How to sleep...

qingzi

As with many pregnant mothers in the third trimester, I'm having major problems with finding a comfortable sleeping position. (I'm 36 weeks)

I know many experts recommending sleeping on the left side, tucking a pillow here and there, etc.... which I do. Problem is, subconsciously I stay in the same exact position for the ENTIRE night, and I end up waking up with a shoulder-ache, knee-ache, hip-ache, backache, etc because I did not move at all throughout the night.

Does anyone have any other wonderful recommendations for sleeping? :embarrassed:

polopolo

I gues by 8th n 9th month, its hard to sleep well... I am different fr u, i dun stay at the same position and i usualy end up sleeping on my back (which is not recommended). Recently, i realised i have to elevate my head position so that my back n shoulder won't be aching.. Almost everyday i wud wake up several times in the night, cos i cun sleep well.... N i couldn't get back to sleep after i woke up...haiz... so i read books til i doze.... haha!!!

qingzi

I guess tt;s why many mums end up being so anal over their kids...cos of all this suffering we go thru when we're carrying them! :err:

Triquetra

As with many pregnant mothers in the third trimester, I'm having major problems with finding a comfortable sleeping position. (I'm 36 weeks)

I know many experts recommending sleeping on the left side, tucking a pillow here and there, etc.... which I do. Problem is, subconsciously I stay in the same exact position for the ENTIRE night, and I end up waking up with a shoulder-ache, knee-ache, hip-ache, backache, etc because I did not move at all throughout the night.

Does anyone have any other wonderful recommendations for sleeping? :embarrassed:
I think it's not really worth it to get a pregnancy pillow now since you are already 36 weeks.

Everyone adapts to different position, play around with your pillows and bolster to see which makes you feel most comfortable.

4 more weeks to go, hang in there! =)

pigletif

i can't sleep on either my left or right side for too long. cos i haven't fall asleep, i start to feel my tummy and back aching. So i still have to go back to sleeping on my back. Which is the best position.

u can try putting the pillow behind ur back when u sleeping on ur side.

-jOanna

Slp on the left 1st.. u feel uncomfy, turn to ur right.. uncomfy again den slp on ur back awhile den u will feel quite shiok, but turn to another side (left or right) after awhile cuz lie on ur back, bad for ur intestine and all.. :) i also duno how to slp :\ but muz force myself slp cuz gotta work..

Jerlene

Ya.. totally agree.is getting more difficult to slp.. especially if u have prob tossing left and right.. So far i have to slp on 2 pillows. So tat i can breathe easier. anyway have to endure another 1 mth..

stonston

When I was preggie I had 5 pillows.

I sleep on my side, so 1 pillow at my back to prop me, 2 pillows under my head so tt my neck & shoulder won't ache, 1 pillow between my legs/under my belly, 1 pillow to hug.

qingzi

When I was preggie I had 5 pillows.

I sleep on my side, so 1 pillow at my back to prop me, 2 pillows under my head so that my neck & shoulder won't ache, 1 pillow between my legs/under my belly, 1 pillow to hug.

Haha I hope my hubby doesn't get ousted off the bed when I do that!

stonston

Haha I hope my hubby doesn't get ousted off the bed when I do that!
Ours is a king size bed & we did not have any issues with space. End up my hb will wake up in the middle fo the night to make sure my pillows are still in place :)

Jerlene

Mine is also king size bed. And i dun have prob tossing left and rite. There is plenty of space for me... Just tat i cannot hug him to slp. I have to hug my bolster.

-jOanna

Mine is Queen size bed.. abit problem for me.. sometimes hubby took too much space i push him away haha :X

moonfairy

My baby is now 33 weeks. I feel uncomfortble with the pillow behind my back. I must flip from side to side a few times in one night. :err: I still have to get up from bed to go to the loo and recently the aches are getting worse. I can't wait for the little fella to pop out man.

-jOanna

My baby is now 33 weeks. I feel uncomfortble with the pillow behind my back. I must flip from side to side a few times in one night. :err: I still have to get up from bed to go to the loo and recently the aches are getting worse. I can't wait for the little fella to pop out man.
when the lil fella comes out.. u no time to slp le >_<

apollo

before preg, i preferred to slp on my tummy. so can u imagine how i survived for that 38weeks? haha! i tried to slp on my left but usually will wake up realising i've turn to my back... i couldnt care much on which position is good or not good, just slp which ever position i feel comfortable in :001_302:

bellerichez

before preg, i preferred to sleep on my tummy. so can you imagine how i survived for that 38weeks? haha! i tried to sleep on my left but usually will wake up realising i've turn to my back... i couldnt care much on which position is good or not good, just sleep which ever position i feel comfortable in :001_302:

Same. i love to sleep on my tummy too. I even continue sleeping on my tummy till i was around 5 month cos that time tummy still flat flat but now i can't. Nowadays i've got difficulties sleeping too. sometime it's really irritating cos i'm feeling very tired yet i can't seem to fall asleep.

hakisumi

Nowadays i've got difficulties sleeping too. sometime it's really irritating cos i'm feeling very tired yet i can't seem to fall asleep.

I feel u, belle.... i fall aslp abt 2-3am, wake up afew times in the middle of the night, wake up 8am..go market with in-laws.. afternoon also cant nap...i got very aching spine even b4 preggy, so now worst.. have to sleep in kind of like a awkward position so that go against the aching pain :elvis:

bellerichez

I feel you, belle.... i fall aslp about 2-3am, wake up afew times in the middle of the night, wake up 8am..go market with in-laws.. afternoon also cant nap...i got very aching spine even before preggy, so now worst.. have to sleep in kind of like a awkward position so that go against the aching pain :elvis:

Huh? Pregnant still must go market with in laws? Why afternoon can't nap? Gotta cook for in laws? Pregnant ladies should rest more, this is what my gynae told me. Did u tell ur hubby about your aching spine? Maybe can ask him massage your back a little for you?

jas16

I tend to sleep to my side, whether left or right doesn't matter.. however, I hate the sudden leg cramps. Those will make my scream, and my husband will keep asking me to relax while helping me pull my leg straight.. now he's going to Australia during my week 36, 37 for work, I'm worried about coping without him..