .. too much pressure on them I guess .. already put on 25 kg .. no Joke !!

purpur

After reading mee212 birth story I feel nervous too .. cos tis few days keep having diarrhoea feel .. dunno whether is it a sign ?? Or jus stomach upset .. :eek: