EDD Sep 2010

mecolemummy

Hmmm only used huggies so far... So far so good..... Only a few leaks, i think its bcos i didnt wrap properly....

The elastic you are mentioning... Does it leave elastic marks on skin?
nope... its better i feel... cos my bb poopoo can be quite an amount and powerful... sometimes will leak from the back and front. having the stretchable band I not afraid tat i wrap too tide.

nightingale

Have you all heard about sleep training? A friend of mine shared a strategy for training baby to sleep throughout the night. It involves feeding twice the amount for her last feed for the day, say around 10pm, then minimal contact during the night - no feeding, just change diaper if necessary - then only feed again in the early morning around 6-7am. Anyone tried this? So difficult not to pick up baby when she is crying! Also need to learn to differentiate her cries - which one is for hunger, which one is for diaper.. Sounds tough!

lekdao

Have you all heard about sleep training? A friend of mine shared a strategy for training baby to sleep throughout the night. It involves feeding twice the amount for her last feed for the day, say around 10pm, then minimal contact during the night - no feeding, just change diaper if necessary - then only feed again in the early morning around 6-7am. Anyone tried this? So difficult not to pick up baby when she is crying! Also need to learn to differentiate her cries - which one is for hunger, which one is for diaper.. Sounds tough!

I did not try the sleep train. i started sleep train when they starts on semi solid food. However, my younger gal now still need midnight feed coz every feed she drinks 4oz only.

I think its better to check with your PD is it advisable to sleep train them at such young age. Feeding twice the amt - can baby finish the milk? Even they can finish, will they puke? Can the body aborsb the nutrients, their intestine is only 3m long and adults are 21m long. Before the body absorb the nutrients, it will poo out.

You need to give urself some time to observe and differentiate her cries. When is time to feed listen carefully how she cry, after a few try you shd be to tell is hunger, diaper or colic cries.

LittleWorm

Hi LittleWorm,

Okay some of the items that we'd ordered that we thought were pretty tasty:
Honey Glaze Wings (finished very fast!), Broccoli & Cauliflower w/mushroom, Fish Fillet w/ Spicy Apple Sauce, Oatmeal butter prawns, sambal sotong, mini spring roll, Curry chicken, deep fried salad roll (crab stick with batter), Longan Beancurd Agar Agar. We ordered the Hong Kong fried noodle but didn't find it fantastic, maybe you want to try something else.

We were able to order 2 items from some of the dish categories because we had 2 sessions. :)

Have fun!
Thanks very much nightingale! Will try it out...

wow, feed twice the amount? unless the child can still take in, if he/she refuse to consume more milk then how? so means if the baby cry after put down to bed do not attend to it isit?

lovemk87

I did not try the sleep train. i started sleep train when they starts on semi solid food. However, my younger gal now still need midnight feed coz every feed she drinks 4oz only.

I think its better to check with your pediatrician is it advisable to sleep train them at such young age. Feeding twice the amt - can baby finish the milk? Even they can finish, will they puke? Can the body aborsb the nutrients, their intestine is only 3m long and adults are 21m long. Before the body absorb the nutrients, it will poo out.

You need to give yourself some time to observe and differentiate her cries. When is time to feed listen carefully how she cry, after a few try you should be to tell is hunger, diaper or colic cries.

sometime can observe the baby action, like my boy when he is hungry his hands keep moving/waving and he like very gan jiong. btw, does your baby face red red when he/she is crying? My boy face super red when crying even poo, pee and stretching, don't know why.

lekdao

sometime can observe the baby action, like my boy when he is hungry his hands keep moving/waving and he like very gan jiong. btw, does your baby face red red when he/she is crying? My boy face super red when crying even poo, pee and stretching, dont't know why.
My gal she will make noise sounded very ke lian.
their face red coz they are using strength/force. We adults too, if your poo is very hard and pushed hard sometime ur face may turn red.

sometime can observe the baby action, like my boy when he is hungry his hands keep moving/waving and he like very gan jiong. btw, does your baby face red red when he/she is crying? My boy face super red when crying even poo, pee and stretching, dont't know why.
lovemk87, yes my daughter's face also very red whenever she poo, pee, fart, cry...hahaha..i guess it's normal.

Look forward to your review after your full month celebration this sat  I still can't decide btw Neo garden & Four Season...though very likely may go for Neo. Initially considered Four Seasons coz it's halal certified but now our Malay colleague not comin ...

Was also using friso gold but later find seems too heaty for my lil one as she developed heat rashes all over her neck, also stool is quite hard and she seems constipated so we decided to change to NAN upon CL's recommendation n now stool not hard anymore n heat rashes also disappeared. I like that Nan is also not so sweet so she can still easily accept my breastmilk since my milk supply is little n therefore have to be given to her together with FM.

You should monitor...if your lil one still not able to adapt to friso, mayb you can try changing brands. No need to stir n dont't shake hard as may introduce too much air bubbles. Just twirl the bottle gently...the formula dissolves easily into the water 

Sorry I just had my full month last sat n been busy and trying to take care of my boy. Four seasons food not bad but my mum say Their ang ku kuek does not taste good.

My boy has a lot of heat rash so I dunknow if it is due to friso gold. But he do not like the taste cos he cry when drinking. Maybe I try similac for him.

Hi mummies

Will formula milk be better than breastmilk if I'm not eating well or nutritious enough? Cos my meals become a problem when my parents in law went home after confinement?

And also, can we feed bb with drinking water if he is on breastmilk?

Fiona73

Hi mummies

Will formula milk be better than breastmilk if I'm not eating well or nutritious enough? Cos my meals become a problem when my parents in law went home after confinement?

And also, can we feed baby with drinking water if he is on breastmilk?
No way formula milk will be better than breastmilk even the mother is under nutritious. In Singapore, we woman are well fed. You can try to consider catering your lunch and dinner if you think takeaway is a problem now. But of course, if you are not eating well and rest well, most likely is the supply that going to be effected not so much on the nutrient level cos it will take from our body source to make up the milk for the baby.

No way formula milk will be better than breastmilk even the mother is under nutritious. In Singapore, we woman are well fed. You can try to consider catering your lunch and dinner if you think takeaway is a problem now. But of course, if you are not eating well and rest well, most likely is the supply that going to be effected not so much on the nutrient level cos it will take from our body source to make up the milk for the baby.
Thanks! Hope I'm giving my boy good enough milk...

lekdao

Hi mummies

And also, can we feed baby with drinking water if he is on breastmilk?

Thru breastfeeding the baby will take anti-bodies from us, that is why breastfeeding babies are stronger than FM babies.

If baby on total bfing, they dun need water. However, if you want still can feed but abit only.

My records is my gal did not poo for 8 days, she poo-ed on the 9th day. hahaha
really??! with breastmilk and she still did not poo for 8 days? Coz I am wondering isit my diet that cause her not to poo... like example when I eat heaty stuff...
:we2Randy-git:

lekdao

really??! with breastmilk and she still did not poo for 8 days? Coz I am wondering isit my diet that cause her not to poo... like example when I eat heaty stuff...
:we2Randy-git:

Really!!! It could be the diet that caused her not to poo, what u take = what she takes. there is once my gal did not poo for a few days, i called my CL to check, she told me that if we ate too heaty stuff will coz the baby not to poo. Its true coz there a period of time i kept eating fried chicken wings, plus been drinking milo to boost breast milk. In the end she cannot poo, I stop eating fried chicken wing and everything is fine. hahaha

Meanwhile, you can try to feed her abit of water to loosen her tools.

lovemk87

Sorry I just had my full month last sat n been busy and trying to take care of my boy. Four seasons food not bad but my mum say Their ang ku kuek does not taste good.

My boy has a lot of heat rash so I dunknow if it is due to friso gold. But he do not like the taste cos he cry when drinking. Maybe I try similac for him.
my boy also drink friso gold. he cry when drinking too but still he finish all the milk. does your boy finish all the milk after crying??? btw...my boy face got milk spots does it mean the FM not suitable for him?

Last edited: