Society, NPO and Charity for young single parents and their children

masayuki

Re: Answer from MCYS

Thanks Ting and Sam ;)
So the perks are the cash bonus and CDC if I can find a dear husband to adopt my child tog. before he turns 6 yrs old... hehee, sorry, i just find it funny... I have never won in any lucky draw... so really need the divine intervention to find this Mr Right who can accept this package of 1+1 in 6 yrs time... meantime, better depend on own self to work harder for more $$$ ;)
Hey, have a positive attitude! God has a plan for your life! :D

Below is just some light hearted talk (Please dont't get offended!):
How bout this? I find a few more guys and we put ourselves as prizes for a lucky draw? The (in)famous 1+1 w/adoption in 6 years time lucky draw?

:tlaugh:

Ting

awkward, might be a little confusing....

Ya, the $6k is from the child's point of view:
Mummy and Daddy give me my $4k, put additional $6k of their own money into my account and the govt top up my CDA with another $6K.....

Most parents would be like $4k grant + $2k additional cash put into CDA and CDA becomes $12k....

hmmmmmm.. means... no matter what, gov only top up 6K right? plus the 6K (extra from parents) n 4K (cash grant) it will be 16K maah..
unless 4K(gov)plus $2K (extra from parents) plus gov 6K then is $12K....

sorry~ cos i think dun make sense on your explainations...:shyxxx:

Ting

Thanks Ting and Sam ;)
So the perks are the cash bonus and CDC if I can find a dear husband to adopt my child tog. before he turns 6 yrs old... hehee, sorry, i just find it funny... I have never won in any lucky draw... so really need the divine intervention to find this Mr Right who can accept this package of 1+1 in 6 yrs time... meantime, better depend on own self to work harder for more $$$ ;)
dun worry too much.
if it happens, it happens.
i found one after 2 years. im sure u can too! :)
dun see it as a +1 is a burden, is a BONUS for that lucky guy!
even my bf thinks he is lucky cos he have pin. :001_302:

masayuki

dont see it as a +1 is a burden, is a BONUS for that lucky guy!
I think so too.... Your Pin is so cute.... I read the post about the mummy say cannot eat part.... and your dad still tempt her.... haha.... really cute....

JoyBliss

Hey, have a positive attitude! God has a plan for your life! :D

Below is just some light hearted talk (Please dont't get offended!):
How bout this? I find a few more guys and we put ourselves as prizes for a lucky draw? The (in)famous 1+1 w/adoption in 6 years time lucky draw?

:tlaugh:
hahahahaha.... that's a good one! Mummies, prospective Husbands for "lucky draw" in 6 yrs time on 16-Oct-2014 !

On a more positive note, no point thinking about it lar. Come out may. It happens it happen, can't force de :001_302:

JoyBliss

dont worry too much.
if it happens, it happens.
i found one after 2 years. im sure you can too! :)
dont see it as a +1 is a burden, is a BONUS for that lucky guy!
Ya Ting!! Totally Agree with you!! :red::red::red:

diymummy

Ting, hope my explanation won't confuse you further

(1) Cash bonus - $4k - paid into either mummy's or daddy's bank account. You can use this cash anyway you want.
(2) CDA - $6k govt match dollar for dollar - can only set up with OCBC or Standard Chartered. ATM card given but not allowed to draw from ATM. Can only used to deduct at govt approved clinics or CCC.

So it'll be $4k from govt + $6k from parents, to get + $6k from govt.
Total will be $10k from govt and $6k from parents

JoyBliss

Yep, and as Sam has shared,

Parents may use this cash bonu-$4K to top up the CDA as well (instead of putting it in their own bank accounts). At the SAME time, parent fork out own money of $2K to top up the CDA too. So total amount $6K into child CDA.

Then Govt will auto-top up another $6K into child CDA too... so total, $12K in child CDA.

End of day: Govt has contributed $4+$6=$10K (still), and parents $2K (only).

Ting

yup tts my theory.
cos at first i count how come 6K+6K+4K= 12K!
haha,
now i understand.
meaning i can take the 4K gov give n put into the CDA acc n top up 2K so the gov will give pin another 6K into her cda acc right??
cos i was confuse thinking the 4K is auto put in CDA acc. hahahaha~ now i understand!
thanks!

Ting

I think so too.... Your Pin is so cute.... I read the post about the mummy say cannot eat part.... and your dad still tempt her.... haha.... really cute....
yeah she is very cute, but also a monster.... grrrrr~:shyxxx:

masayuki

Dear all,

I have more or less summed up a Phase I proposal for interested parties.

As for my side, working with Ginny in the lead, we have gotten some media involvement. Will update again when I can.

Anyone who wants to join us in forming the society can contact me @ 84187420 or by my email at samuel.foong@search.per.sg

Please help us by informing others who may be interested to join us.

Samuel

Last edited:

Ting

Dear all,

I have more or less summed up a Phase I proposal for interested parties.
Please download at filehosting.org - free unlimited filehosting

As for my side, working with Ginny in the lead, we have gotten some media involvement. Will update again when I can.

Anyone who wants to join us in forming the society can contact me @ 84187420 or by my email at samuel.foong@search.per.sg

Please help us by informing others who may be interested to join us.

Samuel
thanks~:001_302:

btw masayuki... if u are gg to write in to mcys/ MOM... was wondering if u could help to ask abt the paid leaves for unwed mummies?

unwed mum only get 2 days childcare leave but married mums get 6. does tt mean that children of unwed mums get sick lesser? or do unwed mums children need lesser attention compared to married mums?

same for paid maternity leave.. unwed mums get one mth lesser than married mums. is it not discrimination towards unmarried mum & child? is this not a case of unfair treatment??

thanks!

Ting

btw masayuki... if you are gg to write in to mcys/ MOM... was wondering if you could help to ask about the paid leaves for unwed mummies?

unwed mum only get 2 days childcare leave but married mums get 6. does that mean that children of unwed mums get sick lesser? or do unwed mums children need lesser attention compared to married mums?

same for paid maternity leave.. unwed mums get one month lesser than married mums. is it not discrimination towards unmarried mum & child? is this not a case of unfair treatment??

thanks!
:red:
good qns~

masayuki

btw masayuki... if you are gg to write in to mcys/ MOM... was wondering if you could help to ask about the paid leaves for unwed mummies?

unwed mum only get 2 days childcare leave but married mums get 6. does that mean that children of unwed mums get sick lesser? or do unwed mums children need lesser attention compared to married mums?

same for paid maternity leave.. unwed mums get one month lesser than married mums. is it not discrimination towards unmarried mum & child? is this not a case of unfair treatment??

thanks!
Hi little_rabbit,

This would also be one of the things we would be touching about....
Maybe could somehow bring it up during the "media thing".... Don't know if they would cut out any part questioning government policies....

All these that you have mentioned ultimately disadvantages the child, so I feel is worth a re-look....

Samuel

tks Samuel. yah.. most likely they may claim that the additional leaves are also part of some government schemes.. are u doing a press release? perhaps the headlines should be something like "Are unwed mothers 2nd class citizens?".. hehee.. just a suggestion...dont qoute me hor!

masayuki

thanks Samuel. yah.. most likely they may claim that the additional leaves are also part of some government schemes.. are you doing a press release? perhaps the headlines should be something like "Are unwed mothers 2nd class citizens?".. hehee.. just a suggestion...dont qoute me !
Nah, not a press release.... Depending on when we actually register the society and depending on how we play it, we might get featured on a tv slot, that's all I can say for now....