EDD September 2013 Mummies

thanku82

Thanks mummies for sharing about water leak.. So it's obvious kind, I kept thinking if leak a few drops how would I know?

My baby hasn't engaged as of last week. Doc doesn't seem concerned though, he says before delivery engage can . But I feel down there more pressure now and gg toilet more often at night (like 4 times), dont know maybe she's engage now?
You can use pH test paper to check, amniotic fluid will turn test paper to yellowish green. You may find this from Q100, I bought below $3 for about 100pcs, but quality of test paper may not so sensitive.

I also go toilet at night about 3 times per night.

Sunbeams

Hi mummies!
How is everyone doing?
Just seen gynae, bb is 2.6kg at 37 weeks.
The head n legs are proportionate but the tummy/abdomen is like week 32-33 only :(
anyone has this problem?
i was advised to eat more protein like 2 eggs for Bkfast.

kcws and chweewy - found this place. Went there too. Check it out at novena sq 2 or parkway parade.
I went to the novena sq 2 :)
Singapore Diabetic Speciality Store

StellaC

I just went to see the gynae too!
38 weeks 4 days and baby is at 3.1-3.2kg. Head is lower but still not engaged. Can't see baby's face already as the head is low.

Next week thursday id need to do a test to check baby heart beat :) EDD is next Saturday!

ZPF

Hi mummies!
How is everyone doing?
The head n legs are proportionate but the tummy/abdomen is like week 32-33 only :(
anyone has this problem?

kcws and chweewy - found this place. Went there too. Check it out at novena sq 2 or parkway parade.
Sunbeams, I am facing the same issues as you. My tummy looks like 5 months. I am already 38 weeks.

Yiks

Sunbeams, I am facing the same issues as you. My tummy looks like 5 months. I am already 38 weeks.
Hello mummies! Are you ladies first time mum? Im 38 weeks and my tummy is exploding. Its really huge, think I ate too much. Gynae estimated bb to weigh at least 3.4kg. D: im afraid that I can't deliver her naturally. :( prays hard!

Sunbeams

Yes yiks! I m a FTM!
does that explain y tummy looks small?
i m ok with looking small but the bb small measurement of the abdomenial is scaring me.
the nutrients we eat will go first to the head / brain / heart followed by the bb tummy.
what I m afraid is that the bb not getting enough nutrients or the placenta not feeding him enough.
thats why gynae Advised even more protein food!
FTM ...so feeling lost n stress!

StellaC

Hello mummies! Are you ladies first time mum? Im 38 weeks and my tummy is exploding. Its really huge, think I ate too much. Gynae estimated bb to weigh at least 3.4kg. D: im afraid that I can't deliver her naturally. :( prays hard!
Im first time mom but my tummy is huge too. It was small even when I was 7-8 months but after that the growth accelerated

BabyCring

The greatest moment in a parent’s life is when they bring a new life into this world. Kiddysky Singapore welcomed the baby into this Universe! Babies bring so much laughter to our lives and joy to our hearts.

Welcome to the Mommies World :)

yanting

Hi mummies, have you tried measuring your fundal height, lying down and use measuring tape to measure from pubic bone till the top of uterus. If you are 37weeks pregnant, it should be around 37cm. Not very accurate but somehow gives you an indication if your tummy is too small.

I used to be very worry also as my little one absorbs nutrient very slow and I don't eat durian (which my gynae advised me to take to help baby grow faster), but I noticed my tummy grow 1-2cm every weeks on fundal height. I am 37w3d, and measure about 38cm.

If you happened to try, can you let me know if it's accurate? Esp those having baby of >3kg. Thx

yanting

Im first time mom but my tummy is huge too. It was small even when I was 7-8 months but after that the growth accelerated
StellaC, other than high tea, did you take any particular high protein meals that help baby grows? Really envy that your girl grows so well!! :)

Yiks

I have been indulging in durians for the past 3 weekends. I think it really help bb to grow. BUT!!! eat in moderation, dont be like me, im regretting that I had too much. Durian is high in cholesterol and sugar so will make bb grow.

yanting

I have been indulging in durians for the past 3 weekends. I think it really help bb to grow. BUT!!! eat in moderation, dont be like me, im regretting that I had too much. Durian is high in cholesterol and sugar so will make bb grow.
But I dislike the smell, so even though my doctor advised me to take some every visit, I still refused.. Haha

skt

Durians are of no help to me. Have it during 3-4 weekends. My baby still weighs very small. 2.2kg at 35weeks+5days. Gynae says head's circumference big but ok. baby may weigh light but still acceptable.

But I really hope to increase her weight, easier to carry.

Tried having beef too, but baby's weight doesn't seem to increase much.

I shall try eggs this time.

kcws

Hi mummies!
How is everyone doing?
anyone has this problem?

Went to CGH just now, saw there have OneTouch test strips selling at $29+ for 25. Saw some diabetic cookies too. Will ask dietician if GDM can take that on sat visit. If can will go there n graps. lots of favor, especially chocolate cookies

ZPF

Just curious, did the Gynae offer any explanation on why the tummy looks like 5 month preggy only?
Gynae said that FTM tends to have a small tummy because the womb is tight. Most importantly, the baby must gain weight. She said it is ok tto have a small tummy. Last visit is 37 weeks, baby is 3 kg.

StellaC

StellaC, other than high tea, did you take any particular high protein meals that help baby grows? Really envy that your girl grows so well!! :)
Hi yanting, I don't thinking purposely took any high protein foods.. Hehe even since I entered third trimester my appetite was very good but steered towards sweet things. I think my baby grew because I ate a lot.