We are TTC-ing!

TVH

You mean IUI needs to collect follicles too?? I thought it was just a scan like ultrasound. After the HSG test, I think I developed a phobia of anything foreign inserting to my erm....down there :(

Adrenalin

You mean IUI needs to collect follicles too?? I thought it was just a scan like ultrasound. After the HSG test, I think I developed a phobia of anything foreign inserting to my erm....down there :(
Iui was just a scan plus cathether and some jelly thing. Ivf then collect follicles.

I went to subfertility at Nuh with my hubby after 1 year of TTC with 2 failed IUIs. They detected my AMH is low at nuh so, we are currently wait listed for Ivf. Before we can proceed onto IVF at NUH, prof PC Wong makes couples attend Ivf lecture. There they showed us hands on, the needles and hormone bottles we will be using, as well as the giant needle they will insert to collect follicles from ovaries. It is from this talk.. Then my hb learnt to be a bit more considerate, cause he touched the collecting needle and realized it is about as long as his forearm. At iui & HSG.. He is not there to see what gets inserted where and etc. So before that he was very not sympathetic. He thought I was whining. :X
Totally understand the phobia. I 10000000... Times rather natural.

tricky

you gals are a brave lot...hoping for the very best for all of you. I have been reading all the pages and your experiences and I thank you for sharing !
TCCing is mad crazy, and I think it's starting to make me feel like I have obsessive behavior.

on another note. would you describe your early preg cramping symptoms as quite different from AF cramps ? less painful but you feel activity ?

Dragontail

We're surely not alone here :)

Yes they are similar. Can't really tell them apart except that I had them way too early in my DPO stage and also for me it was more intense (the preggie one) than the normal AF cramp. So I felt kinda fishy.

littlej

Hi adrenalin - sorry to hear about the not so fortunate visits. Glad all is cleared now :) in that case if you feel more comfortable with your hubby around then yes bring him! Takes two hands to clap and if you feel better with him there then he should be! :)

For me - before any procedure I got the doc and the nurses to talk to me. Talk to me about anything - weather also can. For hsg I asked the doc why he decided to specialize in radiology and what did he study etcetc - that made the whole process easier cuz I was distracted.

Dragontail - what kind of intense cramps? I thought I felt slight twinge on the right ovary and was feeling a bit nauseous yesterday but temp dip today so no chance. Maybe I was over imagining the twinge and I had too full a lunch.

Dear wanted to bd today - I told him blackout. He was like - oh ya. And looked a bit sad *uh oh*

And yes ttc has made me quite obsessive. I wonder will 走火入魔 or not....

littlehamster

Littlej: maybe ur temp dip is due to other factors like wind blow cold or no put blankie? Mine will leh. See how issit tmr.

I really admire everyone here going thru many procedures just for this moment. I told my hubby abt this he aso worry previously cos he himself v stressful job n may affect. He even say wan to go fertility test n say he is ok w the ego thing cos he wan kids too. I think most impt is both party need work together n be really understanding. Jiayou everyone!

Dragontail

Most of the time, I visit gynae alone, including my very last two visits (first visit doc said it was an empty sac. Second visit was he did a scan and assured me I've cleared all the tissues). My hubby is quite busy and I usually like to do gynae visits during weekdays. My first failed pregnancy I also went to do OSCAR alone. Hmm actually I dont really need him to be with me. I mean if his schedule allows, it will be lovely he's there. If not, I'm cool about it. But of course he's always with me, but just not always in a physical way.

The cramp I had during early pregnancy was like two-three folds of what I usually experience just before AF. My AF cramp is usually quite dull and light; not distinctive like a pain at a particular spot of the ab. But then everyone is different.... it might just be different for you!

Oh in fact we BD in the afternoon today. Before doing the deeds, hubby asked "this one do can catch or not?". As in can catch the egg or not. I told him "sorry the eggs closed for business already". I said this deed we gonna do has nothing to do with t-c-c. We did it anyway. ;p

I admit I'm obsessive with this t-c-c exercise. I cannot deny it. I will do temping, I will continue with t-c-m, I will watch what I eat, I will do the deeds and already told hubby from now on I will use a green highlighter to mark those dates we need to BD (we have monthly calendars pasted on our wardrobde doors), I will read my body signals and chart fertile signs. It will only stop till I hit the spot. At least till the end of timeline I give myself.

littlej

Wa dragontail u and hubby no need to work ah... Can have a luxurious lie in during the afternoon *jealous*

Ya I told dear that doc said no bd. then he said I am not going to be around next week already how can I be so "mean" (jokingly)... But ended up being frisky without penetration anyway :p

Then later after... He mentioned so does this mean we can only bd during that one or so week... And I was like see what doc says lor... Then he said why can't we just be natural about it, and said it was quite stressful and no longer fun and spontaneous keeping to an assigned schedule. y'know I just don't know what to say. I mean part of me understands where he is coming from. Part of me also know I agreed we won't follow the schedule next month . Yet there is also this other part whereby i just want a kid so badly. I wonder if I am stressing too much. And what if because of my obsessive behavior causes a strain in the relationship??

Dear then asked for next month - can we do without this stress. Just for one month - can there not be this weird woman with a thermometer in the mouth every morning and scheduled bd sessions and blackout. And he said he just missed the fun and spontaneous days. He looked quite woeful and giving me this puppy eye look... I was like eh... Ok lor we discuss tmr.

Sigh ladies - what is your suggestion? In a way I feel he is a bit selfish but in another way I also feel that now bd is more of a functional act than an emotional release. And he is also very stressed at work too.

Sorry for this outpouring.

Dragontail

This "luxury" wont last because I'm just working remotely from home for a few days as my company is in the midst of moving. New office is ready on Monday which means I gotta get up half hour earlier -_-. And my hubby happened to be home today so we couldn't just the opportunity slipped ;p

I see where he's coming from... and likewise from your good self. I would think one cycle without all these boggling theory might actually sound fun! I know it's not exactly easy to let go of all these t-c-c monitorings.... but seriously who knows it might actually be the right formula for you both? If it doesnt quite work out the way you like it, you can always toggle back (i mean he did say one month!). It's not easy too from a man's perspective when one is stressed at work. For this month's window, my hubby has work stress and exam stress. So I didnt make him BD too much. Only 3x! But I told him next window he wont be so lucky. lol.

Littlej

I quoted this paragraph from a useful website that teach us how to take note of our fertility window.. you and your hubby may want to try..
In this way, u will still get to enjoy the spontaneous fun u used to have in the past, without following any schedule...
hope u strike this cycle .. even if not, dun despair.. try below method without stress..

""THAT’S TOO COMPLICATED! ISN’T THERE AN EASIER WAY?
To ensure that you are having intercourse during your fertile window without having to calculate formulas, check temperatures, mucus or OPKs you could simply have intercourse every 2-3 days throughout your cycle. By having intercourse this frequently you should end up with at least 2 acts of intercourse during your fertile window.""

This is the link of the website that i get to read above paragraph

UNC Women's Care: Don't Ignore | Your Fertility Window

diorly

Hi all, wonder if u all will scold me for this or not.. lol. But really, a child is a blessings from heaven. :) Some of u may took a longer time to conceive, but do have faith. What is meant to be yours, will be yours. :) Perhaps, may i suggest besides praying, u can do more good deeds? 结善缘... Some ppl do have obstacles in life.. be it whatever kind.. But by doing more good deeds if you can, can help you do things more smoothly. Doing good things can be easy... donating things, helping the poor, asissting the needy... Or u can donate $$ to those free TCM clinic that offers free tcm treatment for old ppl.

Pls dont scold me for suggesting this but as a Buddhist, i encourage one could do more good deeds to 结善缘...

TVH

diorly, I agree with you. I ever met a fengshui master before and he told me the same thing. Do more good deeds, don't have to go do volunteer work if you have no time but small deeds like even buying tissues from the old aunties and uncles, that counts too. From then, we have been more conscious of our actions. A small action from us can have a great impact on other ppl's lives.

TVH

littlej, I have the same problem too although it's not my hubby complaining about having to stick to schedules to BD, it's me who is complaining...haha. I miss the spontaneity too. Ever since we started trying, we have been very uptight about catching the correct time. Nowadays when I asked for BD (ahem ahem...) from my hubby, he will automatically ask me,"you ovulating already ar?"....kills whatever mood I had... :wong14:
I have a friend facing the same problem, her husband complained to her that he no longer feels love between them when they are doing it, he just feels like a baby-producing machine. My friend has been obssessive about TTC too so when her husband boey tahan one day blurted this out to her, she woke up. Few months later, they got it. I think maybe letting go could make things easier and success rate higher because the stress is not there. That said, easier said than done. I've told myself to let go but when my ovu looms near, I will automatically take out my box of OPKs for standby. It's like kena gong tao. :wong10:

faithmummy, thank you for the articles. I've been trying to seach for articles that has pictures of cervical discharge but couldn't find any. Your articles really help. According to my ovu app, I'm supposed to ovulate tomorrow, which means I should be getting smileys from my OPKs today or yesterday, I just tested, negative. I think ovulation is late this month again...sigh...

diorly
i agree with u..
in fact, i donated to Community chest, Touch Community before.
i also as and when will donate to those poor elderly who do basking (blow harmonica, er hu) on the street.
actually not because of T.T.C, but because i feel like doing.. and also doing for my m/c child, hoping to gain merits for him too.
in fact, i am a buddhist too. and i chant leng yan jing everyday for world peace...
so i totally agree with what u say...

Dragontail

Haha no no wont scold you, diorly . In life, what goes around comes around. Having good heart good thoughts good actions do not just apply to t-cc. It's a life long affair. Enlightenment so it shall come.

littlej

Thanks everyone for your kinds words and advice *hugs* And thanks @faithmummy for the articles. I have the book "taking charge of your fertility" which shows the pix - You won't believe this but I actually kept the book in the bathroom and have the page with the pix bookmarked so that everytime I check CM I will do a cross-refrence (this is kena gong tao right!)

@diorly - of course won't scold you lah! yeah i truly believe in what goes around comes around.
@TVH - you are super funny. i get what you mean though! like as much as i tell myself ok next month no stress i will still be counting and OPK-ing (in fact I just went to buy 2 boxes earlier!!!)... Maybe secretly so it doesn't seem I'm going back on the agreement???? :shyxxx:

@TVH - I can so empathize with you! It just seems like a killjoy when you are nudging for BD and your partner blatantly reverts with "it's the time is it.."... Or when he asks before sleep "so need to do now right? cuz it's the week right?" My man does the same thing too. And recently he has been saying more often that he feels like a "sperm producer" - So hmm, I wonder if he's reaching the breaking point.

@dragontail - Thank you for the advice.. I wonder if Dr Wu will still see me if I don't take bbt... Hahaha i wonder if I can be upfront and tell her if I can take a break bbt-ing??

poohy

Heh I also only bd during the so called fertile week! After that nothing until the next cycle....oops.

Today is cd36....and all its quiet.....Haiz. yesterday when I wipe I thought I saw a bit of pinkish blood and tot af coming but today still nothing..gosh .
I haven't go see tcm though. Good weather today and nua at home preparing for cny