April 09 MTBs!

hstan15

hmm..

if i am not wrong, the lady next to me had a C section and TMC did give her lotion to apply. and that lotion can helps relieve the pain.

anyway, where u had ya delivery?

CJmom

Hi I just delivered my 2nd boy via c-sec. To share my experience, my first csec was so painful even on painkillers after the epidural wore off. I remember very clearly on the 2nd day I could not even get out of bed. I tried to walk and each step brings tears to my eyes and I could not even stand straight. Took me 30 mins just to walk 20meters??? No kidding! I asked my gynae why other csec mommies are happily walking around as though they had natural birth and she said eveyone is different so dun compare. 1 year on, my c-sec wound still hurts when I over-exert.

With my 2nd boy, I'm amazed. Even my frends came to visit me are too! Cos the 1st time they also said I was half-dead. This time, I look so much better and active. In fact, on the first day of c-sec, I was walking around unaided once the epidural wore off and my gynae gave all clear for the nurses to remove all my tubes! Of course took painkillers like previously but I was UP and WALKING almost at normal pace. And on the 2nd day, I'm discharged! :) And, it is the same gynae who did the c-sec for me. Thus this time, many of my frends and relatives didn't manage to visit me in the hospital. :p

CJmom

hmm..

if i am not wrong, the lady next to me had a C section and TMC did give her lotion to apply. and that lotion can helps relieve the pain.

anyway, where u had ya delivery?
My gynae also did give me a lotion to apply before I delivered. She said it also helps to lighten the scar. Haven't tried it though cos waiting for my stitches to be removed tomorrow. Btw, mine was at KKH.

pinkytham

huh...
y mine no gif wan?
he only gave me at a later time
now got abit of keloid...
but my stiches no need remove wan leh....
gynae sae it will melt into the wound
mine was at mt alvernia...
i also had the same experience as in i could nt stand straight....
than have to walk very very slowly drag myself...
too big step, the wound got stretch then there comes the pain.....

My gynae also did give me a lotion to apply before I delivered. She said it also helps to lighten the scar. Haven't tried it though cos waiting for my stitches to be removed tomorrow. Btw, mine was at KKH.

Cream

Congrats CJmom...

My gynae also never give me anything to apply... not even when I went to remove stitches leh... Until now I do not have anything to apply...

hstan15

hi pinkytham

ya, think the stitches will melt or frop off by itself.. i had natural delivery, stitches still there

by the way, anyone ordered to go back see the gynae six to eight weeks after delivery? mine ask me go back do pap smear.

pinkytham

ya mine did too!
my next appt is end of this mth
=D

hi pinkytham

ya, think the stitches will melt or frop off by itself.. i had natural delivery, stitches still there

by the way, anyone ordered to go back see the gynae six to eight weeks after delivery? mine ask me go back do pap smear.

CJmom

huh...
but my stiches no need remove wan leh....
gynae sae it will melt into the wound
Ya no need to remove the stitches...my mistake. Basically gynae just snip off the loop as the stitches will dissolve itself. Mine told me that the stitches head is already dissolved so now I can bathe the wound area just like an part of my body.

CJmom

Congrats CJmom...

My gynae also never give me anything to apply... not even when I went to remove stitches leh... Until now I do not have anything to apply...
Thanks Cream. The lotion name is Centellase Ointment. See if you want to check with your gynae. My first C-sec the same gynae also didn't give me anything to apply. It is only the 2nd time then I have this lotion.

pinkytham

i checked the name of the lotion that the gynae gave me..
he gave me DHACORT Cream to apply in the morning and CENTELLASE Ointment for applying at night =D

Thanks Cream. The lotion name is Centellase Ointment. See if you want to check with your gynae. My first C-sec the same gynae also didn't give me anything to apply. It is only the 2nd time then I have this lotion.

CJmom

did it once and it was very very painful =(
It shouldn't be very very painful, pinkytham. When the gynae inserts the spatula, it is discomforting. After the pap smear is done, some might feel a little 'burning' sensation but lasts only for about 10-15mins.

CJmom

i checked the name of the lotion that the gynae gave me..
he gave me DHACORT Cream to apply in the morning and CENTELLASE Ointment for applying at night =D
I didnt get Dhacort ley... hmm... my gynae forget?? Hee.
Any difference in the cream's function? What is the Dhacort meant for?

pinkytham

i also dunno
nurse no mentioned. just tell me one use day one use night...
the other time when was admitted to hospital before pregnancy they inserted some transparent duck mouth stuff into mei mei...than use the spatula to dig the surrounding painful....

I didnt get Dhacort ley... hmm... my gynae forget?? Hee.
Any difference in the cream's function? What is the Dhacort meant for?