Induction vs C sect

PTB7476

mummy, I need advice. For my case cos of bb size / mild diabetes, bb is recommended to come out in either 37 or 38 weeks. Gynae suggest induce during period in between 37-38wks but I am not keen in induction cos a) longer process cos gynae said if check in 9am likely by next day bb will be deliver. It's next day!! B) no guarantee cervix will dilate and if after 2/3 attempt of inserting tablet etc no successful will have to c sect c) becos of long process worry it might be stressful for bb and again might lead to c sect d) heard the tablet used for induction has side effects not sure how true yet to research. So how many of you ESP those 2nd or 3rd time Mom chose induction over c sect and why ?

apollo

mummy, I need advice. For my case cos of baby size / mild diabetes, baby is recommended to come out in either 37 or 38 weeks. Gynae suggest induce during period in between 37-38wks but I am not keen in induction cos a) longer process cos gynae said if check in 9am likely by next day baby will be deliver. It's next day!! B) no guarantee cervix will dilate and if after 2/3 attempt of inserting tablet etc no successful will have to c sect c) becos of long process worry it might be stressful for baby and again might lead to c sect d) heard the tablet used for induction has side effects not sure how true yet to research. So how many of you ESP those 2nd or 3rd time Mom chose induction over c sect and why ?
Have u asked ur gynae whether 'the next day' means aft 12am or 24hrs later? he might be giving u a estimated time. cos the process is still depends on individual. i heard some ppl, they induce but within 10hrs (my fren's bb came out 4+hrs later haha), bb is out. while some, though they have dilated 1-2cm, but ended up bb only come out many hrs later or even stucked at the 1-2cm, ended up giving birth via c-sect. =)

PTB7476

Have you asked your gynae whether 'the next day' means after 12am or 24hrs later? he might be giving you a estimated time. cos the process is still depends on individual. i heard some ppl, they induce but within 10hrs (my friend's baby came out 4+hours later haha), baby is out. while some, though they have dilated 1-2cm, but ended up baby only come out many hours later or even stucked at the 1-2cm, ended up giving birth via c-sect. =)
:tlaugh:i dun think she dare to say it is after 12am or 24hrs later :tlaugh: anyway it is really up to individual on how fast they dilate... some fast some slow...it is a gamble... those who won will have shorter suffering ...those who lost will have to go thru emergency C sect after suffering for long hours :tlaugh: so far pple i know all ended up with Emergency C sect cos cervix just dun dilate and BB in distress already

apollo

:tlaugh:i dont think she dare to say it is after 12am or 24hrs later :tlaugh: anyway it is really up to individual on how fast they dilate... some fast some slow...it is a gamble... those who won will have shorter suffering ...those who lost will have to go thru emergency C sect after suffering for long hours :tlaugh: so far pple i know all ended up with Emergency C sect cos cervix just dont dilate and baby in distress already
my fren, for her #1, she was in pain more more than a day (more than 24hrs) and becos her bb wasnt well inside, i think due to the BP or sth, ended up emergency c-sect.

Some ppl, insist natural birth, will defintely go for a try to induce. For me, i'm v straight forward, i will ask my gynae which is better for my case, if c-sect is a better choice (for mummies who have medical issue), den just go for c-sect. but if everything is alright, den maybe can try induce 1st? but rmb, what's more impt is both mummy n bb's safety. =)

PTB7476

my friend, for her #1, she was in pain more more than a day (more than 24hrs) and becos her baby wasnt well inside, i think due to the BP or something, ended up emergency c-sect.

Some ppl, insist natural birth, will defintely go for a try to induce. For me, i'm very straight forward, i will ask my gynae which is better for my case, if c-sect is a better choice (for mummies who have medical issue), then just go for c-sect. but if everything is alright, then maybe can try induce 1st? but rmb, what's more impt is both mummy n baby's safety. =)
i too did asked the gynae when she said induce... which one is suitable, to her C sect take longer to heal.. tat's it but i am still not convince to go for induce :tlaugh:

for me , if natural,i confirm dun mind cos our body are in ready mode so most of the time things will go as per mother nature required however induction to me is...body not ready and i force it... if mother nature not co-operating then chiam hahaha... so i rather go under knife cos at least there are more control in a way. beside going under knife is ok for me cos i have been on one before of course everything is baby 1st whichever that is to bb benefits...will go ahead.. .

thepinkdot

by going under the knife.. have you considered that you might not feel good enough to care for your baby after the surgery? i'll suggest induction coz after that u will be up and about in a jiffy.

PTB7476

by going under the knife.. have you considered that you might not feel good enough to care for your baby after the surgery? i'll suggest induction coz after that you will be up and about in a jiffy.
yes that did come to my mind...but the thought of long process of induction and no guarantee that it might not lead to emergency C section...prompt me to go straight to C sect... and in anyway i have engaged CL to assist for 1 month ...my mom and MIL will around to help out...so i more preferred to go under the knife than induction :001_302:

angelwendy

yes that did come to my mind...but the thought of long process of induction and no guarantee that it might not lead to emergency C section...prompt me to go straight to C sect... and in anyway i have engaged CL to assist for 1 month ...my mom and mother in law will around to help out...so i more preferred to go under the knife than induction :001_302:
Actually like what u say.. is like a 50/50... but as for c sect... i did research before.. if u wan more than 1 baby.. when ur first one is c sect... 2nd also better to c sect also... because they say even when the wound is heal.. is still not good to go for normal birth if u planning for a 2nd bb...

As for my view... my aunt has 3 children.. all r induce.... & all is normal birth.. so it depends.. as for what u say.. i feel that u r already quite sure of what u wan.. :tlaugh:

joeybeadz

for me, i had BOTH induction and c-section.

Induction becos we thought I can have natural birth.. but dilution not big enough and more than 12 hours.. my hubby needed to go for exams haa.. so we took a break for another few hours and lucky he came back in time for my c-section. i think i was in the hospital for 18 hours.

lekdao

Actually like what you say.. is like a 50/50... but as for c sect... i did research before.. if you want more than 1 baby.. when your first one is c sect... 2nd also better to c sect also... because they say even when the wound is heal.. is still not good to go for normal birth if you planning for a 2nd baby...

As for my view... my aunt has 3 children.. all r induce.... & all is normal birth.. so it depends.. as for what you say.. i feel that you r already quite sure of what you want.. :tlaugh:

Its not say no good, but must let the wound heal and rest for at least 2 years or more after the the 1st birth. If less than 2 years, there is a chance that the wound might tear when you push.

My sister 1st baby was c-sect, the 2nd baby is natural birth and the gap is 2 years. I think the gynae will be in a better position to advise to go under the knife or natural when time comes.

Last edited:

angelwendy

Its not say no good, but must let the wound heal and rest for at least 2 years or more after the the 1st birth. If less than 2 years, there is a chance that the wound might tear when you push.

My sister 1st baby was c-sect, the 2nd baby is natural birth and the gap is 2 years. I think the gynae will be in a better position to advise to go under the knife or natural when time comes.
i agree with u... not say totally not good.. but is better to wait for longer time before having a second one.. because c sect wound.. not so fast totally heal... need some time...

P4nic

i think for induction depends on individual luck lo.. if heng heng.. few hours will be out.. but if suay.. like wad PTB say.. maybe take > 10 hours.. then sian lo.. u will sure in distress not to even say the baby.

If c-sect.. the only worry is after that it takes longer to heal and for ur subsequent birth.. u may have to go c-sect again instead of natural lo.

I think depends on what u really want. Induction can be very painful i heard.
But if PTB is ok with c-sect.. just go with ur heart~

37-38 weeks coming soon! around 3-4 weeks time? wow excited!

PTB7476

i think for induction depends on individual luck .. if lucky lucky.. few hours will be out.. but if suay.. like what PTB say.. maybe take > 10 hours.. then sian .. you will sure in distress not to even say the baby.

If c-sect.. the only worry is after that it takes longer to heal and for your subsequent birth.. you may have to go c-sect again instead of natural .

I think depends on what you really want. Induction can be very painful i heard.
But if PTB is ok with c-sect.. just go with your heart~

37-38 weeks coming soon! around 3-4 weeks time? wow excited!
yes you are right...it really depend on individual...my main concern is not me in distress but the BB and i dun really care whether there will be subsequent birth and required c sect again... i only care about now...why think so far about subsequent birth :001_302:

yah... suddenly from more than a month to go ...now suddenly left with one month... got caught unexpected :tlaugh: now rushing to wash all BB clothes etc and make sure i have finished all my shopping...this coming BB fair... will finish buying whatever that is still outstanding :tlaugh:

P4nic

haha i will wash my baby clothes soon~ haven wash yet. my nursery room still half way thru only. Cot not in yet.. hehe hopefully can buy whatever i need this coming fair~

yes you are right...it really depend on individual...my main concern is not me in distress but the baby and i dont really care whether there will be subsequent birth and required c sect again... i only care about now...why think so far about subsequent birth :001_302:

yah... suddenly from more than a month to go ...now suddenly left with one month... got caught unexpected :tlaugh: now rushing to wash all baby clothes etc and make sure i have finished all my shopping...this coming baby fair... will finish buying whatever that is still outstanding :tlaugh:

PTB7476

haha i will wash my baby clothes soon~ have not wash yet. my nursery room still half way thru only. Cot not in yet.. hehe hopefully can buy whatever i need this coming fair~
my cot only arrive next week... i only managed to wash the bedsheet, bumper, blanket etc during one of the hot day and now all in ziplock bag:tlaugh: next to wash is the clothes :tlaugh:

PTB7476

i have not touch on washing yet lolz.
Do you get an extra bedding set for your cot?
yes i did ...u never know when it will get dirty and will it be cleaned and dried fast...given that year end is expected to be rainy season...so i got quite a fair bit of extra items :p

P4nic

yes i did ...you never know when it will get dirty and will it be cleaned and dried fast...given that year end is expected to be rainy season...so i got quite a fair bit of extra items :p
I think so too! better to get extra then to rush to get them later on~

moncheri03

I think so too! better to get extra then to rush to get them later on~
May i know where can i get extra cover set for the bumper and baby comforter?
I know dept stores sell baby pillow cover and bedsheet but don;t think i come across cover for the bumper or comforter.

Thanks

PTB7476

May i know where can i get extra cover set for the bumper and baby comforter?
I know dept stores sell baby pillow cover and bedsheet but dont;t think i come across cover for the bumper or comforter.

Thanks
robinson, kiddy palace , john little all sell that... anyway there's bb fair this weekend.. i believe they will sell that too