EDD August 2013

Paigepaige

Hmm...i will be going down the expo hopefully...but most likely i will only be getting the stuff around June/ July...cos my friend was mentioning that during that time the discount is the highest....
I heard there's one around June.. But hubby is away for reservice.. Damn sian.. But do u roughly know when? Hubby is away from June 17 to July 5 :(

Paigepaige

I feel now is still VERY early to buy any thing for the baby as in still have 6 more mths to go.

Baby fair is just like IT show, every 3mths will have one.

Buy only when the baby is 1-2mths about to due.
You mean buy all the necessities 1-2 months before due date? Will it be rush? Sorry first time mom here and I really don't know where to start from what to buy and where..

lynntoh

I feel now is still VERY early to buy any thing for the baby as in still have 6 more mths to go.

Baby fair is just like IT show, every 3mths will have one.

Buy only when the baby is 1-2mths about to due.
Yup agree with lovingbaby..walk around more so you can have more variety to look at =)

I is cus of pantang issues..better not get the stuff too early =X

Paigepaige

Yup agree with lovingbaby..walk around more so you can have more variety to look at =)

I is cus of pantang issues..better not get the stuff too early =X
Lynn, how many weeks to go? Ya lor, we always go either mothercare or retail shop at Paragon (Cause we always shop in town). Hehe.. But all the same.. :/

Last edited:
You mean buy all the necessities 1-2 months before due date? Will it be rush? Sorry first time mom here and I really don't know where to start from what to buy and where..
I am FTM too, but i worry what if "touch wood" if anything happens how?

Still got a long way to go, is there really a need to get all those 6mths in advance?

I am turning 13 weeks in 2 days time.

Usually, 3mth is the time where people break out the good news to friends and relatives. Still got a long long 6mths to go. No one will know whats going to happens next.

My plan is to purchase it when I am about to due. After delivery, i can always ask my hubby go buy those milk bottles, as for clothing, surely relatives, in laws will buy for the baby. The baby is going to be in the hospital for a week before going home. So still got time.

Paigepaige

Usually, 3mth is the time where people break out the good news to friends and relatives. Still got a long long 6mths to go. No one will know whats going to happens next.

My plan is to purchase it when I am about to due. After delivery, i can always ask my hubby go buy those milk bottles, as for clothing, surely relatives, in laws will buy for the baby. The baby is going to be in the hospital for a week before going home. So still got time.
Thanks for the info. Really helps. :)

lynntoh

normally baby stay same number of days as mummy....a week is not a good sign u know haha

normally baby stay same number of days as mummy....a week is not a good sign u know haha
haha, this one i don't know. When I in 1st trimester, i only read those info on 1st trimester. Now starting to read on 2nd trimester.

This above number of days I think i will read when I am in 3rd trimester and about to go into labour. haha...

lynntoh

haha, this one i don't know. When I in 1st trimester, i only read those info on 1st trimester. Now starting to read on 2nd trimester.

This above number of days I think i will read when I am in 3rd trimester and about to go into labour. haha...
haha my girl stayed 6 days cus of jaundice... so stay the lesser number of days the better

diorly

Folic acid: I read from somewhere better not to overdose on folic acid cos it has been scientificcally linked to austism. Min is 800mcg per day and do not exceed too much from it like 10mg is really too much. The foods we eat everyday also gives us sufficient nutrients.

Paigepaige

Folic acid: I read from somewhere better not to overdose on folic acid cos it has been scientificcally linked to austism. Min is 800mcg per day and do not exceed too much from it like 10mg is really too much. The foods we eat everyday also gives us sufficient nutrients.
Gynae prescribe those prenatal viatamins also have folic acid which contains 800mcg.. I think the maximum consumption is 10mg..

lynntoh

I am taking 5mg every morning eh... Should be ok hor???