Induction vs C sect

joeybeadz

dont worry about getting bumper so early, if cannot find its ok.. baby will only need it when they learn how to turn. - about 3 months. so you still have time

apollo

dont worry about getting bumper so early, if cannot find its ok.. baby will only need it when they learn how to turn. - about 3 months. so you still have time
true.. in fact, we took out the bumper when ds was back from hospital. cos we cant see what he is doing in the cot if we lie down on our bed. haha :tlaugh:

joeybeadz

true.. in fact, we took out the bumper when dear son was back from hospital. cos we cant see what he is doing in the cot if we lie down on our bed. haha :tlaugh:
haa.. totally true.. anyway, that was the easiest time to change their diaper. when they start to toss and turn.. wah.. must use the faster way to change... now even have to change when they turn, cos they dont want to lie on their back.. haa

PTB7476

true.. in fact, we took out the bumper when dear son was back from hospital. cos we cant see what he is doing in the cot if we lie down on our bed. haha :tlaugh:
Even though I bought the bumper but I still hesitate whether to put it or not cos like u guys said can see what bb is doing and I also worry it is too hot for Bb no ventilation

moncheri03

Even though I bought the bumper but I still hesitate whether to put it or not cos like you guys said can see what baby is doing and I also worry it is too hot for baby no ventilation
Oh, my bumper, comforter, pillow come in a set with the baby cot. So i guess have to store them aside for the time being.
Need to ask experience mummies, i'm afraid the baby will leak urine / poo as i'll be giving him cloth nappy with diaper cover (the traditional type) during daytime. I do have a changing mat when doing the changing for the nappy. But do mummies still put the changing mat or some protection cover on the cot when the baby sleep to prevent staining the bedsheet/mattress?
I'm kiasu, got a waterproof mattress protector to place inbetween the mattress and bedsheet but now afriaid will stain the bedsheet do so many washing.:nah:

apollo

Oh, my bumper, comforter, pillow come in a set with the baby cot. So i guess have to store them aside for the time being.
Need to ask experience mummies, i'm afraid the baby will leak urine / poo as i'll be giving him cloth nappy with diaper cover (the traditional type) during daytime. I do have a changing mat when doing the changing for the nappy. But do mummies still put the changing mat or some protection cover on the cot when the baby sleep to prevent staining the bedsheet/mattress?
I'm kiasu, got a waterproof mattress protector to place inbetween the mattress and bedsheet but now afriaid will stain the bedsheet do so many washing.:nah:
we dun put changing mat for ds to slp on it. cos will be v hot for them. babies temp is alrdy v higher =)

Actually not all induction may take a long time. For my first boy, was induced at 39 weeks 6 days cos almost full term still dun wan to come out, started at 9am and he came out by 3pm on the same day. But I dun really rem them inserting any pills for induction, more like drips.

For the case of a close gf, she had to be induced at 38weeks cos amiotic fluid low, gynae inserted a pill for her to start dilation and she walked around town for almost a day to try to speed up dilation, but din't work out until next day.

PTB7476

Actually not all induction may take a long time. For my first boy, was induced at 39 weeks 6 days cos almost full term still dont want to come out, started at 9am and he came out by 3pm on the same day. But I dont really rem them inserting any pills for induction, more like drips.

For the case of a close gf, she had to be induced at 38weeks cos amiotic fluid low, gynae inserted a pill for her to start dilation and she walked around town for almost a day to try to speed up dilation, but did not't work out until next day.
as mentioned before it's all up to individual. some lucky one will get it over in short period some is a prolong period...for my colleagues all had prolong period and some even ended up emergency C sect cos BB in distress already

joeybeadz

waterproof mattress protector very hot leh.
what I do was, I just put the changing mat on the baby bottom. some changing mat are very cooling one.. can get from pigeon, tollyjoy..those traditional kind which u can use both sides.. hmm.. i dunno what it is called.. but u will know when u see it. :)

apollo

as mentioned before it's all up to individual. some lucky one will get it over in short period some is a prolong period...for my colleagues all had prolong period and some even ended up emergency C sect cos baby in distress already
my cousin also have the same 'problem' as u, quite similar cos tt time she has pass her edd (though u're not), no sign of contractions, gynae asked her to choose btwn induce or c-sect. but her gynae told her if induce fail, means emergency c-sect. she dun wanna pay for both normal delivery n emergency c-sect, so she just go for c-sect.

like u said, some ppl lucky, even cervix not dilated but still able to delivery within short time aft induce while some, they cant. so now, i think best is to discuss with ur hub and gynae, which way is the best for u. Once again, mummy n baby safety is much more impt than the method of delivery. =)

moncheri03

my cousin also have the same 'problem' as you, quite similar cos that time she has pass her edd (though you're not), no sign of contractions, gynae asked her to choose btwn induce or c-sect. but her gynae told her if induce fail, means emergency c-sect. she dont wanna pay for both normal delivery n emergency c-sect, so she just go for c-sect.

like you said, some ppl lucky, even cervix not dilated but still able to delivery within short time after induce while some, they cant. so now, i think best is to discuss with your hub and gynae, which way is the best for you. Once again, mummy n baby safety is much more impt than the method of delivery. =)
No win win situation, we woman still have to "suffer" no matter which option we choose!:err:

PTB7476

my cousin also have the same 'problem' as you, quite similar cos that time she has pass her edd (though you're not), no sign of contractions, gynae asked her to choose btwn induce or c-sect. but her gynae told her if induce fail, means emergency c-sect. she dont wanna pay for both normal delivery n emergency c-sect, so she just go for c-sect.

like you said, some ppl lucky, even cervix not dilated but still able to delivery within short time after induce while some, they cant. so now, i think best is to discuss with your hub and gynae, which way is the best for you. Once again, mummy n baby safety is much more impt than the method of delivery. =)
yah... had discussed with hubby and both of us decided to go straight to C sect... we not keen to put myself and BB through worst case scenario ..prolong suffering and distress :001_302: will inform gynae of our decision next visit... though i think gynae prefer induce...dunno why

apollo

No win win situation, we woman still have to "suffer" no matter which option we choose!:err:
yup.. but to some ppl, they might tot c-sect is easier cos dont nd to suffer from contractions pain (for those who went thru scheduled c-sect(. my gynae told me b4, natural birth mummies suffer during contractions but recover faster. c-sect mummies dont feel the pain when bb is being carried out but aft tt, mummy will be in pain for sometime. giving birth is PAIN, no matter which way we choose. hahahahaha!

yah... had discussed with hubby and both of us decided to go straight to C sect... we not keen to put myself and baby through worst case scenario ..prolong suffering and distress :001_302: will inform gynae of our decision next visit... though i think gynae prefer induce...dont know why
actu most gynaes prefer their patients to go thru natural birth, tt's y.. =)

oso for c-sect, i heard cos of the pain after delivery, u may feel difficulty breastfeeding initially, since baby gotta rest on ur tummy when u hold him... but that is if u intend to breastfeed....

and don't forget that if ur first is gona be c-sect, subsequent delivery will most likely have to be c-sect oso cos there can be some risk involved if u do vbac...

PTB7476

yup.. but to some ppl, they might thought c-sect is easier cos dont need to suffer from contractions pain (for those who went thru scheduled c-sect(. my gynae told me before, natural birth mummies suffer during contractions but recover faster. c-sect mummies dont feel the pain when baby is being carried out but after that, mummy will be in pain for sometime. giving birth is PAIN, no matter which way we choose. hahahahaha!

actually most gynaes prefer their patients to go thru natural birth, that's y.. =)
but induce already not natural already :tlaugh:

PTB7476

also for c-sect, i heard cos of the pain after delivery, you may feel difficulty breastfeeding initially, since baby gotta rest on your tummy when you hold him... but that is if you intend to breastfeed....

and dont't forget that if your first is gona be c-sect, subsequent delivery will most likely have to be c-sect also cos there can be some risk involved if you do vbac...
guess that is when nursing pillow will come in handy :tlaugh:
anyway ...my main concern is now... why think so far about subsequent birth ?

apollo

guess that is when nursing pillow will come in handy :tlaugh:
anyway ...my main concern is now... why think so far about subsequent birth ?
yup, must prepare a nursing pillow. it really helps. even for those who go for natural, nursing pillow also helps i think.

apollo

wah i still thinking whether to get the nursing pillow or not~ tink maybe just get it ..
nursing pillow not bad. not only mummy can use when bb is older, lik 3-4 mth old, can use to tilt them up. quite useful but i only use for a few mth and nw is in the storeroom. :tlaugh: