EDD Jan 2014

Hi princess, our EDD is the same but lil donut is 7.2 week today, and yours is yesterday?

Anyway.... any mummy have bump now.....
I could hardly wear my old bra now... :mad:
And my nausea is getting serious, and try to push away food.... hubby said im having new rejection everyday....
Hi Missy

As of today Mine is 7.2 week as well. i start getting nausea and don't have appetite as well..

Hi princess, our EDD is the same but lil donut is 7.2 week today, and yours is yesterday?

Anyway.... any mummy have bump now.....
I could hardly wear my old bra now... :mad:
And my nausea is getting serious, and try to push away food.... hubby said im having new rejection everyday....
I'm having a little bump and any jeans or pants i can still wear last week is useless now. :mad:. I'm wearing dresses to the office now. Good thing my dresses all have garters in the midrib area so i can wear them. Talk about underwear, that's another problem, now, I have to wear my not so flattering undies since my other undies are tight now...and the bra...I'm using my bra that i used before when my size is bigger. The new ones, i can't use them anymore. :(

illuz

I am temporary using bra extender. Helps abit but can't last much longer since the cup size is different too. It's time for more shopping!

For panties I bought some maternity type which is super low, under belly. Can prob last till birth.

Missy10

Wow.... so im not the only one changing, my hubby realised my top had increased in size, as i have to wear sport bra to sleep, But other than tat i felt that he dun understand what we are going through....

Im trying to buy those long tank top that can go with legging, think it should be comfy, anyway mothercare is having big sales, mummies can go buy some non-wired bras there

Hi Missy, any specific mothercare outlet? I'm trying to find some good non wired bra as well. When I went to the motherhood fair in Expo their sizes are way too big for me so i ended up not getting anything. :(

Missy10

chiching8256:797284 said:
Hi Missy, any specific mothercare outlet? I'm trying to find some good non wired bra as well. When I went to the motherhood fair in Expo their sizes are way too big for me so i ended up not getting anything. :(
All outlet, maybe not causeway point, abit small

but before you head down, go register yourself @ mothercare.com, u will get $5 voucher with min. $30 spending n points

I bought the tube bra from springs, $19.90 comfy, as i seldom wear strapped bra....

Hi All,

Congrats to everyone! I'm currently 8 weeks pregnant went for my second visit to the gynae yesterday. EDD is 18th Jan.

May i check with you guys which gynae you guys are consulting and their pricing ? As i went to Raffles Medical at Sengkang as it near my place and that it opens in the evening, however after readong some of the post it seems kind of costly as my first consultation is $270+ while my 2nd consultation is $230+

It consist of consultation fee, scan and folic acid. Hope to get some advice from you guys =)

@Jasmine - Yup, they are expensive. I roughly paid the same thing for every visit, ended up, i have to fork out around $700 for the 3 visits. If you are in Sengkang, Dr. Adrian Woodworth has a clinic there as my friend went there. She said he's good for normal pregnancy but expensive for high risk one. I decided to change my gynae to Dr. Lawrence Ang, it's far from my place but near HTB's place so it's not that bad. Dr. Lawrence's package is $570 for the visits, excluding some tests that he needs to do like OSCAR, etc.

All outlet, maybe not causeway point, abit small

but before you head down, go register yourself @ mothercare.com, u will get $5 voucher with min. $30 spending n points

I bought the tube bra from springs, $19.90 comfy, as i seldom wear strapped bra....
Hi Missy, thanks for the tip. I signed up and will try to use the voucher. Will try to visit spring maternity as well. It's fun visiting these stores now that I'm pregnant. Previously, i visit them for my nephews. :)

bellybuttony

I will also need to get new bras soon. current one are getting smaller each week.

have all of you inform your boss on your pregnancy yet? I personally have not. =/

missy10, I am also rejecting food now and then. and I can't take much carbs also, seems like baby doesn't want to take it leh. meat and veggies are alright thou. lol.

can't wait for my visit next Friday..

Yup, i really think it's kind of ex ... but due to the night consultation which they are able to offer. It's hard for me to take leave. However, their consultation charge is $125 if i didnt remember wrongly for the first visit and $90 for the second visit. Hence, i think it's kind of ex. They are asking me to do my blood test and OSCAR test in 2 weeks time and the scan in 4 weeks time.

Any advice on good gynae with a more reasonable pricing ? As from what i know (which maybe wrong) most gynae dont open after 7pm.

Hi bellybuttony, personally, I haven't told my boss yet. I'm waiting for my first trimester to finish then i can tell him since it's company policy i guess to prepare him for all the MCs i need to do for all my check ups. On the food, i lost wait on my last visit, due to being nitty picky with the food lately. I'll eat a little then push it away. Plus everything taste bland or bittery these days, i'm not sure if it's because i'm still recovering from my cough 2 weeks ago or it's because I'm pregnant. Anyone of you have that bittery taste?

Yup, i really think it's kind of ex ... but due to the night consultation which they are able to offer. It's hard for me to take leave. However, their consultation charge is $125 if i didnt remember wrongly for the first visit and $90 for the second visit. Hence, i think it's kind of ex. They are asking me to do my blood test and OSCAR test in 2 weeks time and the scan in 4 weeks time.

Any advice on good gynae with a more reasonable pricing ? As from what i know (which maybe wrong) most gynae dont open after 7pm.
Hmm...quite difficult to find a gynae open until after 7PM. Are you able to take MC maybe? Gynaes will give you MC during check ups. I have the same difficulty especially if my schedule is from 12pm-9pm.

Hello,
I'm new to this thread. Just found out last two weeks ago that I'm pregnant again, by accident. We were trying to avoid and I was kiasu to avoid safe "weeks" but still if it's meant to be it's meant to be I guess. So now, I'm taking my own sweet time to wait for my ultrasound appointment next Friday. Seems like a long wait. But I've had history of miscarriages so I would know if I don't see a right-sized fetus and a heartbeat, then it's a gone case. Right now, my symptoms are lethargy (like I can never have enough sleep), bloating, indigestion and night sickness. I am also burping half the day. I am actually very nervous because my symptoms look kind of promising but we'll see next week if this is a keeper or a goner.

Hi bellybuttony, personally, I haven't told my boss yet. I'm waiting for my first trimester to finish then i can tell him since it's company policy i guess to prepare him for all the MCs i need to do for all my check ups. On the food, i lost wait on my last visit, due to being nitty picky with the food lately. I'll eat a little then push it away. Plus everything taste bland or bittery these days, i'm not sure if it's because i'm still recovering from my cough 2 weeks ago or it's because I'm pregnant. Anyone of you have that bittery taste?
By bittery taste, did you mean "rusty" taste? I think some preggers have that. I've never had that in any of my pregnancies but I've had some several food aversion before that I lost a lot of weight during my previous pregnancies. How about sucking some candies? That might help. :)

Missy10

I will have that rusty taste when i get out of bed in the morning, but sonehow force myaelf drink Annmum milk, and sit down for awhile before walking around.... it does get better, but today i realised i cant take things too sweet, like craves fro mac milk shake, but two mouthful and nausea starts....

Mayb can try ribena chewy or sour tape candy....

Missy10

Hi Jasmine

My first scan at KKH private clinic is $260, including consult ($105 first time), u/s, 安胎药, no folic acid and hubby's blood test....

Anyway, if folic acid from your clinic is expensive, can buy off shelf from guardian ($3.55 for 40 days supply), can save abit here

Last edited:
Hi Rockmybaby - will pray that it's a keeper this time. About the bittery/rusty taste, i'm not really sure, it's the kind of taste that you have after being on meds/antibiotics for one week. I guess it's due to the pregnancy since it's been two weeks since i recovered from the cough. It's actually worse with water, so sometimes i indulge with flavored water or fruit juices just to eat better.

Hi Missy, I wish i can drink milk. My HTB will be very happy. Unfortunately, I have that funny reaction to milk eversince I was young. The moment I smell it, my gag reflex starts, i ended up throwing my milk last night during the first attempt to drink powdered milk again. HTB is convinced and we are now settling for chocolate flavored mommy supplement...hehehe.

Missy10

chiching8256:797338 said:
Hi Rockmybaby - will pray that it's a keeper this time. About the bittery/rusty taste, i'm not really sure, it's the kind of taste that you have after being on meds/antibiotics for one week. I guess it's due to the pregnancy since it's been two weeks since i recovered from the cough. It's actually worse with water, so sometimes i indulge with flavored water or fruit juices just to eat better.

Hi Missy, I wish i can drink milk. My HTB will be very happy. Unfortunately, I have that funny reaction to milk eversince I was young. The moment I smell it, my gag reflex starts, i ended up throwing my milk last night during the first attempt to drink powdered milk again. HTB is convinced and we are now settling for chocolate flavored mommy supplement...hehehe.
What chocolate supplement

I'm drinking enfa mama right now, i got some samples from Dr. Ang's clinic, so far okay. But based on the ingredients, I think the S-26 mama is better, but I have to check if they have the choco flavor. If they do, then i will go for that.