Edd dec 2012

Mreow Mreow

Thanks Lizasaifi!!! :)
U are indeed the only one with The most experience now!! :D

Alamak.
My LilyPie Ticker signature below never update itself at all.
Still states I'm at 33 weeks. Wdh....
Haha. Dunno wads wrong..

Szesze,
I wish my doc will see me 2weeks from my last apptmt!!
But he scheduled it 3weeks apart!!
I'm also keen to spy on my baby gal's development in utero!! :p
By the tym see her on my 37th week, will be too late to do anything.
Like incase she's not heavy enough or wad...

Mreow Mreow

Honeyfiedcherry, u are under subsidized at KKH ah?

Lizasaifi is right.
How can The Docs be so slipshod?!

Hmm, u go to Clinic B/D for ur checks is it...

Cannot be TPS right... Cuz mine there isn't like that...

lolitta yap

Re: Nestle Nan Pro 2

Hi Mummies,
Im new here...
And wud like to say congrats to all the mummies who's preggy for the first time...
I'm preggy too, and its the 2nd one... Just cant wait for her to b in my arms soon...

Btw, wanna share sum experience w all the mummies here...
My first preggy was normal birth... And I had my massage by a traditional massage lady, Mdm Noura.
She's so patience and also responsible. If she's late, she will make sure that I'll b informed.

Generally, I love her massage. Her strong hands and energy really makes my body feels floatin in the air aft each massage i had w her.. She knew which part has the most winds(in my body) and will definitely concentrate more on that area.. She will explain the DOs n DON'Ts as well... She's like a mummy to me.. And ya, nt forgetting, she do wraps to my tummy too... and there goes my flabby tummy...

As for my 2nd pregnancy, I had made an early bookin w her... Lol... Call me typical Singaporeans, but Im sure nt gonna let her go... During dis pregnancy of mine dia time, i sure do gain alot of weight just like the previous one... And w her massage, I assure u, there'll be no regrets... Therefore, I would STRONGLY RECOMMEND Mdm Noura.. She doea Pre-Natal/Post-Natal and also Baby massage as well...

To Mdm Noura, Ur techniques are equally amazin and i cant wait to 'feel' it again... :)

Madam Noura's Contact : 9434 5343

allele

I just come back from my check up...
good news and bad news... I losing weight as compared to my last checkup... But surprisingly, my little girl gain another 0.7kg since two wks ago, increase from 2kg (wk34) to 2.7kg (wk 36)!!!! Next appointment will be two weeks later....
Knowing little girl is healthy and well growing is kind of encouragement and relief....

Liza, ur girl definitely recognize your voice when u holding her, talking and kissing her.... She miss you a lot!! :)
glad that u can start massage and get ready to welcome ur little princess to be home!! Then u can have full concentrate on her by then! Hee...
Hi Sze Sze! Glad to hear that your baby has put on so much weight! My baby gal was weighing at 2.5kg (wk 36) on 4 days ago & next visit also on 2 weeks later :) My gynae was kidding saying that the next time we will either meet at the clinic or in the labour ward ady. hehe..

Anyway, I forgot which mummy asked me about where to get the Bamboo abdominal binder, currently there's promotion for this binder at Parenthood Expo selling at $78 only (UP $98).

allele

Honeyfiedcherry, u are under subsidized at KKH ah?

Lizasaifi is right.
How can The Docs be so slipshod?!

Hmm, u go to Clinic B/D for ur checks is it...

Cannot be TPS right... Cuz mine there isn't like that...
Ya ya.. agree! I dont think it's from TPS.. so far my experience at KKH was pretty good. Gynae will definately update the progress of my baby on every visit.

Sze sze

Allele, thanks!! My gynae still dun want to confirm if I really c-sec in wk 38... But he arranged me to have ctg screening on bb during my next visit... The nurse told me it takes about 30 mins to 1 hour, depending on the bb.... :)

I don't think I will be going down parenthood expo, as I still having flu and cough... Zzzz... luckily my fever recovered. Do u know where else can I get the bamboo abdominal binder?

allele

Hi Sze sze.. yah u better stay at home and take good care of yourself (and also baby!) I bought the Bamboo belly bandit online from another mum. Bamboo series are the most popular products offered by Belly Bandit. You can also get it online at Pupsik Studio website
Belly Bandit, Abdominal Compression Binder - Singapore (selling at $129.9, very ex!) or
at allemom website
Belly Bandit Bamboo Natural — alleMom Singapore (selling at $99). Hope this helps!

Allele, thanks!! My gynae still dun want to confirm if I really c-sec in wk 38... But he arranged me to have ctg screening on bb during my next visit... The nurse told me it takes about 30 mins to 1 hour, depending on the bb.... :)

I don't think I will be going down parenthood expo, as I still having flu and cough... Zzzz... luckily my fever recovered. Do u know where else can I get the bamboo abdominal binder?

lizasaifi

Hello mummies! I'm at hospital now n had a fulfilling day! Changed baby's diapers cuz d nurses were bz. So I changed her myself as I can't bear to see her so uncomfortable wif her legs up. Hahaha managed to feed her wif bottle too n she's now drinking 30ml! No need to use NG tube already! Yaaay! :)

Hi Sze sze! Good to hear dat ur baby is gaining weight well. Dats a gd weight at week 36. She's healthy! :) be prepared to sit or lie down for min 30 mins for d ctg screening. I had to lie for 3 hrs once on my hospital bed cuz baby wasn't cooperating n d doc wasn't satisfied wif d results. Hahaha dat was d longest ctg screening I went thru. Dun worry so much if u had to go thru c-sect. From my own experience I didnt experience a lot of pain. D pain is manageable mostly n I think menses cramp wld be much more pain! Lolz maybe cuz my pain tolerance is high dats why. But dun worry k. It wld be alright n d wound will heal well if u really take good care of it. :)

Mreow Mreow: hahaha yeah I'm experiencing a lot as I visit my princess. She so cute tdy. She had opened her eyes n looked at me as I talked to her. And suddenly she gave me this lopsided smile and closed her eyes again. Dat was d most wonderful moment of my life as a mom! Hee hee

MamaDT

Hey mummies!

Mreow Mreow: I bought My bath tub and stand at the baby studio during their sales. U can visit baby kingdom or mothercare too yah :)

Liza: your princess so cute! ^^

Liza, Mreow Mreow,
Yes I'm under subsidized .. What's TPS anyway ? My check ups are usually at clinic C, but this coming 21st will be at clinic B .

I don't know, usually will wait for hours, go in a few mins where the doc usually tells me, 'your baby is fine don't worry .' then tells me that is all and to wait outside . When we are pregnant, our minds are a bit slow, so I didn't really remember what to ask as I was rushed out !

Liza, your princess sounds so lovely .. I can't wait for the rest of us to give birth one by one !

Hello mummies!! Long time no see.. hee...

Lizasaifi, glad that you are doing well and can see your baby girl has grown! You have been so good at nursing her with your milk, love and attention. I hope I'll be able to take good care of my baby as well... being a first time mum. :)

I just went for my 35 weeks check up today and baby is now 2.5kg. Dr says he'll be about 3kg at full time. He actually gained lesser as compared to previous round. He gained 300g since 2 weeks ago while previous round, he gained 500g in 2 weeks 2 days. When i asked my gynae, he said this is fine.. as long as within average weight. Next week I'll be going for usual scan + ctg. Gynae will charge additional. I've not really heard of doing ctg before due. Sze Sze, is yours chargeable too? They also did not tell me that it will take 30 min to 1 hour. Just wondering what to expect.

Today I finallt finish folding and sorting my baby's clothings! I'm waiting for my hubby to fix the cabinet drawers he bought from ikea and then I will clean and put nicely in the drawers. Also bought 2 nursing bras from a neighbourhood store. Hospital bag almost done. :) Gettting more excited as it seems less than 5 weeks le. :)

Just went for hospital tour at TMC yesterday and saw many new born cute babies! But when i look at the delivery room, really canot imagine how will it be like. :p Guess just have to be positive and jia you! So many mummies have done it so can we!! :)

Sze sze

Cherry blossom, my ctg is chargeable also.... next visit will be my wk 38... I not sure also... is detailed screening on the bb??
haahaa... Next visit shall see...
I think I will pack my hospital bag before the check up, just in case, I not only seeing gynae at clinic but also see him in labour room or delivery theatre... :)

Mreow Mreow

Agh!!

I've not washed baby clothes cuz I haven't bought baby clothes Detergent!!
Hahahaha :p

Need to buy bathTub & stand, milk bottle detergent & cot bedding...

I went to the Expo fair today, cannot find Bath tub with stand. Hehe.
Thanks MamaDT, will find from those places u mentioned!! :)

Lizasaifi, can sense Ure super enjoying motherhood.
Thats very good.
Hubby also very supportive of u :)

Honeyfiedcherry,
I think subsidized is lk that.
Docs will be very fast in consultation..
Hmm, how bout u write down qns that u wanna ask so u can refer to the slip of paper during your visits?

lizasaifi

Hey mummies! I'm still awake cuz waiting for hubby to come back from jb to fill up fuel for his bike. :)

MamaDT: hee hee thank u...u saw her pics in my fb rite? She's cheeky too...slept wif her eyes closed tightly as i was bottle feeding her...must disturb her then she wld start sucking again even wif eyes closed hahaha but she managed to finish...dats more important :D

Honeyfiedcherry: TPS stands for The Private Suite at KKH...well I'm under subsidised too at NUH but it was totally different from wat u are experiencing at KKH...did d doctor measure ur baby bump? Mreow Mreow is rite...maybe u wanna write down qns u have n on ur next appt ask d doctor as soon as u get in hehehe if he wanna rush u out juz tell him this concerns ur baby's life n urs...if anything happen to either of u ur husband will sue KKH hhahaa I noe it sounds like a threat but it mite work....subsidised payment doesn't mean subsidised treatment :)

Cherry blossom n Sze sze: here's some info abt ctg...when u go for ctg u will be strapped on to this machine wif 2 sensors on ur tummy...one is to monitor baby's heartbeat n d other is to monitor if u have any contractions...even if u have BH it will detect it...d readings will come out as a graph wif baby's heartbeats graph line on top n ur contractions graph line at d bottom...purpose is to see if u have contractions n how often n whether baby is in distress if it happens...sometimes u can't even feel d contractions but it will come out on d graph as a peak...hahaha I was hooked up to d ctg machine too many times dat I become expert already lolz d only fun thing abt it is u can hear ur baby's heartbeats galloping away n d rate it is going...yep u will be strapped on for min 30mins if baby cooperate hehehe

Mreow Mreow: oh yes! I am enjoying motherhood so much! :D it feels more real to be able to change her diapers n also feed her even though we are not hm yet...yeah my hubby is very supportive...only dat he still a lil bit anxious of holding his daughter in his arms hahaha he said she's so fragile n his arms so big...scared dat he mite injure her hahaha

Ok mummies...sorry for d long post hahaha if any of u have any qns I mite be able to help ya...juz ask away hee hee dats all for now...wanna watch tv while waiting for hubby...nite nite!

Mreow Mreow

Hey mummies! I'm still awake cuz waiting for hubby to come back from jb to fill up fuel for his bike. :)

MamaDT: hee hee thank u...u saw her pics in my fb rite? She's cheeky too...slept wif her eyes closed tightly as i was bottle feeding her...must disturb her then she wld start sucking again even wif eyes closed hahaha but she managed to finish...dats more important :D

Honeyfiedcherry: TPS stands for The Private Suite at KKH...well I'm under subsidised too at NUH but it was totally different from wat u are experiencing at KKH...did d doctor measure ur baby bump? Mreow Mreow is rite...maybe u wanna write down qns u have n on ur next appt ask d doctor as soon as u get in hehehe if he wanna rush u out juz tell him this concerns ur baby's life n urs...if anything happen to either of u ur husband will sue KKH hhahaa I noe it sounds like a threat but it mite work....subsidised payment doesn't mean subsidised treatment :)

Cherry blossom n Sze sze: here's some info abt ctg...when u go for ctg u will be strapped on to this machine wif 2 sensors on ur tummy...one is to monitor baby's heartbeat n d other is to monitor if u have any contractions...even if u have BH it will detect it...d readings will come out as a graph wif baby's heartbeats graph line on top n ur contractions graph line at d bottom...purpose is to see if u have contractions n how often n whether baby is in distress if it happens...sometimes u can't even feel d contractions but it will come out on d graph as a peak...hahaha I was hooked up to d ctg machine too many times dat I become expert already lolz d only fun thing abt it is u can hear ur baby's heartbeats galloping away n d rate it is going...yep u will be strapped on for min 30mins if baby cooperate hehehe

Mreow Mreow: oh yes! I am enjoying motherhood so much! :D it feels more real to be able to change her diapers n also feed her even though we are not hm yet...yeah my hubby is very supportive...only dat he still a lil bit anxious of holding his daughter in his arms hahaha he said she's so fragile n his arms so big...scared dat he mite injure her hahaha

Ok mummies...sorry for d long post hahaha if any of u have any qns I mite be able to help ya...juz ask away hee hee dats all for now...wanna watch tv while waiting for hubby...nite nite!

We always go to JB lATe at night to Pump petrol and makan Supper too!! :D

dont fret babe, the time will come when u can sayang Baby Nurin at home!!
Soon!! :)

1 of my Bestie gave birth to preemie too..
she had a difficut time BF by direct Latching...
Cuz her baby was accustomed to bottle feeding while in NICU..
I pray Baby Nurin wont have that difficulty!!
whatever happens, Dont give up liza..
AFter all that U've been through and what uhave been telling us, i really think u are someone who wont give up easily whenever met with obstacles....
Which is very good!! :D

CTG everybody must do ah?
Usually done at what week?

also, any idea when do Docs check our cervix for dilation?

Liza, my Doc didnt measure my bump like u once told me that ur doc did!!

hahaha

Mreow Mreow

Hello mummies!! Long time no see.. hee...

Lizasaifi, glad that you are doing well and can see your baby girl has grown! You have been so good at nursing her with your milk, love and attention. I hope I'll be able to take good care of my baby as well... being a first time mum. :)

I just went for my 35 weeks check up today and baby is now 2.5kg. Dr says he'll be about 3kg at full time. He actually gained lesser as compared to previous round. He gained 300g since 2 weeks ago while previous round, he gained 500g in 2 weeks 2 days. When i asked my gynae, he said this is fine.. as long as within average weight. Next week I'll be going for usual scan + ctg. Gynae will charge additional. I've not really heard of doing ctg before due. Sze Sze, is yours chargeable too? They also did not tell me that it will take 30 min to 1 hour. Just wondering what to expect.

Today I finallt finish folding and sorting my baby's clothings! I'm waiting for my hubby to fix the cabinet drawers he bought from ikea and then I will clean and put nicely in the drawers. Also bought 2 nursing bras from a neighbourhood store. Hospital bag almost done. :) Gettting more excited as it seems less than 5 weeks le. :)

Just went for hospital tour at TMC yesterday and saw many new born cute babies! But when i look at the delivery room, really canot imagine how will it be like. :p Guess just have to be positive and jia you! So many mummies have done it so can we!! :)

do u have clothes that are bigger than NewBorn Size? :)
did u wash ALLL the baby clothes or only just the Newborn? :)

ive not packed my bag..

*bleah

Anyone bought Johnson's Baby products? :)
I still find their scent one of the nicest....
hahahah :D

Beenies

Oh no! I have lost track of all the conversations! Mreow mreow, is it really necessary to wash the baby clothes with baby detergent? I washed everything using our normal detergent already! Eeekss!

Beenies

Oh btw I washed all my clothes till 12 months cos they look so small. I bought the Johnson Johnson top to toe wash to try out which is really affordable! I think their products should be fine since its been a brand that has been around for so long!

Mreow Mreow

Oh no! I have lost track of all the conversations! Mreow mreow, is it really necessary to wash the baby clothes with baby detergent? I washed everything using our normal detergent already! Eeekss!

BEENIES!
Long tym no see!!
Have u been busyyy?? :)

Hehe, the antenatal instructor mentioned that baby detergent is slightly better cuz it contains Less stronger Cleaning agents..
Will be better for baby's skin..
Some babies' have sensitive skin so baby detergent is better..

Hmm, maybe u can just soak and rinse ur baby clothes again with only water?
To remove traces of adult detergent?
should be ok after that.. :)
Cuz sometimes even after washing our own clothes, there might be remnants of detergent on certain parts of the clothes...

But u do plan to buy baby detergent for future use after ur baby is out right? :)

I also bought some J&J baby stuff!
The night time purple series, the Peach body Bath & separate Shampoo!!
Haha..
Smells gd man.. :D

Ya, some baby clothes are really small..
Me as a 1st time mummy, really cant guage the sizes man..
I just randomly buy through all the months..
Difficult to imagine baby size.. HAHA :p

lovepixie

Any mummies know where to buy BathTub & Stand?

Hows the parenthood fair?
Got anything to buy? :)

Didn't finish my Shopping at JB! Haha...

Lovepixie, sounds lk a Gd deal To Be a Jusco Member! Is there a fee to register? :)

Lizasaifi, I think ur princess missed ur presence the other day thats why she kept crying when ur hubby was there!!!
She knows her mummy... :D

Ooh, so it's better to buy Nursing Bra after delivery ah... I thought so too but I don't think I will go out after delivery..
Can just standby afew?
Pretty international sounds familiar!!
I will go check out the Tamp Branch! :D
Thanks babe!

Momopeachgal, thanks for ur explanation!
I understand what u mean by the hooks thing!! :)

Honeyfiedcherry, I don't think I will buy nursing tops! Haha.
Will try to make do with my current clothes!! :)
as I have done with my pregnancy now w/o maternity wear...
Hmm, maybe if after delivery then see how!!
Quite ex, nursing wear!!
Mreow Mreow,
I think pay only rm10 for 1 year or 25 for 3 yrs. and the points can change to cash voucher. Last time I always help my colleague to buy milk powder earn a lot of points wor cos milk powder cost a lot haha

Scanned today. My baby is 2.8kg Doc say maximum 3.6kg can still normal birth. Gotta watch out not to overeat.