EDD Jan 2014

every time I need to sneeze, I'll quickly sit down, if lying down, curl one side, so that I won't move too much frm the sneeze.. lol

Fay, I've the same issue too! v hard to think of food I wan to eat.. ystd I bought a pkt of fried bee hoon n don feel lik eating it once I got home, can't even bare opening it up. the sight of the packet in front of me makes me feel sick.. ended up eating a bit of my hubby's dinner n threw the bee hoon away.. sigh.. n can't stand the sight of thick pieces of meat too.. weird =| I have nv disliked food all my life, hope the feeling goes away!

gnissim, I think no backache is normal bah, ure lucky! :) it may come later tho, count ur blessings :)

congrats missy10! what is the diff betw blood test n Oscar scan, missy u did the blood test but the Oscar is scheduled later? any reason y?
and what is the purpose of each ah?

Bloodtest i'm not sure, but oscar one is for downsyndrome scanning. I did my blood test in the morning then submit one to thomson. Im waiting for my turn now for the oscar here in tmc. Just had my scan with dr. Ang and he said baby is stable, currently at 5.5cm, im so happy she/he is growing well. Dr. also said can now announce to the world that im expecting...hehehe

congrats chiching! that's a heart warming news ^^ kindly share wats the diff images u see during the Oscar scan as compared to the usual scan!

welcome kailarue! I've almost the same edd as u, few days later than urs.. hav u done pr are u going to do the wk12 blood test n Oscar scan?

gnissim23

Missy10! Woooo! Can see the bb fairly well!! So envy.. hopefully my lil beanie is doing well too! Change my gynae appt to tmr morning as hubby is busy on the prev scheduled appt.

gnissim23

Chiching: congrats congrats!!

fabmum: haha hope so! I cant wait to see my beanie. Meanwhile excited but worried. -.- ok my paranoid daily especially when I feel better no much synotoms I get paranoid again. Lol

Hello MTB
I m going for 2nd time check up but with another doctor, i would like to compare before signing up their package start from 16 weeks :). i do have backache and stomach upset, everytime dont know what to eat, feel all the food is not nice and no craving as well. 2 more week is end of my 1st trimester, hope baby is healthy and safe inside..

Last edited:
congrats chiching! that's a heart warming news ^^ kindly share wats the diff images u see during the Oscar scan as compared to the usual scan!

welcome kailarue! I've almost the same edd as u, few days later than urs.. hav u done pr are u going to do the wk12 blood test n Oscar scan?
Just finished with my oscar, took about 15 mins but waiting is forever. We waited for 1.5 hours. It's better than the doctor scan. It's more detailed that it will show you the heartbeating, then will make the baby turn if facing in a different direction (my baby keeps on moving). Will show you the head, arms, feet. Then of course they are taking note of the downsyndrom thing which is at the baby's nape area, the space there. HTB enjoyed watching bec this is the longest scan that we have. Results will be sent to the doctor so we only get to see it i think on the next check up since we are waiting for the blood test as well

Missy10

fabmums2014:803790 said:
gnissim, I think no backache is normal bah, ure lucky! :) it may come later tho, count ur blessings :)

congrats missy10! what is the diff betw blood test n Oscar scan, missy u did the blood test but the Oscar is scheduled later? any reason y?
and what is the purpose of each ah?
Fabmums, oscar test = blood test and detail scan(not the detailed scan for 20 weeks)

Its just KKH don't do both on the same day....
Maybe because they dont need to rush the blood test result, so we dont need to spend a day there to wait for result before being consulted

Last edited:

Missy10

Gnissim - no worry, since you are going appt tmr, then you can see your beanie.....

I told my doc, at this part of time, i still cant feel bb, so how i know what is lil donut doing inside, she laughed at my comments, but she says no symptoms, no backache doesnt matter, jus look forward to every scan to see bb got strong heartbeat, importantly, if its growing n strong heartbeat

Gnissim - no worry, since you are going appt tmr, then you can see your beanie.....

I told my doc, at this part of time, i still cant feel bb, so how i know what is lil donut doing inside, she laughed at my comments, but she says no symptoms, no backache doesnt matter, jus look forward to every scan to see bb got strong heartbeat, importantly, if its growing n strong heartbeat
Hi Missy

Its good that you dont have any backache and MS:)

liyin

nice! looks like most of us r trying to hav more honeymoon before baby (first or not) to arrive! :)
liyin, when is your hk trip? I planned to go in sep but apparently it's typhoon season ardy =|
I'm going to Bali to nua at a good resort instead.. thinking of 1 more trip! any1 has good nearby getaways to recommend??
Hi fabmums2014, I m gg next thurs night and hv also planned a bali trip in mid oct.. All these were pre planned. So just go ba... Heng I ddnt plan in nov which is my weddg Ann n bday month or else 3 trimester can't go...

liyin

I don't have backache but I do get very tired and restless if I stand too or walk too much. On some mornings, I even had a little fainting spells while standing in front of mirror to makeup.

Fay85, I get the sharp pain too when I sneeze while lying down. You can try curling ur legs up to ur chest before u sneeze. I did that and there will b no sharp pain.
Yes both, I get sharp pain when I sneeze too...

Missy10

Princess sus:803856 said:

Hi Missy

Its good that you dont have any backache and MS:)
Of cos i have backache, that cause a big mistake, please dun use salonpas or any medicated sticker on your backache

I only have nausea sickness so far no vomit.... sometimes no appetite, love Mac french fries to the max....

gnissim23

Missy10: yeap seeing my beanie tmr morning! Excited much. Oh u loce mac? Me too craving for buggets for so long but hubby refuse to let me eat cox im too heaty n coughing thr past week. But im so gonna buy later since he wun be home for dinner with me. Keke. I have been more to eat noodles instead of rice. N maggie mee can be my cravings. Lol.

illuz

Went for my blood test and Oscar today too. Scan is very fast as baby is in the best position dr wants. We were shown the fingers, legs etc. Can even see nose bridge! Dr say seeing nose bridge is a good sign meaning low risk for down syndrome. However, still must wait for blood test for conclusive result. Waiting time would be a week.

liyin

Went for my blood test and Oscar today too. Scan is very fast as baby is in the best position dr wants. We were shown the fingers, legs etc. Can even see nose bridge! Dr say seeing nose bridge is a good sign meaning low risk for down syndrome. However, still must wait for blood test for conclusive result. Waiting time would be a week.
congrats illuz! U must be super happy!!!