EDD Jan 2014

Missy, the doctor said that it looks like the baby belongs to team pink but he said he can be mistaken as well. So we will wait until the 20th week scan to confirm. It's another month of waiting...and this is actually the hardest part...the daddy is still hoping that things can change to team blue...but for me anything is okay as long as healthy. But of course team pink will be preferred...hahahaha

anyone started consuming bird nest? I got the bottled bird nest but I always have that "siab siab" taste after eating
i've been consuming bird's nest now, but i take it weekly. My future mother in law bought it for me. But i must admit it needs some getting used to, im not used to consuming this kind of thing. It taste like raw egg to me, any suggestions to make it taste better?

Rzena

I've taken bird nest. So far ok, no siap siap taste leh. Mine is the homemade kind. Do you take it chilled? I like cold birds nest..heehee. Though i think some pple say better not take cold drinks, I heck care so far. :p

I can feel my baby moving more these days. Actually rather ticklish. Sometimes will make me feel like giggling in the middle of meetings. :D

Missy10

chiching8256:813117 said:
anyone started consuming bird nest? I got the bottled bird nest but I always have that "siab siab" taste after eating
i've been consuming bird's nest now, but i take it weekly. My future mother in law bought it for me. But i must admit it needs some getting used to, im not used to consuming this kind of thing. It taste like raw egg to me, any suggestions to make it taste better?
Rock sugar, abit to taste will do, those bottled ones too sweet, cannot consume too much....

I have tried taking both cold and hot. But I must say cold one is better. There's less raw egg taste in it. My mother in law put some root or fruit or something to make it taste better. When I tried it last week, I was able to finish everything since it's cold and doesn't taste funny. But yesterday, she asked me to try again and the taste is back to the old raw egg taste to htb finished it. By the way, sorry to ask, but what does "siap siap" means? hahahaha

Rock sugar, abit to taste will do, those bottled ones too sweet, cannot consume too much....
There was one that was sold in GNC. They said I just need to take one tablespoon or teaspoon (I really can't remember), are those sweet too? Maybe I will ask my soon to be MIL to put some sugar on it to make it taste better..hehehe

babytazz

Missy, the doctor said that it looks like the baby belongs to team pink but he said he can be mistaken as well. So we will wait until the 20th week scan to confirm. It's another month of waiting...and this is actually the hardest part...the daddy is still hoping that things can change to team blue...but for me anything is okay as long as healthy. But of course team pink will be preferred...hahahaha
Can't wait to see mine! But 2 weeks later.. :(

The waiting time is really a killer...hahaha. After the visit, you have to wait for another month. Though time flies really fast, especially this month since there's a long holiday next week. But still, the one month wait is too long for me. Speaking of long holiday....any mommies going for a babymoon? Any suggestions on where to go in Singapore? Unfortunately, my htb, doesn't want us to take a plane or anything outside of Singapore (the kiasu in him) which I understand...hehehe.

babytazz

Chiching: staycations? But it may be tough to book for the long weekend now. Otherwise, can go for a short staycation at sentosa! Just for relaxing only can also try the downtown east resort or east coast's resort (not sure what name it is now).

Rzena

I've already gone to batam for a 3-day trip when i was in week 15. Haha..somemore we brought along my elder boy. Not quite a babymoon but was a good getaway for the family. Chiching u can consider staycation if ur htb dun wan to travel. Enjoy some couple time before the little one pops! :) btw, when is ur wedding? U got many good excuses to ask for a vacation. ;)

liyin

I've already gone to batam for a 3-day trip when i was in week 15. Haha..somemore we brought along my elder boy. Not quite a babymoon but was a good getaway for the family. Chiching u can consider staycation if ur htb dun wan to travel. Enjoy some couple time before the little one pops! :) btw, when is ur wedding? U got many good excuses to ask for a vacation. ;)
I can suggest JB grand paragon or KSL hotel... Not too exp and a drive away...
I m gg for my babymoon and pre y3 wedding anniversary to bali in oct when I m 5 mths along...heehee it wasn't planned as a babymoon but a trip I planned earlier this year and rescheduled

Fay85

The waiting time is really a killer...hahaha. After the visit, you have to wait for another month. Though time flies really fast, especially this month since there's a long holiday next week. But still, the one month wait is too long for me. Speaking of long holiday....any mommies going for a babymoon? Any suggestions on where to go in Singapore? Unfortunately, my htb, doesn't want us to take a plane or anything outside of Singapore (the kiasu in him) which I understand...hehehe.
I will be going Greece for 9 days for my babymoon cum honeymoon!! will be in my 16 weeks then. cant wait! I hope all of you get to enjoy some couple time with your hubby before the baby comes! another 6 more months..

chiching, u can try booking a room in changi village hotel. somewhere quiet and it's near to pulau ubin and nature.. away fr the busy streets..

I've already gone to batam for a 3-day trip when i was in week 15. Haha..somemore we brought along my elder boy. Not quite a babymoon but was a good getaway for the family. Chiching you can consider staycation if your htb dont want to travel. Enjoy some couple time before the little one pops! :) btw, when is your wedding? you got many good excuses to ask for a vacation. ;)
My wedding is on October 6. Bordering on the start of the 3rd trimester so I really can't go on a post wedding babymoon...most probably we will stay somewhere this long weekend. Still thinking where to stay...otherwise it will be a movie marathon for us. :)

Rzena

Wow congrats... but remember to take care. Weddings are busy times..make sure you get enough rest and let the hb do most of the work! By Oct you should be quite big already. Have fun!

Hi Rzena, Thanks. I'm lucky because my future parents in law are taking care of everything. Including my hustle and bustle of the wedding. Well, i really don't want a wedding lunch banquet this year since I'm already pregnant, i was hoping for a very small celebration. But since they insisted, they are taking care of everything. So i just need to finalize my guest list, find the JP and of course attend my wedding...hehehe

nidellia

haha that is so sweet nidellia. always feel very heartwarm-ed when husbands take part in our pregnancy process unlike my hubby only pat pat my tummy once in a few days and goes off to bed :/ , are you on singapore motherhood forum too? saw a similar id there too.
hi lush, yes I am on Singapore motherhood forum as well!!