HELP! How to make your bb move so u can feel their movements??

iwan2noe

Hi mtbs/mummies who alr feel the movements of ur bb, can share some tips on how u engage with ur bb to make them move so that u can feel their movements?

Like tapping your tummy to 'alert' them to talk to u? Or u sing a song etc...

Alittle worried coz these 2 days dont feel my bb's movements..

HELP!!

apollo

yup when i was ard 20weeks preg, not everyday can feel those vigorous movements... only until 5mth + den confirm everyday can feel... if u're worried, mayb call up ur gynae?? or u wanna try 'starving' urself for awhile and see if BB will kick?

ilovemilk

I read that to encourage baby to move, you can drink something sweet and cold, like a glass of cold orange juice, then lie down quietly and wait for about 30 minutes and see if you can feel the baby move.

bellerichez

I read that to encourage baby to move, you can drink something sweet and cold, like a glass of cold orange juice, then lie down quietly and wait for about 30 minutes and see if you can feel the baby move.
No need to be cold. Just sweet drinks will do.

izanyzam

Hmm, ok..i will try..thanks for your your tips!
sometimes I am thinking if I have too much tummy fats that's why cant feel my baby's kicking... wahahaha:001_302:
I agree with you..I also thought that my belly has too much fats that is why it "cushions" my baby's movements but my gynae laughed at me saying that it depends on my baby's position,NOT my belly..!!

I noticed that baby will be active and start kicking and rolling when i first lie flat on my back then roll and lie down at my sides..It works everytime though sometimes i need to rub the sides of my belly to get him to respond..:001_302: He also doesnt seem to like it when im sitting up and leaning forwards,i think he gets squashed that way and will give me a kick near my ribs to remind me that hes inside..!!!

sufeit0115

I was like you worried how come my baby has lesser movements/kicks on some of the days when i was around 20 weeks....I checked with my gynae then she demonstrated to me using the ultrasound that even though i can "see" my baby moves on the screen but i couldn't feel them at all! She said depending on the baby's position & how strong the movements we may not be able to feel all their movements since baby is still relatively small at 20 weeks.

Now I'm close to 28 weeks, i can feel my baby's movements & strong kicks with fixed routine everyday. Generally he is more active at night than day!! So don't need to worry so much ya....But i feel talking to baby will help to wake them up, hehe...

karoru

i feel my baby strong movement a bit later, around 30 weeks... sometimes when i don feel his movement and get wori, i will sleep on my side... then he will start to move within 5 mins... maybe he don like me sleeping on my side... coz each time when i sleep on my side, he will move without failed... my hubby always scold me for disturbing him... hee...

iwan2noe

I was like you worried how come my baby has lesser movements/kicks on some of the days when i was around 20 weeks....I checked with my gynae then she demonstrated to me using the ultrasound that even though i can "see" my baby moves on the screen but i couldn't feel them at all! She said depending on the baby's position & how strong the movements we may not be able to feel all their movements since baby is still relatively small at 20 weeks.

Now I'm close to 28 weeks, i can feel my baby's movements & strong kicks with fixed routine everyday. Generally he is more active at night than day!! So dont't need to worry so much ya....But i feel talking to baby will help to wake them up, hehe...
Thanks sufeit0115, Thanks for re-assuring me :)
i think my baby also not so strong now to make me feel his/her kicking yet..
Hmm, btw, when you feel your baby's kickings, it is prone twds left/right/central?

Thanks for sharing and thanks for your advice =)

Last edited:

sufeit0115

Thanks sufeit0115, Thanks for re-assuring me :)
i think my baby also not so strong now to make me feel hix/her kicking yet..
Hmm, btw, when you feel your baby's kickings, it is prone twds left/right/central?

Thanks for sharing and thanks for your advice =)
Not at all, understand your concern cos i had been thru the same worries...Before 24 weeks, my baby seemed to kick more at left bottom side, after 24 weeks he is everywhere, sometimes left/right/central!! But guess every mum will experiences different.....

iwan2noe

Not at all, understand your concern cos i had been thru the same worries...Before 24 weeks, my baby seemed to kick more at left bottom side, after 24 weeks he is everywhere, sometimes left/right/central!! But guess every mum will experiences different.....
Hi sufeit0115,

Hee, these days my bb gal didnt really kick.. only feel slight 'vibrations'
but previously can feel stronger 'vibrations' more frequently. I usually feel the vibration on the centre or right side of my tummy...

think my bb is not so active.. haha

Fadeela

I dont have any movement of my baby till ard 26 weeks... Even during my
ultrasound on the 20 week my baby didnt want to move. Maybe it because they have alot of room during the early weeks....

But now at 34 week every single kick sometime make me un comfortable... and esp. sleeping on the side can make my baby knock a few time...

sufeit0115

Hi sufeit0115,

Hee, these days my baby gal didnt really kick.. only feel slight 'vibrations'
but previously can feel stronger 'vibrations' more frequently. I usually feel the vibration on the centre or right side of my tummy...

think my baby is not so active.. haha
hihi,

I also feel more "vibrations" than "kicks" lol, maybe becos i don't know how to differentiate between the two. You are only 21 weeks, so maybe some of the baby's movements are not strong enough for you to feel. Once your baby is bigger like from 24 weeks onwards, you will feel stronger movements!! :001_302: Also you will see your stomach changing shape too depending on the baby's position, hehe....

iwan2noe

hihi,

I also feel more "vibrations" than "kicks" lol, maybe becos i dont't know how to differentiate between the two. You are only 21 weeks, so maybe some of the baby's movements are not strong enough for you to feel. Once your baby is bigger like from 24 weeks onwards, you will feel stronger movements!! :001_302: Also you will see your stomach changing shape too depending on the baby's position, hehe....
ya! I do agree with u :) i am looking anxiously forward to my week 24 onwards ASAP...think first time mummies are all like that!

some babies are also not as active maybe that's why you feel less movements. i felt my boy from 16th weeks onwards and found out he's active type, there's good and bad about baby being active. i feel really happy cos can feel him early and enjoyed it till about 26week, after that i find that this active boy ALWAYS disturbs my rest and seems like my baby never sleep one, whole day also kick and can be quite painful when he kick my ribs.

hueychye79

some babies are also not as active maybe that's why you feel less movements. i felt my boy from 16th weeks onwards and found out he's active type, there's good and bad about baby being active. i feel really happy cos can feel him early and enjoyed it till about 26week, after that i find that this active boy ALWAYS disturbs my rest and seems like my baby never sleep one, whole day also kick and can be quite painful when he kick my ribs.
Hi HoneyLicious, I can totally understand your feeling.

And that is just a beggining.....

My 'boy' always hyper active especially at night, now even worst because I need to wake up 2-3 times at night to pass urine and is a bit difficult to sleep back... :err:

And I told my hubby, how come I still have black circle even sleep early... :embarrassed:

Now enter to 36 weeks, not much kicking from my 'boy' but always can see my tummy change shape.... Think not much space for him now...

Next weeks gynae will perform the GBS test for me, hope the result is good...

Pray hard my baby won't 'pop' before that....