EDD Jan 2014

There were alot of FT workers pushing trolleys n prams don care about pregnant mama and just go banging around. I almost got into a fight with 1 FT.

ajcy

Agree about the "cold calling" on forums from insurance agents.. but guess they have to try all avenues?

But in that topic, I got the insurance from my own FC when I was 18 weeks cos *touchwood* if ah boy has any conditions in future that cannot be underwritten at least he has this basic coverage...

babytazz

I think those insurance are different and not related to basic coverage... If I rem what I read before, it's if it's v touchwood kind of scenario during birth, then it will come into use. Child is automatically enrolled into the basic medisheld plan. So that's the only one we really have as a base.

ajcy

Er the one I bought changes to a accident, death and disability plan upon birth.. and there's a savings portion that we would have gotten for our child anyway so no issue to that bit

LynetteN

So far both the Prudential and AXA ones inform me after the birth of baby it will convert to investment linked policy which we are not keen.

ajcy

From birth till child is 2 years there is hospital care benefit for the child + covers congenital illness..

Also from birth the investment linked portion has death, disability and terminal illness cover for the child.

The benefit if this over others that can be tajen out when baby is birn that my fc mentioned is that child doesn't have exclusions for pre-existing conditions since the policy is already in effect before birth and discovery of the condition..

Anyway first child so just be kiasu a bit.. anyway premium not that much also.. so just in case :)

Rzena

Anyone knows when does 3rd trimester start? I'm confused with various definitions across different websites.
These days I'm feeling so heavy and big... and getting more and more tired.

Shld be month 7 onwards? Divide 9mths to 3 trimester mah.

Rzena:832640 said:
Anyone knows when does 3rd trimester start? I'm confused with various definitions across different websites.

Last edited:

illuz

If im not wrong, After 28 weeks is considered 3rd trimester

LynetteN

Something to share but I cannot go though cos I have classes at the breast feeding mothers support group.
i received the following from stem cord to me via email though I never met them or sign up. Dunno where they get my email from.
"PREPARING FOR YOUR BABY – An Interactive Workshop

Date: 19 Oct 2013 (Saturday)

Time: 1:00 – 5:00pm (Registration starts at 12 noon)

Venue: SAFRA Toa Payoh, Seminar Room Level 2

Topics:
*Storing your Baby’s Cord Blood
*What’s the fuss down there?
*Baby Bath demonstration
*Postpartum Lactation Breast Massage Demonstration
*Pregnancy Yoga Demonstration
Admission is FREE! Limited seats available.

Register NOW! Call us 6471 2002 or visit Educational Talks by StemCord | Events

Rzena

Thanks Mummies... I'm entering week 27 this weekend. But my bump so big nowadays I'm starting to wonder how much bigger it will get in the 3rd trimester. :err:

On the topic of cord blood... I donated cord blood when I delivered my elder son, will be doing that again this time! :)

ajcy

Can I ask (if you don't mind sharing) why you decided to donate instead of storing?

Cos initially I told OH that we'll donate then as time goes on (maybe mummy-ness it reading too much) I feel like we should keep.. even if it's mainly self-centered ...

And recently read about delayed clamping of plancenta which would rule out both donating and storing... so many decisions!! Haha

LynetteN

Thanks Mummies... I'm entering week 27 this weekend. But my bump so big nowadays I'm starting to wonder how much bigger it will get in the 3rd trimester. :err:

On the topic of cord blood... I donated cord blood when I delivered my elder son, will be doing that again this time! :)
i also want to donate if possible. How should I apply for the donation ?

Rzena

Well ajcy, me and my hb felt that if we could benefit someone else who needs the stem cells, why not? Keeping it for ourselves will only benefit my boy, and you have to pay so much to keep it. So why not donate it to benefit a wider pool of people? We believe that what goes around comes around, if we really suay suay need it in future there will be help ready for us too.