EDD Oct 2013

Meowmummy

Hi Meowmummy, mine EDD also 24 Oct. Same date with you. Next week will go back for Oscar test at TMC. Hope everything goes fine with BB. This is my first time. Kinda of nervous but happy too. :)
yenleesk,
hehe same edd on 24 oct, so exciting, wonder who will give birth 1st? I gg to my Ocsar test this week at TMC also.

yenleesk

HOKKI:776787 said:
Hi TVH,

Benefits of Edible Bird's Nest
Bird's nest contains several organic nutrients including high water-soluble glycoprotein and amino acid. It is an excellent restorative food that is beneficial for any age or gender. However, the consumer should remain aware that improper cleaning by ignorant bird's nest cleaning plants can significantly reduce the nutrient concentration.

The following is a list of bird's nest benefits documented by TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) Practitioners:
1. Enhances the rebirth of cells and tissues (Epidermal growth factor).
2. Enhances the body's immune system through promotion of cell division
3. Strengthens the body's self-regulating actions and resistance to disease
4. Improving heart functions and to reducing blood pressure
5. Assists in the prevention of cancer through rich antioxidants.
6. Aides in the regeneration and growth of cells.
7. Aides in the treatment of cancer patients
8. Regulates blood supply all around the body.
9. Improves the skin complexion
10. Reducing fatigue

Bird's Nest Benefits For Expecting Mothers
Regarded as the perfect tonic for expectant mothers and their soon to be babies, consumption of bird's nest can provide the body with several rich nutrients and benefits. Regular consumption during pregnancy can strengthen the body of the woman and the foetus. In addition, women consuming pure bird's nest post birth will recover far quicker compared with women who do not. This fast recovery is attributed to the Epidermal Growth Factor (EGF), which is active in the nutrients of the bird's nest.

Note: It is important to purchase bird's nest from a reliable and trustworthy bird's nest supplier, especially when the bird's nest is intended for consumption by a pregnant woman. If a pregnant woman consumes bird's nest containing impurities or inadequate nutrient levels, her baby may appear fair and adorable, but could experience a weak immune system and become prone to illness.

Bird's Nest Benefits For Men & Women
Women who regularly consume bird's nest often find themselves having fairer and more radiant looking skin. This is because bird's nest is rich in collagen, protein and vitamins. These three ingredients can help rejuvenate the complexion, smoothen the skin, maintain youthfulness and prevent wrinkles. This helps both men and women to look younger and more attractive. For this reason, bird's nest is fast becoming an essential part of a woman's beauty regime. An increasing amount of products are being made from birds' nests, although long term consumption of pure bird's nest will always yield the most effective results.
In addition, both men and women can benefit from improved organ performance. Bird's nest improves heart and kidney function and strengthens the lungs.

Please click the link for nutrition value of bird nest
http://www.swiftsymphony.com/re3/Nutrition%20Value%20of%20EBN.pdf

What is the purpose of drinking bird nest soup? Do they have any nutritional properties?
Ho Hokki,
May I know when is the best time start to take birdnest? Which of the pregnancy week?

karelia

Karelia,
I just bought Clarins from pink Beauty at toa payoh central at $61.50, gg to start using tonight. $82 at counter is very exp!
Thanks for info. I will go and check. Luckily not yet bought.... didn't know pink beauty also sell Clarins brand.
Thanks!! ^__^

yenleesk

Meowmummy:776851 said:
Hi Meowmummy, mine EDD also 24 Oct. Same date with you. Next week will go back for Oscar test at TMC. Hope everything goes fine with BB. This is my first time. Kinda of nervous but happy too. :)
yenleesk,
hehe same edd on 24 oct, so exciting, wonder who will give birth 1st? I gg to my Ocsar test this week at TMC also.
I'm having oscar test at TMC this Thursday. How about you?

nrl

Hi mummies! Hope all of u doing good! Happy that everyone is soon leaving their ms soon!

Can i just ask... Did any mummies got any pills frm your gynae such as utrogestan.. A progesterone pill?

Im entering 13weeks soon... Gynae prescribed those to me when i was at the 11weeks. Been taking diligently but skipped yestd n today.... Cos everytime i ate it, i will have bad headache when i wakes up the next morning...

Chiaayo all mummies!!

Hi mummies! Hope all of u doing good! Happy that everyone is soon leaving their ms soon!

Can i just ask... Did any mummies got any pills frm your gynae such as utrogestan.. A progesterone pill?

Im entering 13weeks soon... Gynae prescribed those to me when i was at the 11weeks. Been taking diligently but skipped yestd n today.... Cos everytime i ate it, i will have bad headache when i wakes up the next morning...

Chiaayo all mummies!!

Hi nrl, I took them for the first 12 weeks. It's to support the pregnancy. Some have it administered via injection.

huiqin83

Hi nrl, i also took them for first tri. Took both jab and pills format. Dont worry if u are asked to take, is a hormone support to boost our pregnancy.
Your dr will advise u when to stop one.

btw does anyone know when should we start eating bird nest? and what type, those ready made or must cook your own.

Hi Huiqin83, heard from my chinese coll that you shud start taking 2 tablespoon of bird nest early in the morning in ur empty stomach from ur 2nd trimester.

Hope it helps.

HOKKI

Dear Yenleesk,

The best time to start to take bird nest is 2nd trimester.
Many expecting mummies are facing morning sickness during the 1st trim, so it's wasted to drink bird nest.
For 3rd trim, nutrients absorption of baby slow down but for mummies.
Thus, as per traditional chinese medicine, the best time start to take bird nest is from 2nd trimester once no more morning sickness.

Thanks.

Ho Hokki,
May I know when is the best time start to take birdnest? Which of the pregnancy week?

Alisa

ooh.. i din know can see so early... everytime during scan my baby is always 'cycling' so cannot see... maybe next check up can see! almost 15 weeks !
b4 scanning, i tell baby to open leg big big so we can see gender and really leg open very big. haha!!! try to talk to yr baby too.

Alisa

regarding birdnest, if you are taking those pre-prepared in bottle, they can be quite sweet and we preg ladies tend to absorb sugar poorly and will end up with gestational diabetes. im having mild gestational diabetes in my 1st preg so try not to take too much sweet things.

HOKKI

Agree with Alisa. She is totally correct. Do not take too sweet drinks during pregnancy. it's good for you and your baby.

regarding birdnest, if you are taking those pre-prepared in bottle, they can be quite sweet and we preg ladies tend to absorb sugar poorly and will end up with gestational diabetes. im having mild gestational diabetes in my 1st preg so try not to take too much sweet things.

HOKKI

Hi HuiQin,

Do not buy the ready bottle bird nest to drink, those contains high rock sugar water, bird nest contains too little even no bird nest .
Try cook yourself or can contact us to prepare and delivery to your door step.

Thanks.

btw does anyone know when should we start eating bird nest? and what type, those ready made or must cook your own.

yenleesk

HOKKI:777063 said:
Dear Yenleesk,

The best time to start to take bird nest is 2nd trimester.
Many expecting mummies are facing morning sickness during the 1st trim, so it's wasted to drink bird nest.
For 3rd trim, nutrients absorption of baby slow down but for mummies.
Thus, as per traditional chinese medicine, the best time start to take bird nest is from 2nd trimester once no more morning sickness.

Thanks.

Ho Hokki,
How often we take in a week?

Xtinee

Hi mummies! Hope all of you doing good! Happy that everyone is soon leaving their ms soon!

Chiaayo all mummies!!
I was taking it till 10weeks, then my Gynae says i can stop taking it cos seems like stable now, I dont feel good taking it too but persisted from 5-10weeks.
Its for the baby

I was taking it till 10weeks, then my Gynae says i can stop taking it cos seems like stable now, I dont feel good taking it too but persisted from 5-10weeks.
Its for the baby
I'm still on it at 15 weeks! First Trimester doc gave me Duphaston. thankfully i'm not affected by the pills. but next time i see her i shall ask abt it since most ppl only take it in first trimester? or maybe coz i'm not that stable yet..hmm.. But from what she tells me, there's no harm to mum or baby when we take these hormone pills/jabs.