Edd nov 2011

hotmilktea

hey vis, very fast !!!! u are just about 1week plus behind me !

btw, have u announce ? i hasnt, coz since i am going for my gynae appt next wed, i will wait till then, coz i hasnt seen my baby since week 9.
hopefully can see the gender ...cant wait to buy stuffs already!

Congrats hotmilktea, im counting down to mine...

vis

hey vis, very fast !!!! you are just about 1week plus behind me !

btw, have you announce ? i hasnt, coz since i am going for my gynae appt next wed, i will wait till then, coz i hasnt seen my baby since week 9.
hopefully can see the gender ...cant wait to buy stuffs already!
hmmm i gg to 12 weeks in 3 weeks time... seem so long, still counting down..

i have not officially announce to my family and relatives. but my boss and colleagues know it though i din announce to them, they guessed themselves. and arranged me to do paperwork only... haha..

i gg to announce once i reach 12weeks.. :Dancing_wub:
have u done ur OSCAR test??

Last edited:

didy

congrats hotmilktea!! i am also going to see my gynae this coming tues. will we be able to see the gender so soon?? my gynae told me about week 20..

hotmilktea

i am also going to see gynae on this coming wed, as well as to take the Oscar scan.
normally gender can confirm at the week 20 detail scan. however if the baby position is very good, gynae is very experience, some can tell as early as week 12. many also told me if boy boy can see the gu gu at quite early stage, coz can see a thing, not a shadow :)

i told my hubby, if wed no gu gu means girl liao ... ha ha .

congrats hotmilktea!! i am also going to see my gynae this coming tues. will we be able to see the gender so soon?? my gynae told me about week 20..

didy

hahah think still too early to see the gender la. sometimes baby might be naughty and play hide and seek with us. haha

do u know how is the oscar test like? my gynae never say anything about doing the test this tuesday.. dont know what the procedure here like, but i'll check with her

hotmilktea

basically it is just taking blood test , as well as check the fluid under the neck using the ultrasound scan.

the test definitely got to be done btw week 11 to week 13.

perhaps u are under the low risk preg, tats why ur gynae never say anything. it is optional but i prefer to take it.

hahah think still too early to see the gender la. sometimes baby might be naughty and play hide and seek with us. haha

do u know how is the oscar test like? my gynae never say anything about doing the test this tuesday.. dont know what the procedure here like, but i'll check with her

didy

basically it is just taking blood test , as well as check the fluid under the neck using the ultrasound scan.

the test definitely got to be done btw week 11 to week 13.

perhaps you are under the low risk preg, tats why your gynae never say anything. it is optional but i prefer to take it.

really? so OSCAR test is non invasive? i asked my sis in-law who was pregnant with my nephew last yr, said that the down syndrome test is invasive, as need to used needle to go into the uterus to extract amniotic fluid from the amniotic sac? She said carried some risk of miscarriage.. plus she was under 35, so she chose not to do it.

are u in high risk category?

hotmilktea

no dear. the one ur sis in law said is not oscar test, that is carried out when the Oscar test show baby might be having down syndrome, the amino acid is the most accurate 100% to confirm this. and yes, it carries 1% of miscarriage.

Oscar test is not dangerous at all, it is taking our blood, about 3 tubes as per normal. and then to see the ultra sound, whether the fluid at the neckline is thick or not, down syndrome baby has got more fluid there.

i am 29 yrs old, so not in high risk, but prefer to take the Oscar, just to be safe .

really? so OSCAR test is non invasive? i asked my sis in-law who was pregnant with my nephew last yr, said that the down syndrome test is invasive, as need to used needle to go into the uterus to extract amniotic fluid from the amniotic sac? She said carried some risk of miscarriage.. plus she was under 35, so she chose not to do it.

are u in high risk category?

didy

hahahaha SUPER POWER. i married 3 years liao... but was not ready for parenthood then la. still want to play, fight for career etc etc.. now more settled :)

hotmilktea

ahh i see, u married quite young hor..thats y can wait for a while.

i dont wanna wait, coz lately heard many stories pple always wait, by the time they want then so hard to get pregnant.
i also didnt expect to get pregnant 1 week later...but its good... i am so excited to see the baby soon :)

hahahaha SUPER POWER. i married 3 years liao... but was not ready for parenthood then la. still want to play, fight for career etc etc.. now more settled :)

hotmilktea

ur cravings are very easy to get, and pretty healthy too !

so far , i crave for chili crabs, baked cheese rice, mince pork noodles, home made curry vege and yong tau foo... but luckily my cravings only happen once, wldnt repeat :)

currently im only craving for cold orange juice n ribena....