Good TCM Doctor ???

26JMC

oic. how is it with the one at marine parade? my friend highly recommend me there... seriously all the way to there, if really that good, i dont mind lor.

i believe acupuncture really works! cos it helps to heal my leg v fast!

you mean Ban Choon Chan Blk 81, #01-636, Marine Parade Central Singapore 440081 ??

i went there for treatment for 3mths before i switch to the sinseh @ AMK......

the one @ parkway, he dont do acupuncture lehhh........

for AMK deee...the acupuncture is about 45mins (front n back, about 20mins each side).....

GlobeTrekker

Was TTC in end 2008 to early 2009 without success, my wife suggested to see a TCM to "Tiao Sen". Through some recommendations, we went to see Physician Su, she prescribed some medicine supposedly to "warm" the womb. Within the same month, my wife got pregnant, not sure whether it's because the medicine worked or pure coincidence.

Blk 152 Bukit Batok West Ave 6 St.11 #01-266.
Tel : 6896 1618
Physician Su

After the pregnancy, my wife continued to visit her until end of 2nd trimester. There was one occasion Physician Su spotted the "Mi" not good compared to our last visit and asked whether my wife is having problem sleeping. Indeed it was due to my wife working night job the day before.

My BB is born above 3kg, very alert with APGAR score of 10, and good bone structure. While I can't surely say it's due to TCM, I'll definitely be going back to Physician Su if I am trying my No. 2.

HI Lawla, thank you for the motivation ..
Now i also dont know what is the cause of my problem. My check up was fine in everything, just that i havent done the HSG test , may be i will to do so after this month of trying . My mentrual cycle was quite regular, thats why all along i thought i am able to conceive. Most of the time ppl keep asking me when i wanna get pregnant, go this doc go to that sinseh, pray to this god pray to that god.. ,these few months i was quite depresses , everytime my AF came ,i felt quite depressed and even cried. We even went travelling to try , but still no good news..
May be god wanna test my patience but i really dont know what wrong with me , i can wait patiently, but my mother in law cannot.
sorry for the ranting .. i dont mean to be negative here..
i have a friend also having the same problem, and we were saying that some people dont want children, one strike can get already, for us,who are so desperate to get one, have to go through all this..
IceJelly2010, don't worry you are not alone. I am also going through the same thing. I agree with you people who dont want kids can have many, people who loves kids have to go through so much to get one. Let's us Jia You...Take good care.

Tig&P

paging for TIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG~

did you watch the chnl 8 charity show on sun????

you can refer to my Ting Ji's thread........

my hubby ask me to try try~
Hi lawla,
sorry to keep u waited for so long.... my now seldom come to this thread liao... i'm singapore motherhood.....(shiseru & crown also there too).

btw, i can't find ur tong ji thread thread leh, can give me d link mah?

How is ur TOng Ji visit on Fri ahr? U not gog to Dr Zou liao ahr?

Me still the same... still ttcing... but at least my temp is getting higher not as low as it use to be..... Aso my AF cycle getting better n better, 35-38 days only.. (used to be 50++days one):Dancing_wub:

crankywoman

Hi lawla,
sorry to keep you waited for so long.... my now seldom come to this thread ... i'm singapore motherhood.....(shiseru & crown also there too).

btw, i can't find your tong ji thread thread , can give me d link mah?

How is your TOng Ji visit on Fri ahr? you not gog to Dr Zou ahr?

Me still the same... still ttcing... but at least my temp is getting higher not as low as it use to be..... Aso my AF cycle getting better n better, 35-38 days only.. (used to be 50++days one):Dancing_wub:
Hi, i'm new to here... my temp is also very low during ovaluation days too.. all below 37.. shld it be over 37 during those days?

lawla12

Hi lawla,
sorry to keep you waited for so long.... my now seldom come to this thread ... i'm singapore motherhood.....(shiseru & crown also there too).

btw, i can't find your tong ji thread thread , can give me d link mah?

How is your TOng Ji visit on Fri ahr? you not gog to Dr Zou ahr?

Oooh......

the Tong Ji link is

http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f7/singapore-thong-chai-medical-tong-ji-34104/

me nv go down to AMK leeeee....but so far, i've seen Tong Ji once only......suppose to go last week but i'm having my year-end closing, i really haf no time to take leave ....my idiot mgr oso wont approve my 1/2day too.......so no choice, i've to gif up tis cycle n start seeing Tong Ji for my next cycle....anyway, tis cycle oso not good laaa, i'm sick for 1week....super sianz...been working non-stop since last sun.....i'm working now too....

yes, my AF cycle did improve alot when i see Dr Zou (AMK)....from 45-50+days to 33-37days.....but my temp is still low...i did tell Dr Zou abt it n she say she will prescrible me smting for my temp....but b4 i can see the results, i switch sinseh liaooo.......i'm abit reluctant to switch to Tong Ji since i can see some improvements in my AF cycle.....but hubby ask me to try Tong Ji after tat charity show.......

will update the Tong Ji thread when i visit them for my next cycle yaaa...

Jia You Jia You tiggggggggg :tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

Tig&P

Hi, i'm new to here... my temp is also very low during ovaluation days too.. all below 37.. shld it be over 37 during those days?
Hi Crankywoman... temp after O shd spike high. Then after implantation, best is temp must be 36.6 onwards... These 2 mths, my bbt after O & implantation is at least 36.6-37.1, so i feel that it is a gd improvement. :red:

Oooh......

the Tong Ji link is

http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f7/singapore-thong-chai-medical-tong-ji-34104/

me never go down to AMK leeeee....but so far, i've seen Tong Ji once only......suppose to go last week but i'm having my year-end closing, i really have no time to take leave ....my idiot mgr also wont approve my 1/2day too.......so no choice, i've to give up tis cycle n start seeing Tong Ji for my next cycle....anyway, tis cycle also not good laaa, i'm sick for 1week....super sianz...been working non-stop since last sun.....i'm working now too....

yes, my AF cycle did improve alot when i see Dr Zou (AMK)....from 45-50+days to 33-37days.....but my temp is still low...i did tell Dr Zou about it n she say she will prescrible me smting for my temp....but before i can see the results, i switch sinseh liaooo.......i'm abit reluctant to switch to Tong Ji since i can see some improvements in my AF cycle.....but hubby ask me to try Tong Ji after that charity show.......

will update the Tong Ji thread when i visit them for my next cycle yaaa...

Jia You Jia You tiggggggggg :tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:
Lawla, will ur hubby join u for the Tong Ji trip? think it's best that both of u go let the sinseh check rather than only u... I know abt Tong Ji Hosp, quite alot of pple go there.. but u may hv to take leave to go everytime leh cos it's a sort of a charity hosp so lots of pple go there one leh....

Keep me updated of ur experience there, k? Hope it work well on you! Jia U!:Dancing_wub:

lawla12

Lawla, will your hubby join you for the Tong Ji trip? think it's best that both of you go let the sinseh check rather than only you... I know about Tong Ji hospital, quite alot of pple go there.. but you may have to take leave to go everytime cos it's a sort of a charity hospital so lots of pple go there one ....

Keep me updated of your experience there, k? Hope it work well on you! Jia you!:Dancing_wub:

yaaaa...tats 1 of my main concerns too......i dun haf so many leaves......i've to wake up at 6.15am n leave home at 6.50am in order to reach Tong Ji at 7.30am by cab .....my cab fare is $30....i stay quite far away from Tong Ji yaaaa.....

i've to see the sinseh twice a mth...so assume i take 1/2day each time, so i've to take 1 day per mth......very tiring too cos i've to take (AM)leave, noon time return to work.....

so far i went there once only...i finish evyting including collection of med at 9.30am.....reach home at 10.45am....cant sleep cos i've to go to work at 12.15pm.....the timing like "not here or there".....sighz....

duno how long i can last to see the sinseh @ Tong Ji ya.....i juz try my best baaaa......

i intend to try till end of the year b4 deciding wanna do IVF......

Tig&P

yaaaa...tats 1 of my main concerns too......i dont have so many leaves......i've to wake up at 6.15am n leave home at 6.50am in order to reach Tong Ji at 7.30am by cab .....my cab fare is $30....i stay quite far away from Tong Ji yaaaa.....

i've to see the sinseh twice a month...so assume i take 1/2day each time, so i've to take 1 day per month......very tiring too cos i've to take (AM)leave, noon time return to work.....

so far i went there once only...i finish evyting including collection of med at 9.30am.....reach home at 10.45am....cant sleep cos i've to go to work at 12.15pm.....the timing like "not here or there".....sighz....

dont know how long i can last to see the sinseh @ Tong Ji ya.....i just try my best baaaa......

i intend to try till end of the year before deciding wanna do IVF......
me also give myself a deadline to see Dr Zou too... by end of this yr... me & hubby will stop our tcm with Dr Zou le... cos we may hv spent near to 8K by then le..
Then we can give up liao:embarrassed:

crankywoman

me also give myself a deadline to see Dr Zou too... by end of this yr... me & hubby will stop our traditional chinese medicine with Dr Zou ... cos we may have spent near to 8K by then ..
Then we can give up :embarrassed:
Hi Tig, you mean u've spend 8k seeing chinese docs??? infact i'm thinking of going to Tong Ji... do we have to make appt?

Tig&P

Hi Tig, you mean you've spend 8k seeing chinese docs??? infact i'm thinking of going to Tong Ji... do we have to make appt?
crankywoman, u mistaken le lah....
Dr Zou's charges is acuputure $25, medicine is $7-9 per day.
So wkly charges to go there + medi for my hubby & myself are abt $180 loh... So yrly abt near to 8K loh!:wong19: my piggy bank already burnt a big hole liao....

lawla12

me also give myself a deadline to see Dr Zou too... by end of this yr... me & hubby will stop our traditional chinese medicine with Dr Zou ... cos we may have spent near to 8K by then ..
Then we can give up :embarrassed:
crankywoman, you mistaken ....
Dr Zou's charges is acuputure $25, medicine is $7-9 per day.
So wkly charges to go there + medi for my hubby & myself are about $180 loh... So yrly about near to 8K loh!:wong19: my piggy bank already burnt a big hole ....

ya ya...the $$$$ slow ball to 8k.....

u gif up as in wif Dr Zou or u switch sinseh or u go back to western gynae???

Hi Tig, you mean you've spend 8k seeing chinese docs??? infact i'm thinking of going to Tong Ji... do we have to make appt?
no..u cant make appt.....its 1st come 1st serve....u can read up the Tong Ji post...i wrote the "story" there~ :001_302::001_302:

P4nic

is anyone seeing Ying Chuan traditional chinese medicine?
I went to Ying CHuan, under the advise of my colleague whose wife got pregnant for her #2 after seeing Ying Chuan for 3 mths. I went there last yr May.. was recommend to go Christopher Chen in Gleneagles for detailed check (very ex cost me $1K +) then back to Ying Chuan again.. on chinese medication since Jun2009.. was told i have PCOS... but sinseh said no need go operation as recommend by Dr Chen.. just took her chinese med will do.. so i continue her chinese med till .. hmmm.. Dec2009. no good news.. and i got really stress up with sinseh saying i should be able to conceive.. ask me try harder.. and everyday morn noon nite take med.. thus i give up in Dec2009.. stop the chinese med for 3 mths.. and i managed to conceive in Mar2010 naturally.. now i abt to go into my 2nd trim.

I think the main problems with us trying to conceive is we all get too stress up.. when i m stress.. i stress my hubby as well.. in the end although we did try.. but no results.. after that we decide.. we shun qi zi ran.. we gave up the chinese med.. then he also at the same time change a new job.. although this new job is also very stressful.. but we strike while he is serving his notice (during his honeymoon period).. so i think stress really take a toll on all of us.

But of coz say is easier than done.. coz i been thru the process of waiting.. pining.. hoping and disappointing.. plus i have ppl all around me pressuring me.. making it sound like i m not able to conceive.. its really hurting..

i just hope that all mummies here wun give up but at the same time.. relax urself.. i hope my baby dust can be spread to all of u..

Oh ya.. after i gave up on the chinese med.. i did use this lubricant called conceiveplus.. i bot it in jul or sep i think.. but nvr really use it diligently.. until i gave up the chinese med.. i tot by using the lubricant maybe can insert deeper and easier to conceive and it really helps! Maybe u all can give it a try~

MoMoMum

I agree with P4nic, i went to see Dr. Tan Lee Kee at Ying Chuan this morning, after reading some of the good comments about her, I decided to give it a shot. To find out if both me and my hubby as any problems. I find that Dr. Tan has some standard ans for the woman and the man. Woman - POC, Expanded uterus.... and for the Man - low quality sperm, ie headless sperm or low sperm count. She too, recommended us to see Dr. Christoper Chen at Gleneagles Hospital. I would like to highlight something very funny - the nurse and Dr Chen reassure me or to clear my doubts by saying : I am not related to Dr. Chen but I find him one of the most experienced doc who is willing to see the man problem and not just pinpoint the woman as the main problem, then when I was at the counter, the nurse also say : We are not related to Dr. Christopher Chen, we are only recommending him as he is a very experience doc. My question is : I have never doubt him as I have not seen him before, why is the doc and the nurse saying such comments to reassure their patients. This is something I would like to ask those who have visited Dr. Tan, did she say the same time to all of you??

I hope some kind souls will be able to enlighten this confused woman:err:. I find that after seeing Dr. Tan, both me and my hubby is more worried that we may not be able to conceive as we have so many problems????:shyxxx: I'm not sure if this is her standard ans or we really have some many problems in our body???

Thank you

P4nic

I agree with P4nic, i went to see Dr. Tan Lee Kee at Ying Chuan this morning, after reading some of the good comments about her, I decided to give it a shot. To find out if both me and my hubby as any problems. I find that Dr. Tan has some standard ans for the woman and the man. Woman - POC, Expanded uterus.... and for the Man - low quality sperm, ie headless sperm or low sperm count. She too, recommended us to see Dr. Christoper Chen at Gleneagles Hospital. I would like to highlight something very funny - the nurse and Dr Chen reassure me or to clear my doubts by saying : I am not related to Dr. Chen but I find him one of the most experienced doc who is willing to see the man problem and not just pinpoint the woman as the main problem, then when I was at the counter, the nurse also say : We are not related to Dr. Christopher Chen, we are only recommending him as he is a very experience doc. My question is : I have never doubt him as I have not seen him before, why is the doc and the nurse saying such comments to reassure their patients. This is something I would like to ask those who have visited Dr. Tan, did she say the same time to all of you??

I hope some kind souls will be able to enlighten this confused woman:err:. I find that after seeing Dr. Tan, both me and my hubby is more worried that we may not be able to conceive as we have so many problems????:shyxxx: I'm not sure if this is her standard ans or we really have some many problems in our body???

Thank you
Hi MoMoMum
Its true i agree this Dr Tan give some very standard ans to women like us.. PCOS la.. and for men.. low sperm counts la.. headless sperms la etc.. I went to this Christopher Chen.. his nurses also reassure me that they are not related but the thing is.. when i went over right i din mention anything on that i was referred by Dr Tan. I just said i wan go for fertility test.. then is the nurse who approached the topic 1st by asking me.. did any doc refer Dr Chen to us? then we say yes.. we are referred to Dr Chen by this chinese doc.. i din really rem her name then.. the nurse then ask me is it Dr Tan Lee Kee? Then i said not too sure since i cant rem.. then she ask me whether that doc got give me a paper stating her diagnosis etc.. which Dr Tan did gave me but she write till very messy i tot that is just a waste paper so i din bring it along.. so i said no have. hehehe.. then the nurse say.. next time if she give must bring along. i m also quite skeptical lo.. if Dr chen so good.. he can diagnose himself ma.. why need Dr Tan's that waste paper ???

Anyway he proceed to do some test on me~ then the 2nd visit on my hubby.. got some lab test results la.. so looks professional. He said i oso got PCOS.. of coz the thot of it is scary.. so i ask him whether can i still conceive? then he said i got old eggs.. older than my age.. will be difficult unless i go for operation to clear my womb.. then i ask him if i go for the operations.. after that can i conceive? then he said he cant vouch it but he said at lest my eggs will be as old as i m.. and not older.. -.-" but he did said Dr Tan medicine will help me.. she help him advertise and he help her advertise.

I spent about a thousand plus there lo.. to do those tests..
Then after that i went back to this Dr Tan.. she said i no need take any operation just eat her medicine will do.. and from then i took her medicine for like 6 - 7 mths.. no results.. during this period.. there was this period of time whereby my menses failed to come.. and my HPT was -ve.. then she referred me to this doc from CARE.. which is quite cheap.. i went there do blood test and V-scan to find out why no menses so long.. and happened to find a cyst but this cyst is not serious just take medicine and it clear.. Then i realised this doc from CARE oso do those tests which Christopher Chen do for me.. it could have been cheaper lo! But i heard stories of those couples who went to see Dr Tan and when she refer them to Dr Chen.. they say too ex and she got very angry and work up like she wan cheat them of the money like tat.

Anyway after seeing the doc, of coz both me n my hubby got worried lo.. esp me.. i wan a child so badly leh. And i got disappointed time after time when i see no results.. i decide to stop all these TCM treatments and stop seeing doc.. just try on my own and i manage to strike~ i think seeing these docs also add on to my stress and my expectation..

Oh ya i did refer a fren of mine to this Dr Tan and she said my fren got cysts in her womb so hard to conceive (not PCOS this time) and she advise her to see Dr Chen too. But my fren not very rich one.. so she decide to go to SATA just to do a scan and a test.. which cost i tink $100+ only and the scan all show she is perfectly fine.

I cant say whether Dr Tan is good or bad.. but her biz is definitely good.. if so many ppl willing to go back n see her.. maybe she does have her skills la.. and i managed to strike after stopping her medicine for 2 mths.. so perhaps prior to that the medicine did help? anyway.. no definite ans lo.. so its up to u whether to believe or not to believe in her.. :)