EDD Oct 2013

Xtinee

I'm still on it at 15 weeks! First Trimester doc gave me Duphaston. thankfully i'm not affected by the pills. but next time i see her i shall ask abt it since most ppl only take it in first trimester? or maybe coz i'm not that stable yet..hmm.. But from what she tells me, there's no harm to mum or baby when we take these hormone pills/jabs.
Maybe you would like to check, cos i read that the placenta takes over partial of the hormones production starting from week 10, and most people stopped after first tri.
Do check cos its not cheap, my fees without the pills and folic is $90, with both pills is $120, and the pills is for two weeks.

marchies

Hi everyone hope all mummie doing great. Is anyone esp first time mums starting to look for baby stuff? I've been staring at strollers to see the brands when people walk past heehee. Any recommendations on stroller brands? Would like something from baby use on, stable yet manageable by myself.

Xtinee

Hi everyone hope all mummie doing great. Is anyone esp first time mums starting to look for baby stuff? I've been staring at strollers to see the brands when people walk past heehee. Any recommendations on stroller brands? Would like something from baby use on, stable yet manageable by myself.
I will be using my Sister in law's , maybe you can try asking friends, not cheap to buy a good one nowadays. Most people have no use for it if they do not plan to have another, they will be more then happy to get rid of them

sbc

Dear Mummies
I am entering my 13th Weeks now.
Did my OSCAR last week. The not Scan didnt turn out well. Baby is 3.8mm (was extremely upset)but my blood test came back the next day perfectly well.
Am going for Amnio on 26th.

Of course, feeling confused and anxious over amnio... any mummies going for amnio too?

K

Miracle77

Anyone knows where to buy celamine lotion as some mummies mentioned before here? I went for guardian n watson but cant manage to get it.
Hi i just got it from guardian, my gynae recommended me to buy the calamine lotion with menthol and it indeed helps. You might want to purchase this type too.

lalagal

Dear mummies to be,

Any of you interested to purchase rice wine? Due to increase demand of my rice wine, delivery option will be offered too. Details as per below. Kindly place orders at least two months ahead with me for orders >6 bottles. For orders <5, kindly call to check if I've ready stock. SMS/Call asap if interested!! ;)

-Homemade PURE rice wine, SWEET, FRAGRANT and YUMMY!
-For use in confinement cooking/daily cooking
-Multiple health benefits
-Cash upon collection/delivery only
-Deposit of minimum $50 is needed to be transfer after placing orders for >10 bottles
-SMS will be sent to buyer to confirm order once deposit receives and printscreen of deposit receive will be email to buyer.
-If interested, kindly email to healthy_living2013@yahoo.com.sg or call/sms 86091297 for orders

**Orders of 5 bottles, FREE 250ml of red rice pulp
**Orders of >10 bottles, free delivery to 1 location, FREE 500ml of red rice pulp
**Orders of <9 bottles, self-collect or delivery(Delivery charges range between $4 to $12 applies)

Locations for self-collection

Any station between Joo Koon and Buona Vista. Toa Payoh (Only Saturdays evening).

Pricing
750ml of red yeast rice wine - $16
500ml of red rice pulp - $6

Thank you dear mummies who were satisfied customers of mine. Thank you for your support for recommending friends to me and bless ya and love ones with good health! :)

Miracle77

Hi, anyone joining the Antenatal programme? I'm joining the upcoming class in KKH on April 19th, just want to check if anyone will be in the same class as me?

Butt8rfly

Hi mummies!

congrats to all!

the EDD for my #2 is 10 Oct, and i will be at NUH. anyone with same EDD and will be at NUH?

littlej

Hi everyone. Pleased to "e-meet" all of you.

#1 due late sept to early oct - so I kinda fall in the cusp. Fingers crossed all will be good :)

Has any mummies changed gynae mid way at week 15? I am thinking of seeing another gynae just to get a 'feel' before I sign on a package.

littlej

Hi sbc - sorry to hear about your Oscar but hey there are cases of false positives! My Oscar results were low risk but it ain't exactly in the range of ten thousands.

Anyway - you may wish to do a detailed scan at ssr - http://www.ssr.com.sg , before considering amnio. It is apparently very accurate and I heard some women with non ideal Oscar scans go for this detailed scan at ssr and ended amnio not needed as detailed scan indicated all ok. Hope this helps.

Butt8rfly

Hi littlej

i changed gynae for #1 at trimester 3. my first private gynae had a very expensive package for delivery which i regretted after re-calculating my finances. hence i changed to NUH (which was alot cheaper). i told my 2nd gynae i wanted to continue my prenatal package with the private gynae since i paid for the whole package and the diagnosis was rather good. He was agreeable but request to have at least 1 session with me before delivery for him to see the health and condition of baby and me.

i would say that if you are comfortable with your first gynae (if you can imagine him delivering your baby in the operating room or labor wards), then stick to him. most important is your comfort level. of course there are other things to consider (stitching skills for surgery, ability to counsel and explain medical terms and risks, listening skills and not rushing you off for the session, waiting time to see him as some times it could be frustrating to wait 1hr just to see the gynae for 15mins, and if he has plenty of time to see you in the ward when making hospital rounds after delivery).

for me, fees was important and i was comfortable with male gynae. i do think that male gynae will be more gentle than female ones. not sure if this is true for all mummies though ;p

Hi, anyone joining the Antenatal programme? I'm joining the upcoming class in KKH on April 19th, just want to check if anyone will be in the same class as me?
hi! wasn't sure when to start going to classes so haven't booked any yet. am only starting to research now..
i havent decided where to deliver or signed any packages, not sure if for some hospitals it's included in the antenatal care package.
Enjoy ur class and let us know how it goes!

Xtinee

Anyone signed on prenatal package with your gynae, strange that my gynae asked me to sign one at 10weeks when I am still not over first tri.
Cost is $700 includes all visits till I deliver + vit and any medications + scans. Excludes 20wk scan and oscars.
Is this the market rate ?
I asked my gynae early which hospital can I choose, to avoid shocking bills, its mt E, mt A or Thomson Medical Center. Guess I will only decide nearer to the date.
I have a friend staying in singapore general hospital single bed ward and she was very well taken care of even the food looks like its for high tea can even choose menu, but heard its quite exp

My gynae is a guy too, never try female so i wont know.

SBC- I have heard of many cases where they have bad oscars results and when they went for amino, all turns out well.
Im sure yours will be too.

sbc

Hi everyone. Pleased to "e-meet" all of you.

#1 due late sept to early oct - so I kinda fall in the cusp. Fingers crossed all will be good :)

Has any mummies changed gynae mid way at week 15? I am thinking of seeing another gynae just to get a 'feel' before I sign on a package.

Thanks Littlej.
I will check out SSR.

WHY CONFINEMENT CENTERS?

Confinement centre is an ideal place for postpartum moms to stay and rest during their confinement period. Confinement centre provides proper nutrition meals, physical hygiene and good rest for postpartum moms. For newborns, there will be experienced confinement nannies to handle and take care of them in confinement centres, as opposed to the grandparents whose experiences are limited to the children/grandchildren they had.

Confinement Centre is the best choice for those couple who does not want to bother their parents or mother-in-law. Confinement centre is also a very good place for those who dont’t have extra space for a confinement nanny to stay in with them. It is also ideal for those could not find a trusted/recommended confinement nanny in advance.

Advantages of having confinement period in confinement centre:
1) Postpartum mom who decides to stay in confinement centre will not need to source for a trusted/reliable confinement nanny and end up with problematic ones who cannot communicate with them or leave halfway through the confinement month. The postpartum mom will be taken care of by the confinement nannies inside confinement centre and any problems they have can be resolved through the management in the center;
2) The postpartum mom will be given excellent and superior care by well trained and experienced confinement nannies within the confinement centre under the supervision of management in the center;
3) The confinement centre will always open their door for you regardless of your actual delivery date, whether it is much earlier or later than your expected date. The experienced confinement nannies will always be on standby for you 24 hours a day in the confinement centre;
4) The confinement centre will provide full support and assistance to postpartum mom for instant detailed information and facts, reading supplies for preparation list or even shopping list prior your delivery;
5) In confinement centre, everything had been included inside the chosen package, hence you are able to plan and arrange your finance properly and effectively;
6) In confinement centre, postpartum mom is not required to worry about what confinement meal to prepare for every single meal, what ingredients to buy & etc. Everything will be handled professionally by the confinement centre.
7) In confinement centre, every meals are well researched and prepared with a variety of choices everyday according to the different stages of recovery after confinement;
8) In confinement centre, postpartum mom and newborns are going to be taken care of by the confinement nannies 24 hours every day.
9) In confinement centre, your requests will be attended to immediately by the confinement nannies.
10) Contact us now if you want to find out more about our center and services!

http://www.facebook.com/aixin.mummies

weeeii

Hi mummies, I've signed my prenatal package too.....at $1200!!! omg!! I think probably one of the most ex here.I chose my gynae because his timings are flexible, I thought it's convenient and he's also quite nice. My gynae delivers at tmc or mt a.