EDD Jan 2014

Missy10

chiching8256:797342 said:
I'm drinking enfa mama right now, i got some samples from Dr. Ang's clinic, so far okay. But based on the ingredients, I think the S-26 mama is better, but I have to check if they have the choco flavor. If they do, then i will go for that.
S-26 is the most expensive i suppose..

Hi Jasmine

My first scan at KKH private clinic is $260, including consult ($105 first time), u/s, 安胎药, no folic acid and hubby's blood test....

Anyway, if folic acid from your clinic is expensive, can buy off shelf from guardian ($3.55 for 40 days supply), can save abit here
Hi Missy, Nah I do not have 安胎药 only folic acid which they charge me for $9.90 for 40 days supply. The charges consist of only consulation, scan and folic acid.

I heard from my friend that she took a package which excludes her 3rd and 5th mth detailed scan for less than $600. :err: However, she doesnt like her gynae :embarrassed: Hence she doesnt advice me to consult her gynae.

Missy10

jasminetay:797350 said:
Hi Jasmine

My first scan at KKH private clinic is $260, including consult ($105 first time), u/s, 安胎药, no folic acid and hubby's blood test....

Anyway, if folic acid from your clinic is expensive, can buy off shelf from guardian ($3.55 for 40 days supply), can save abit here
Hi Missy, Nah I do not have 安胎药 only folic acid which they charge me for $9.90 for 40 days supply. The charges consist of only consulation, scan and folic acid.

I heard from my friend that she took a package which excludes her 3rd and 5th mth detailed scan for less than $600. :err: However, she doesnt like her gynae :embarrassed: Hence she doesnt advice me to consult her gynae.
Same, my friend also asked me to go her gynae at geneagle $600 package inclusive of consultations n supplements, exclude Oscar, detail scan and other scanning.... actually can do a calculation out of it and see which is more worth it, in this era dun spend so much unnecessary.... hehehehe

Hmm...quite difficult to find a gynae open until after 7PM. Are you able to take MC maybe? Gynaes will give you MC during check ups. I have the same difficulty especially if my schedule is from 12pm-9pm.
I do hope i'm able to take MC but currently there's some huge changes in the company and we are short handed. My Manager was upset over my pregnancy that she didnt even congrat me all she said to me is, I'll inform upper management and see if a replacement could be found when u are taking ur maternity.

I do not hope to worsen the situation or to put on burden to my colleauges, so i try very hard not to take MC.

If she hears colleauges will to talk to me about pregnancy issues she will turn around n stare but if it's something else she wouldnt. so it's kind of obvious she wasnt happy and we all try not to talk about it in front of her.

Same, my friend also asked me to go her gynae at geneagle $600 package inclusive of consultations n supplements, exclude Oscar, detail scan and other scanning.... actually can do a calculation out of it and see which is more worth it, in this era dun spend so much unnecessary.... hehehehe
Thanks Missy ... I will check over there. Do u have any doctor to intro ? hee hee ... Or anyone else has anything other good gynae to intro ?

Missy10

jasminetay:797354 said:
Hmm...quite difficult to find a gynae open until after 7PM. Are you able to take MC maybe? Gynaes will give you MC during check ups. I have the same difficulty especially if my schedule is from 12pm-9pm.
I do hope i'm able to take MC but currently there's some huge changes in the company and we are short handed. My Manager was upset over my pregnancy that she didnt even congrat me all she said to me is, I'll inform upper management and see if a replacement could be found when u are taking ur maternity.

I do not hope to worsen the situation or to put on burden to my colleauges, so i try very hard not to take MC.

If she hears colleauges will to talk to me about pregnancy issues she will turn around n stare but if it's something else she wouldnt. so it's kind of obvious she wasnt happy and we all try not to talk about it in front of her.
Was it because you got pregnant before?? So she is sensitive with this topic

What?!? Seriously? What an insensitive manager. Pregnancy is always good news. Plus, it's not as if you will need to go on MC for like one week. Normally, check ups will last for like 30 mins, so you can do half day MC unless that you need to go through different tests. Feel sad for you. Hopefully things will turn around and you will have a pressure free pregnancy.

Thanks Missy ... I will check over there. Do u have any doctor to intro ? hee hee ... Or anyone else has anything other good gynae to intro ?
Do you work on Saturdays? Some of the thomson women clinics have consultation on Saturday. However, tests like blood test and OSCAR i think is available on Tuesdays and Thursdays only.

bellybuttony

jasminetay

my gynae in mt a have night clinic on Friday and they are open on Saturday. I just signed my package w them at 750, believe it excludes Oscar scan etc.

in his marsiling clinic, he is open at night from Monday to Thursday I think. :)

hope this helps..

Missy10

Mummies, maybe we can have a pricing comparison

:D

KKH Private
First consultation is $105, subsequent $80
ultrasound $53/session
(dont think we need to scan every month)

Medication: folic acid $3.55
(4months supply @ guardian)

安胎药 $43.96 (2 weeks supply)
(dont think we need this always)

Down-syndrome Test (optional)
(only at 11-13weeks)
$321 (inclusive GST)

ajcy

My consultation (repeat visit) is $60 and scan also $60. Additional is whatever supplements/vitamins/meds doc prescribe.. so I feel it's reasonable. I like my gynae - was seeing him before already and conveniently located for me.

Gynae is Dr Tan at Nex.

Nah this is my first pregancy, so i'm not sure why is she reacting like this. It seems to us who work under her that she isnt happy if any of us got pregnant as she felt it will affect our work. As one of my colleagues just came back from her maternity leave and when she requires to take leave to bring her son to the doctor for jabs and checkup she will say how many times is this required ? Is it a must for u to bring him there ? Isnt there anyone home who could help u ? This upsets my colleagues very badly ...

My consultation (repeat visit) is $60 and scan also $60. Additional is whatever supplements/vitamins/meds doc prescribe.. so I feel it's reasonable. I like my gynae - was seeing him before already and conveniently located for me.

Gynae is Dr Tan at Nex.
HI Ajcy, thanks for this information, possible to provide the name of the clinic ?

jasminetay

my gynae in mt a have night clinic on Friday and they are open on Saturday. I just signed my package w them at 750, believe it excludes Oscar scan etc.

in his marsiling clinic, he is open at night from Monday to Thursday I think. :)

hope this helps..
Hi Bullybutton, thanks for this .. will check it out soon =) currently searching for a few to compare before deciding ...

What?!? Seriously? What an insensitive manager. Pregnancy is always good news. Plus, it's not as if you will need to go on MC for like one week. Normally, check ups will last for like 30 mins, so you can do half day MC unless that you need to go through different tests. Feel sad for you. Hopefully things will turn around and you will have a pressure free pregnancy.
Praying for the best, currently she only allow me to leave right on the dot if i have checkup and she wasnt very pleased about it already. It's quiet annoying as my hubby's boss allows him to leave 2 hours earlier in order to fetch me and accompany me to the gynae but mine was totally opp ... So i'm still trying hard to look for those clinic who's available ltr in the evening or weekends which is really few :embarrassed:

Missy10

jasminetay:797519 said:
Nah this is my first pregancy, so i'm not sure why is she reacting like this. It seems to us who work under her that she isnt happy if any of us got pregnant as she felt it will affect our work. As one of my colleagues just came back from her maternity leave and when she requires to take leave to bring her son to the doctor for jabs and checkup she will say how many times is this required ? Is it a must for u to bring him there ? Isnt there anyone home who could help u ? This upsets my colleagues very badly ...
Just realised i had mistake, i meant is it because you got pregnant before her, and if she dun have kuds, she wont understand...

chingching,
Thank you for your well-wishes. A bit about myself. I'm actually a mom of 3 and we thought we're done. My kids are 7,5 & 3 and right now they're at home having a ruckus and driving my poor MIL crazy (school holiday mah). So I cannot imagine myself having #4 and I was very careful about detecting my ovulation period and to avoid dangerous period but I guess God has His plans. Despite all measures, this one seems to stick. I'm feeling awful at nights, nauseous and vomited dunno how many times. Can hardly eat dinner my MIL cooked but forced it down anyway. She didn't know yet. But hubby was very encouraging. I guess he loved children, even though he's a bit of a hot tempered person. But that's because he puts the interest of his children before him. That's why I'm in a bit of denial and in no hurry to see the gynae. But by my calculation, my EDD could be 29 January. However, I always deliver a few weeks earlier than EDD so it could be an early Jan baby. But it's still fun to be a part of a pregnancy group but I feel like I'm the oldest here. LOL.

So how's everybody today? Let me know your symptoms today? I'm hot like I have fever everyday and burping and indigestion and at nights my nausea went full swing. I don't even know what I can eat anymore. Everything just seems to appear yucky to me.

jasminetay,
sadly, the worst of boss is a woman boss!!! even though they had been married and pregnant before, i couldn't understand why they're behaving like this! such double standards! i've been involved in mummy groups before at each pregnancy and sadly i keep reading the same stories. really, i hope that you can find justice somewhere or maybe, in your next job, you get to have an extra nice boss!

Missy10

Oh, today no nausea feeling as of now *touch wood...

Jus had my favourite spicy instant noodle, i know its not healthy, but its my crave!!

my indigestion is at night, as i only eat full meal during dinner time... so now i cut down rice intake....

Missy,
I had instant noodle yesterday too haha. But once in a while it's ok lah. My indigestion is sadly all day but worse at night! when I burp, I feel nauseous so I vomit it out. Come out nothing but still nauseus. Think I must ask for anti-vomiting pills by gynae already. The last I had, it made me dizzy boy! So I sometimes had to choose, to feel nauseous or be dizzy!! Then if dizzy, can't drive!! Urgh I hate first trimester pregnancy!!!