EDD Sep 2010

lovemk87

Halo ladies...
Thanks for all the well wishes and love... Maegan is doing better today but still need a close observation in the ICU.
Add me on Facebook to have a better update and pictures of Maegan!
Mecole@hotmail.com

Good luck to all the MTB... Jaiyou!!! ^^
thanks for accepting me as a fren in facebook~
Maegan is cute and have pretty eyes :) :001_302: When will she be back home??

nightingale

Hi nightingale, I am Yixian!

You helped me bought tommee tippee bundle.. did not got the chance to see you the other time. Once again, Thanks! :)
Hey Xian! Nice to finally 'meet' you~! :) And also some of the other mummies on FB - everyone looks so good and very young haha! I'm probably the most senior mummy around!

Thanks Claralicious for the tip on the lactating consultants at Mt A - will take note! :)

Full of mixed feelings during this last lap - all the discomfort like achy body, stiff back... yet very excited about baby's arrival!

ah.bee

mecolemummy, Maegan is very cute! very delicate features. and a very strong girl! congrats again :)

Baby Boy
1. cheng0605 - Thomson Medical Center 02 Sept

2. Delvy - Thomson Medical Center 8 Sept
3. mickey88 - Thomson Medical Center 6th Sept
4. pinkymummy - Thomson Medical Center 26 Sept
5. lovemk87 - Thomson Medical Center 23 Sept
6. kittymeowmeow - Thomson Medical Center 29 Sept
7. bubbleblue - Mt. A 15 Sept
8. Avelynn - Mt. A 23rd Sept

Baby Gal
1. Mecolemummy - Mt. A 12 Sept
2. Nightingale - Mt. A 12 Sept :p
3. happybaby - Thomson Medical Center 03 Sept
4. raine - Thomson Medical Centre 12 Sept :001_302:
5. Mrs_EG - Thomson Medical Center 18 SEP :p
6. Jaslyn - Thomson Medical Center 21 Sept :001_302:
7. Danerine - Mt. A 7 Sept :001_302:
8. Christinawong - Mt. A 24 Sept
9. Adelene - singapore general hospital 24 Sept
10. MR300909 - Kandang Kerbau Hospital 13 Sept
11. xian - Kandang Kerbau Hospital 23 Sept
12. bee - Gleneagles 25 Sept
13. MummyK - Mt. A 28 Sept
14. Claralicious - Mt. A 1 Sept
15.Excited hubby - Thomson Medical Center 20 Sept

btw i'm bringing up the list again as i've updated my EDD. wonder who will be next? :)

has anyone gone on maternity leave yet? i want to go 2 weeks before EDD, but we've not managed to find a replacement yet. so kinda worried now as it will also take time to handover. fingers crossed that baby will be good and go full term.

xian

I intend to go on maternity slightly less than 2 weeks before my EDD.

My mum said girl will always come later than the EDD. However, I am a bit concerned too. I can feel very powerful movement, wonder if it's done by my girl or is it braxton hicks contraction. Must highlight to my gynae on next appt.

nightingale

I'll be 37 weeks next week so I had the intention of staying home from next week onwards.. but am thinking that days seem to pass more quickly when I'm at work! So am still undecided about when to start going on leave.

Anyone starting to feel the 'nesting' instincts coming on? Over the weekend I just laundered all my baby clothes for 0-3mths - towels, bedsheets etc - haha! It was fun hanging them out to dry! :D

dl28

hello all.

i am going on leave from this friday..my boss goes by the book. he read up of the 4 weeks before and 12 weeks after.. sometimes it is no point in trying to make him see that mother nature has her own views..hahahah

had my checkup on tuesday, doc said the baby is in good position..now it is the waiting game...but my pelvic area / bones are hurting when i turn around while sleeping..

also due to heartburn, i have lost 2 kg from lack of appetite..

anyone lost weight...is it alright to lose some..hiaz...

nightingale

I think it's okay to lose a bit of weight towards the end of the pregnancy, based on what I have read - as long as your diet is still well balanced and the weight loss is not drastic, and your gynae doesn't seem worried... I don't think you need to worry. :)

Wanna ask those who have just delivered: what do you wear after delivery? I'm wondering whether those large tees would be more suitable than the 2-piece pyjamas - especially with our sore bits below. Also underwear - I'm wearing tangas and minis now, but wonder if it would hurt when worn over a C-section bandage?

mrs_eg

I'll be 37 weeks next week so I had the intention of staying home from next week onwards.. but am thinking that days seem to pass more quickly when I'm at work! So am still undecided about when to start going on leave.

Anyone starting to feel the 'nesting' instincts coming on? Over the weekend I just laundered all my baby clothes for 0-3mths - towels, bedsheets etc - haha! It was fun hanging them out to dry! :D
hahaha my "nesting instinct" sure doesnt go well with the weather... tot the day is going to be sunny and bright...
but once I put in baby's clothes to wash, it started to pour like crazy...:err:

mrs_eg

hello all.

i am going on leave from this friday..my boss goes by the book. he read up of the 4 weeks before and 12 weeks after.. sometimes it is no point in trying to make him see that mother nature has her own views..hahahah

had my checkup on tuesday, doc said the baby is in good position..now it is the waiting game...but my pelvic area / bones are hurting when i turn around while sleeping..

anyone lost weight...is it alright to lose some..sigh...

did the gynae say anything abt ur weight loss? if not then dun worry la...

for me... my pelvic area will sometimes feel a sudden, and a little painful kinda "pressure"... same goes to my bottom "V" area... been having this sudden, and really strong "nudge" down under....... I wonder what it is........ it sure feels like the baby in nudging down though.... but really hope the baby dun come tooo early! :eek:

Hi MTBs,

I know that symptoms differ, but my mum said that once the pelvic area aches, it's a sign that you're about to give birth. I did not believe at first but my pelvic area started to ache quite badly 2 weeks before I gave birth and my feet swell quite badly 2 days before I give birth.

Well, those mummies taking maternity leave, please still continue to go for walks instead of bumping at home. It helps for a smoother delivery. My boy was easy because I worked in the F & B industry. I still walk and run till the very day I gave birth. :)

Fiona73

I think it's okay to lose a bit of weight towards the end of the pregnancy, based on what I have read - as long as your diet is still well balanced and the weight loss is not drastic, and your gynae doesn't seem worried... I dont't think you need to worry. :)

Wanna ask those who have just delivered: what do you wear after delivery? I'm wondering whether those large tees would be more suitable than the 2-piece pyjamas - especially with our sore bits below. Also underwear - I'm wearing tangas and minis now, but wonder if it would hurt when worn over a C-section bandage?
That's what I wore when my first delivery. You can try Night dress with front button, Cos you may not be able to raise your leg if got epi, or worse the pile appear during the delivery. Front button also make breastfeeding easier. As for undies, I opt for disposable type for hygiene purpose.

lekdao

hello all.

anyone lost weight...is it alright to lose some..sigh...
When i am abt 36 weeks i have lost less then 1 kg. My gynae told me if i dun gain wait on the next appt he wants to induce me. And immediately i was hooked up the heart beat monitoring to observe my gal heart beat. Everything is fine and found out my contracts started, but did not admit me to hospital since i dun feel the contraction at allz. hahaha

If your next appt it still show u r losing weight, guess your gynae will induce u coz it may affect ur baby.

That's what I wore when my first delivery. You can try Night dress with front button, Cos you may not be able to raise your leg if got epi, or worse the pile appear during the delivery. Front button also make breastfeeding easier. As for undies, I opt for disposable type for hygiene purpose.
I couldn't agree more with Fiona. Disposable undies are for hygiene purposes. However, I didn't wear them cos I leaked as my flow was too heavy after delivery. Well, Nightingale, since you are delivering in the same hospital as I did, I think you do not need to fear. If you are going for Normal Birth, they will provide you with the blue suit (I forgot what is it called), all the way till you give birth, they will also provide you with a netted "underwear" (which can be waashed and dried very easily) and they will just place the maternity pad there. It's comfortable. I wore a dress with a button in front so that it would be easier for breastfeeding. Wear something that you will be comfortable in. As for the sore lower area, it's nothing compared to what you've been through. It isn't pain. Just uncomfortable. Just ensure you take care of your wound, wash it regularly every single time you head for the bathroom. Bring your own Maternity Pads please! I didn't buy them in them and the hospital had to charge me extra. :) As for your C-section question, I really do not know. =X

Hais. I wished I am still pregnant! Just enjoy when you can now. It's all different after your baby is out! :D

lekdao

I think it's okay to lose a bit of weight towards the end of the pregnancy, based on what I have read - as long as your diet is still well balanced and the weight loss is not drastic, and your gynae doesn't seem worried... I dont't think you need to worry. :)

After the delivery, i still wear the hospital gown. Only the next day I worn 1 pc sleep wear with front opening easy to breastfeed. For underwear i used disposable panties, wear & throw. Dun hv to worry abt washing, coz after we delivered it is advisable not to touch tap water.

Pls remember, whenever u brush teeth, wash hand/face use warm water (hot + rm temp. water).

nightingale

Thanks mummies Claralicious and lekdao for sharing your experiences! Glad to hear that it will be more of a discomfort than pain after the birth~ a bit anxious now about how it's going to be. Made the mistake of watching a childbirth video online - ouuuccch - now I can't get that image out of my mind haha!

Xian: I looked everywhere for a one-piece big tee with front buttons too! Quite difficult to find, especially as I had wanted the t-shirt material type that can stretch (more comfy as sleepwear), but most places only bring in the non-stretchable cotton types. I've seen some at John Little, Isetan and also lingerie shops like Triumph. But I finally managed to find a t-shirt material one piece with buttons from a shop at a wet market! haha! Good luck with the hunt!