EDD Nov 2012 mummies here

It's said that when your baby is laid on your bare chest and you have skin to skin contact with your baby, it will release feel-good hormones in your body which makes you forget about the pain and difficulties of labour :)

Btw, mummies, do we need to look for a pediatrician?? Or just a GP for jabs will do?

teriwinkle

I went for my gynae review at 37+ weeks yesterday. Was hoping she said my cervix has opened but nope lol. My baby is weighing at only 2.6kg at full term and gynae says it is slightly small omg. Having pretty bad pain on my upper tummy today, it's feeling so tight and bloated throughout the day, wondering if it has anything to do with ligament pain at all.

teriwinkle

My friends go to polyclinics, they say it's so much cheaper and babies are given priorities in queue.

Katherine57:706848 said:
It's said that when your baby is laid on your bare chest and you have skin to skin contact with your baby, it will release feel-good hormones in your body which makes you forget about the pain and difficulties of labour :)

Btw, mummies, do we need to look for a pediatrician?? Or just a GP for jabs will do?

fynzy

Are we not supposed to eat Prata, ice cream etc now? Oh my I have been eating all along...

Katherine57:706714 said:
I was nervous about two weeks back when I was reaching 32 weeks but today, don't know why, I suddenly feel excited at the thought that I will be able to see my baby in a few weeks time. That time was also worried about the pain but thinking that if other women can do it without painkiller, then why can't I?? Hahahah my sadist thoughts....

And also, I keep thinking of all the things I can do after delivery! Sleep on my back, eat Prata, ice cream etc. I think those motivate me more hahah

Hi fynzy, it's me lah, I have to stay off those food because gynae ordered me on low carbs diet.

Teriwinkle, so no need for paed?? Ok ok

Don't worry about your baby size if gynae said its okay. Small baby is easier to deliver!! My sister in law had two boys, both 2.5+ kg and she didnt need epidural :)

fynzy

Btw anyone ordering confinement tingkat? My friend introduced me "Natal Essentials" it's around 1.5k for 28 days double meals. Hoping to find a cheaper one..

nature59

My friends go to polyclinics, they say it's so much cheaper and babies are given priorities in queue.

Katherine57:706848 said:

Yeah, I will prob switch to GP for the jabs for baby as well.

nature59

I went for my gynae review at 37+ weeks yesterday. Was hoping she said my cervix has opened but nope lol. My baby is weighing at only 2.6kg at full term and gynae says it is slightly small omg. Having pretty bad pain on my upper tummy today, it's feeling so tight and bloated throughout the day, wondering if it has anything to do with ligament pain at all.
Teriwinkle, my cervix is not opened as well, Gynae said 4 more weeks to go them..
Is it just BH contractions?

Want to hear about good pediatrician too - in case baby gets sick then i prefer a ped than a normal GP. especially newborn/infant age...
My doc referred me to Dr Keoy at Novena Medical Center. I walked past the clinic n it looked packed on a Saturday...

I'm ordering confinement tingkat!!! Price wise, they are all similar (if no fair discount) - newbaby has discount for mummies that deliver at TMC i think.
Only new baby/confinementfood.com and happy mums and babies deliver to my area. Other choices you have are natal essentials, chilli padi and happymumsandbabies
Confinement Food Catering Services In Singapore | The New Age Parents
there are many reviews on the different food caterers in the forum if you wanna find out more about them. i tried newbaby, decent portion and food ok but soup and red dates tea not up to my standard. happy mums and babies portion is smaller, but soup and red dates tea is gooooddd :) they also say no msg, low salt. they can even help you buy groceries at no extra charge - you just pay whatever the fairprice bill shows.
Why you need a confinement food service? « Happy Mums and Babies

Btw anyone ordering confinement tingkat? My friend introduced me "Natal Essentials" it's around 1.5k for 28 days double meals. Hoping to find a cheaper one..

chaw

Just went for my checkup, 37 weeks and 4 days and baby is 3.45 kg. I will be delivering on 20 Oct 2012.

Last edited:

Mreow Mreow

Want to hear about good pediatrician too - in case baby gets sick then i prefer a ped than a normal GP. especially newborn/infant age...
My doc referred me to Dr Keoy at Novena Medical Center. I walked past the clinic n it looked packed on a Saturday...

I'm ordering confinement tingkat!!! Price wise, they are all similar (if no fair discount) - newbaby has discount for mummies that deliver at TMC i think.
Only new baby/confinementfood.com and happy mums and babies deliver to my area. Other choices you have are natal essentials, chilli padi and happymumsandbabies
Confinement Food Catering Services In Singapore | The New Age Parents
there are many reviews on the different food caterers in the forum if you wanna find out more about them. i tried newbaby, decent portion and food ok but soup and red dates tea not up to my standard. happy mums and babies portion is smaller, but soup and red dates tea is gooooddd :) they also say no msg, low salt. they can even help you buy groceries at no extra charge - you just pay whatever the fairprice bill shows.
Why you need a confinement food service? « Happy Mums and Babies

Babyeskimo, thanks for your reviews on the confinement tingkat! :)

I am gonna order too but im gg to have their trial first...

Im a big eater so I guess i wont order a trial for Happy Mums & Babies already..

I will try natal essentials and others! :)
Is the dishes from natal essentials yummy?

teriwinkle

I guess I would still go to the Pd if baby's sick. But for jabs wise, either GPs or polyclinics will do.

Haha, so in other words, that's something to be joyful for. Didn't know smaller babies need not need epi.

Chaw, we are only 1 day apart in EDD but our babies are weighing almost 1kg apart lol. Good luck, that's 3 days to go!

Katherine57:706909 said:
Hi fynzy, it's me lah, I have to stay off those food because gynae ordered me on low carbs diet.

Teriwinkle, so no need for paed?? Ok ok

Don't worry about your baby size if gynae said its okay. Small baby is easier to deliver!! My sister in law had two boys, both 2.5+ kg and she didnt need epidural :)