EDD April 2013..cont

They are closed on sundays, opened mon to sat 1.30 to 8... do go.on weekdays, weekends too crowded, very hard to get advice from the auntie... k
Jus ask her what u need she will guide u from there lol...

Yeah yeah.. Agree. Their baby n maternity stuffs like disposable bra pads, bottles, baby laundry detergents etc are much cheaper. Or if u already know what brands you are buying and quantity, just call n order n they deliver to u for free at $200. Or if its bulky items like stroller, less than $200 they will deliver for free to u too.

Hi all I oso heard that malaysia sells diapers and milk powder cheaper than sg... intend to make a trip down to buy diapers lol... anybody's been there, can advise?

Go jusco at Tebrau city. Eg drypers dry pants, xxl 36 pcs or 32 pcs is sgd 12.50, there can be sgd11+. Bcoz I m on home rest so can't go jb. If u can't go jb then try Kim send medical hall at jurong east st 41 there. It's cheaper than Kim seng online or Kim seng at pioneer mrT. Giant at leisure mall sometimes also got good offer if u don't wan to go too far in. Tesco is no no. Discount Liao still ex.

Mummies, have u all pack the bag to bring hospital? If pack now too early? I still have 6 weeks to due. Will clothes get smelly if I keep it in bag for too long?

Oh thanks for the tips!!! So is the je one cheaper or is jusco cheaper? The medical hall also sells pre- packed red dates tea for confinement?

Hehe I jus bought all the items necessary for hospital stay, wana check what the hosp provides before I start packing next week... do try to pack early cuz baby can come anytime... will be washing baby clothes and bedsheets next week too..

Oh bring ur own maternity pads and undies, I heard they charge for these items too...

I not too sure about the pre pack red dates tea. Jusco cheaper by few cents bah. So if u go jb buy, must buy a lot then value for your petrol n time coz have to via causeway n it always jam.

U can ask the hospital what they provide. Gleneagles give 1 toiletry pack with shower cream, toothbrush, toothpaste, big towel to bath n small face towel n comb n 1 free pack of maternity pads. Baby get 1 pack of baby wet wipe n 1 small pack of diapers enough to last through your stay.

Wah gleneagles provide so many things!!! Im staying at Mt Alvernia, and from what I know, they charge almost everything u used... think I will.jus take a look at the kim sang medical hall, dont want to travel till jb, v tiring plus having difficulties sleeping throughout the night due to frequent urgencies to pee...

Haiz yesterday went cheong choon aldy half dead.. really must start packing before tummy gets even bigger n more uncomfortable...

alag

Thanks autumn fall, but who do we give the receipts to for the claim?

Wow you guys sound prepared!! I am moving house next week so I haven't bought the stuff yet. Any one bought any crib yet? Know where is a good place to get good cribs that aren't too expensive?

Hmm I think can pass it to the same officers who r processing our baby bonus and medisave claims...

For baby cots, cheong choon has a lot, u can look at their catalogue... I bought mine from the baby fair.. quite expensive arnd 419.. ikea also have but not nice leh... or u can try ur luck during the next baby fair on 22 feb to 24 feb... rem to ask for free organizers for the cot... mine didnt come free, had to buy one at 60 dollars... they dont come cheap... usualy when u buy cots, they come with free mattress and bedsheets with bumpers and comforter... pillow and blankets sold separately I think...

alag

I will check out cheong choon!
My husband is particular about the cribs and doesn't wanna pay good money for the plywood kind. Headache!!

pigletbao

I not too sure about the pre pack red dates tea. Jusco cheaper by few cents bah. So if u go jb buy, must buy a lot then value for your petrol n time coz have to via causeway n it always jam.

U can ask the hospital what they provide. Gleneagles give 1 toiletry pack with shower cream, toothbrush, toothpaste, big towel to bath n small face towel n comb n 1 free pack of maternity pads. Baby get 1 pack of baby wet wipe n 1 small pack of diapers enough to last through your stay.
Hi iceydragon81 - Am delivering at Gleneagles too! :) Thought they won't provide toothbrush, toothpaste and comb since they suggested us to bring it in the list of items to pack. So they will provide the items u mentioned above? And only a set for mothers and not hubbies? :)

alag

I have a weird question to ask you guys.. Do you experience a tingling sensation "down there"? I have been feeling it for 2 days now.

Hi pigletbao..last time they got give n it was 4yrs ago. From what u say, tomorrow I go check up I better ask the customer service again. Coz last time I did the maternity tour, they say will give toiletry bag n they did. I stayed in 2 bedded room so hubby don't stay with me. If u r staying at 1 bed then u ask the customer service or u can ask the nurse at yr gynae clinic if they know whether toiletry pack will be given to stay in hubby.

Huh tingling feeling? No, but feel like got something there when I pee. Tomorrow I have to ask gynae if baby head is below or not.

I will check out cheong choon!
My husband is particular about the cribs and doesn't wanna pay good money for the plywood kind. Headache!!
I bought mine from baby kingdom as cheong choon has no display n the price was the same for the same model. I bought mine for $399 n that was 4 yrs ago. Comes with free bumper, mattress cover, pillow n bolster n covers n blanket.

Wah gleneagles provide so many things!!! Im staying at Mt Alvernia, and from what I know, they charge almost everything u used... think I will.jus take a look at the kim sang medical hall, dont want to travel till jb, v tiring plus having difficulties sleeping throughout the night due to frequent urgencies to pee...

Haiz yesterday went cheong choon aldy half dead.. really must start packing before tummy gets even bigger n more uncomfortable...
i m waiting for part time cleaner to wash baby clothes then pack together with my bag to bring hospital. My hubby still has not go cheong choon buy the new baby mattress. I tink end up he may just buy from kiddy place or Tom n stefanie. By the way kudomo wet wipes at Watson Selling for $2 per pack. Buy 10 get 1 free. I bought a lot n intend to use for #2 since quality is good n big size too.

Hey Alag, I dun have such tingling sensation but when I lie sideways to sleep, the muscles ( i think is muscles) at the pelvic bone area feel really sore, like someone pulled the muscles. It's so near the urinary tract that sometimes the UT feels painful too, at that position.

only feel setter when I wrap my legs around a pillow .

mapleleaves80

Hi autumnfall, thx for the useful information

For those looking for cribs, i think i can either try this wkend's baby fair at expo or wait for taka baby fair which suspect may hv one his coming march. I got mine from taka in dec when there was additional 10% off sale for members, so got mine at 359 with free 5pc bedding set, the coconut husk type mattress, free diaper changing kit and breastfeeding blanket which i think was a gd bargain. Can chk it out when they hv sale.

Im also trying to pack my hospital bag but dunno where to buy the maternity pads. Mayb will chk out cheong choon one of these days.