TMC current visiting policy

apollo

ermm actu i think they also charge for the so-called goodie bags... nth isfee in the world, they just didnt charge them seperately, maybe include the fee in the 'baby fees'

tika

ya ... everything also probably will end up being chargable. :(

I think ALL hospitals have new visiting policies eversince H1N1 reached our shores. This is Singapore lehhh. A better be safe than sorry.... cautious country.

does anyone know if tmc provide those hotel like disposable slippers? wat abt bathing towels n toiletries?

first pack of diapers tmc open also chargable??

-jOanna

i asked my friend she gave birth at TMC last yr may also 2 visitors rule ._. hubby can't stay in 2-bedded room together with wife even though the next bed got nobody..

Eh tika & regina,

That time when hubby was with me, he needed a pass too lor. They say he consider visitor as well. Sian right?

I dunno if diapers and goodie bag got charge or not, but hor, I manage to cheat the goodie bag. Hahaha, but not on purpose 1 lah... 1st day I saw the goodie bag below baby's bed tray den I ask hubby to bring back. Next day I saw another bag below, den I ask hubby bring back again. Den when I discharge, they gave me another 1. I think they tot I dun have it.

EH, I very typical Singaporean, free 1 why dun take?

Anyway at TMC, you gotta bring everything yourself, toiletries, towels, night wear.

rainypink

Eh tika & regina,

That time when hubby was with me, he needed a pass too . They say he consider visitor as well. Sian right?

I dont know if diapers and goodie bag got charge or not, but , I manage to cheat the goodie bag. Hahaha, but not on purpose 1 ... 1st day I saw the goodie bag below baby's bed tray then I ask hubby to bring back. Next day I saw another bag below, then I ask hubby bring back again. then when I discharge, they gave me another 1. I think they thought I dont have it.

EH, I very typical Singaporean, free 1 why dont take?

Anyway at Thomson Medical Center, you gotta bring everything yourself, toiletries, towels, night wear.
so funny lah you!!! haha :Dancing_tongue:

tika

you super steady lahh you. then go back time your hubby carry 3 lime green thomson baby bags aah? wahahhaha.

tika

I got headache already. My csect is tomoro and so many ppl msg me say they want to come to hospital. No confidence in smuggling them in. Plus if im not mistaken i saw a sign that says visiting hours is strictly 12-2pm and 6-8pm. If like that then smuggling ppl in will be difficult man. Too little time and too many visitors!

mich...the last time you deliver is when exactly aah?

-jOanna

they can go 2 at the same time inside the ward to see u ma... :) KK not so strict also cuz that time i hospitalized for H1N1 my hubby stayed wif my from 12noon til night 11pm.. lol..

Sian, a wife need most is husband always by her side... Actually should at least opt out the husband as 1 visitor... Hope things get better b4 my wife due in dec.

tika

im staying in a single bedded now. So far hubby smuggle 6 ppl in already. I think they are more lenient for 1 bedded cos other patients rest is not being disturbed. Even my 17 month old dotter sleep with us at the hospi. Nurse said she close 1 eye. Daddysian u opting for how many bedded?

I got headache already. My csect is tomoro and so many ppl msg me say they want to come to hospital. No confidence in smuggling them in. Plus if im not mistaken i saw a sign that says visiting hours is strictly 12-2pm and 6-8pm. If like that then smuggling ppl in will be difficult man. Too little time and too many visitors!

mich...the last time you deliver is when exactly aah?
Paisei, jus saw ur post. It was 16/05/2009. Yeah, they very strict on visiting hours...

I afraid i can only afford the free upgrade to 2 bedded only. Btw, does payment got to settle on the day of discharge or after that still can make it?

does anyone know if Thomson Medical Center provide those hotel like disposable slippers? what about bathing towels and toiletries?

first pack of diapers Thomson Medical Center open also chargable??
I took a 1 bedded...
There was a pair of disposible slippers, and they provided colgate toothpaste & toothbrush for hubby..No shampoo/showergel though. Not sure if it was 'available upon request'. we brought our own anyways.
Can have max of 3 guests (excl hubby) when they arrive at different times. If it's like a big group of ppl arriving at 1 shot, they will strictly only allow 2 per time..

I agree with tika that Thomson Medical Center charges for everything. lol
Not sure about the diapers, but the cord spirit, cotton balls, the hand sanitizer, disposible change mats are chargerable. The most hilarious one is the chargerable vomit bowl...It's pretty funny.

tika

Can have max of 3 guests (excl hubby) when they arrive at different times. If it's like a big group of ppl arriving at 1 shot, they will strictly only allow 2 per time..
Heehee. My hubby smuggled 7 ppl into my ward. Afew nurses came in and none said anything. Only 1 said...wah..got party ah...never invite me. It was past 8.30pm furthermore. I think they are more lenient now.

I afraid i can only afford the free upgrade to 2 bedded only. Btw, does payment got to settle on the day of discharge or after that still can make it?

settle upon discharge. if got any excess or shortage, they will refund or ask you to make remaining payment afew days later.

mrsmorgan

I took a 1 bedded...
There was a pair of disposible slippers, and they provided colgate toothpaste & toothbrush for hubby..No shampoo/showergel though. Not sure if it was 'available upon request'. we brought our own anyways.

Not sure about the diapers, but the cord spirit, cotton balls, the hand sanitizer, disposible change mats are chargerable. The most hilarious one is the chargerable vomit bowl...It's pretty funny.
1 bedded also only 2 visitors at a time?? i thought they'd be more lenient.. hmm.. care to share hw much ur bill came up to? thks! =)

I took a 1 bedded...

u mean on top of ur toiletries, ur hubby also provided? did he stay with u as companion? besides toiletries, was he given a bed, n towels for his use?

its really nonsense to charge for vomit bowl, is it disposable?? or u can bring the bowl back??

how many pc of change pads did u use? i got plenty, can i jz bring my own?

tika

you mean on top of your toiletries, your hubby also provided? did he stay with you as companion? besides toiletries, was he given a bed, and towels for his use?
its really nonsense to charge for vomit bowl, is it disposable?? or you can bring the bowl back??

how many pc of change pads did you use? i got plenty, can i jz bring my own?
I did not see any vomit bowl in my single bedded ward, i did not use any vomit bowl either.

Cyanicebaby, did you ask for the bowl or was it already in your ward?

ONE toiletries pouch is provided. inside is toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, small shampoo and small shower gel. If mommy brings her own toiletries then daddy can use the toiletries in the pouch.

If you are a csect case, bring about 2 packs. I chged mine regularly and used up about 2 packs. I think for normal deliveries just bring 1 pack. But in case you ever run out of pads, you can always buy from Thomson Medical Center pharmacy downstairs.